Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

I'm on my summer break, and I decided to randomly start a project. Dubbing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. Now, I know practically all the information I need can just about be found here, but to me, that's no fun. I've decided to get ALL THE INFORMATION MYSELF, through doing multiple playthroughs.

Voices:
As any dub would suggest, it needs voices. I plan to make an English dub, since I speak no other language.

Characters:
Very thankfully, I don't need to describe who each character is on this forum, because ... well, It's a FIRE EMBLEM forum! So, that's a load off my back, hehe.

Information:
Instead of making 20 million posts (not literally 20 million), I will provide a word document of the information, of each section. For the script, I WILL still provide a word document, or you can simply check out the script through the section on the site.

Why am I doing this?:
Well, as I said, I'm on break, and I wanted to do something I have never done before. I searched on YouTube, and there doesn't seem to be a Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dub on there. I'm not going through the effort to go to every single video hosting site EVER, to search for it. This is also due to boredom, and it gives me something to do. Now, right now, I do not have a job. But, that WILL change. And when it does, I can't spend 19 hours on my computer, doing information for the game, or providing updates. I'm not saying updates will NEVER come, but, they might be come a bit rare at that point. Anyways. I'm not done with the information gathering. Right now, I am working on Support Conversations, and "Special" messages (Lethe versus Zihark, for example). I do hope that some people do take part in this project, and I will credit them, if so they choose. (I say "choose", because some may not want to be credited, I don't know why.)

How do I get the audio to you?:
You can get the audio to me, by either e-mailing me (I will make an email as the last part of the project) or you can go to here, to create an account (It's free, don't worry), and proceed to upload your audio.

What do I need?:
Well, a microphone comes to mind. That and a way to not have background noise in your audio. (It's best if you don't, because if someone's listening to music while doing the voice, it won't sound good in the finished project.)

When will this be done?:
I have NO idea. Each time I finish a playthrough of PoR, I immediately start another file. Once I have finished writing the information down, I will proceed to give an update on here, and as I said, my other forum.

Auditions:
You CAN apply for more than one voice at a time. I will be listening to all the voices, and deciding on which I believe sounds best for the character. When I find an acceptable voice, I will mention who is doing said voice below.

Edit:
I have downloaded some -- not all, but quite a lot -- of the audition files for future use. However, looking at some of them, I realize I must point this out again.

I'm using Knuffle's Volke as an example. Here is what it looks like normally:
2wrlxqx.jpg

Now, I'm glad it's titled "Volke," but simply calling it that is...vague. What I mean is, let's say 20 people auditioned for Volke. If I have 20 files that say Volke (1), Volke (2), Volke (3), etc, I won't know who's who.

So I simply ask that you title your auditions and or other things like this:

4g3dde.jpg

That way, it makes it easier for me to sort them accordingly. Please and thanks.

What about the cutscenes?:
Yes. I will be doing the cutscenes as well. It wouldn't work if we had two Ike's, Greil's, etc.

If I want to help, what can I do?:
Well, personally, I prefer to do the writing information. If you DO want to help, however, you can help me out by finding out how to get Sound Effects from the game. I am aware that Audacity can do something like that, but I am not very good with Audacity.

How will you handle the Ancient Language?:
Now, here is a tricky part. As you know, the Ancient Language is not English. According to this site, (or from somewhere else, I don't remember) it's backwards Japanese. Therefore, I will track someone down who speaks Japanese, to translate the text for me. Then, once I translate the Ancient Language (which would be in English), to Japanese, THAT would be the words you would say. Then, using Sony Vegas (the editing program I will be using), I will reverse the audio, to get backwards Japanese, and hopefully make it seem like the Ancient Language.

Where will this be posted?:
At the moment, only YouTube.
However, if all goes well, and people enjoyed it on YouTube, I may upload it to sites such as Blip, MegaVideo, and maybe other frequent video-hosting sites that can allow 10 minute+ videos. (Yes, I know YouTube can have more than 10 minute videos. My account is allowed to upload more than 15 minutes worth of video.)

What should I do when applying for the voice?:
Now, I am not going to be a jack ass with this. I would like this project to be fun for as many people as possible. What I mean is, you don't need to simply give a generic voice. ... Bah, let me try to explain more.

Let's say you auditioned for Haar. And let's also say that, when you play a normal Path of Radiance go through, you always picture Haar with a Swedish accent or something. If you want to apply for Haar, you could give him a Swedish Accent, if you choose to do so. I'm not saying ALL Auditions for Haar have to be Swedish, but what I'm trying to say is, you can give a character a specific accent, if you want. I mean, the exception is Nephenee and Brom. Since, they're from the country, you can't make them sound ...German or something. But for characters that do not have a clear background, feel free to give them whatever accent you want. (Again, IF you want them to have an accent.)

What about the editing? As in, putting the voice over the sound effects and music?
I am not good with ANY editing software that can deal with things like that. I just downloaded Audacity, but I cannot find a tutorial on how to remove voices. There are some, but, when I tried, it didn't work. So, I'll need another way of removing the Sound Effects, and Music. If anyone would like to help with that, I would appreciate it.

What about Reyson & Leanne?:
Now, you may be (or may not) wondering why I'm putting this as a section, as opposed to treating them like normal characters. The reason I'm making these two a separate section, is because of two things:
1. They both use The Ancient Language, in which I will be asking the people who voice Reyson & Leanne to have two versions of dialogue, one for the English, and one for the Ancient Language.
2. The most important fact -- they both SING. So, here is the "snob" part of this. I really require someone who can sing (if no one on this forum fits the bill, we'll go with the best singer we can get) for "The Forest" cutscene. Other than that, Reyson & Leanne never sing in Path of Radiance. ...Well, except for Endgame, that is. So, two singing moments, I think are in the entire game.

How do I know if I got the voice?
It recently dawned on me, that, if I approve of a character voice, I should do something. ... Er. Here's what I mean. I'll use an example, of a voice I haven't heard yet; Ikanau. (Ikanau is the boss of Chapter 2) Let's say someone applies for Ikanau, and does a really good job, and I say that I love the voice (OR the people in the thread enjoy the voice, too. It's better to have multiple people approve than just myself.) Then, I will wait one month. (Or, as time goes on, less. Because it's not good if we have like, 500 people in this project, and for each new voice, they'd have to wait a month. Each time we get more and more people, I lower the waiting time. We are now at a two-week wait.) If I don't hear a better voice within that time, then the person who voiced for Ikanau, would get the part. Also, just because I really enjoyed certain voices, does NOT mean that no one else can apply right now. People can still apply for these characters, but, once it hits the cut off date, if a better voice did not show up, then those spots will be reserved. As time goes on, the waiting period will become shorter. But for now, it's two weeks. When I approve of a voice, I will say so in the thread itself, not on the main post here.

Audition Lines:
Download Link

Note: Some of the characters -- such as Haar, and Shinon to name two -- don't have the greatest lines. Haar's is really simple. So, feel free to ad-lib for ANY character you want, during your audition. The audition lines are there, mostly for reference -- as in, if you didn't know what to say, you could do that. The audition lines are not forced in any way whatsoever.

E-mail your auditions to:
My E-mail (For this project)

Note: If the link doesn't work for you, you can manually type in my email -> videogamesepic@hotmail.ca

(Or copy-paste it; that might work too.)

Now, without further ado, the cast.
I am accepting auditions for the voices, you can either send them through e-mail, you can upload them to megaupload, or wherever you want.

Note: IF you don't want others to give you feedback, feel free to e-mail me the audition, and only I will hear it. Plus, you need to say yourself, "please do not show this in the thread." But, if you would like feedback from the people here, feel free to post it in the thread itself. Which is what I would recommend you do. Post it in the thread, that is.

Auditions that I approve of, but you can still apply for:

*You can still apply for the above voices. But at the moment, these are the ones I really enjoyed. After the date, I will not listen to any auditions for the character, unless you give me a reason to. (Not just "pretty please!")

Greil Mercenaries:

Ike:
Will be voiced By: Hoss
Back up will be voiced by: Tomo

Greil:
Will be voiced By: TheBeard

Mist:
Will be voiced By: Ninoandjaffar

Rolf:
Will be voiced By:

Rhys:
Will be voiced By:

Boyd:
Will be voiced By:

Titania:
Will be voiced By:

Oscar:
Will be voiced By:

Gatrie:
Will be voiced By: Flame Emblem

Shinon:
Will be voiced By:

Soren:
Will be voiced By:

Mia:
Will be voiced By: CR-S01

Crimea:

Lucia:
Will be voiced By:
Bastian
Will be Voiced By: jvonm

Geoffrey:
Will be voiced By:

Kieran:
Will be voiced By: Boomsickle

Brom:

Calill:
Will be voiced By:

Largo:
Will be voiced By:

Nephenee:
Will be voiced By:

Volke:
Will be voiced By:

Princess / Queen Elincia:
Will be voiced By: Kristina (aka: SakuraTenshi101 on YouTube)

Begnion:

Devdan:
Will be voiced By:

Astrid:
Will be voiced By:

Marcia:

Makalov:
Will be voiced By: Eail

Stefan:
Will be voiced By:

Tanith:
Will be voiced By:

Tormod:
Will be voiced By:

Daein:

Jill:
Will be voiced By: rubydarling

Haar:
Will be voiced By:

Ilyana:

Sothe:
Will be voiced By:

Tauroneo:
Will be voiced By:

Zihark:
Will be voiced By:

Laguz & Laguz Royals:

Tibarn:
Will be voiced By:

Naesala

Nealuchi:
Will be voiced By:

Giffca:
Will be voiced By:

Caineghis:
Will be voiced By:

Dheginsea:
Will be voiced By:

Kurthnaga:
Will be voiced By:

Garreth:
Will be voiced By:

Leanne:
Will be voiced By: Kristina (aka: SakuraTenshi101 on YouTube)

Rajaion:
Will be voiced By:

Nasir:
Will be voiced By:

Ena:
Will be voiced By: Zelda Brawler (from YouTube)

Lethe:
Will be voiced By:

Mordecai:
Will be voiced By:

Ranulf:
Will be voiced By:

Muarim

Janaff:
Will be voiced By:

Ulki:
Will be voiced By:

Reyson:
Will be voiced By: Snide Borwell

Bosses: (Name), (Chapter # Boss)

Zawana (1):

Ikanau (2):
Will be voiced By: jubedube

Havetti (3):

Majin (4):

Emil (5):
Will be voiced By:

Dakova (6)
Will be voiced By:

Balmer (7):

Kamura (8):
Will be voiced By:

Kotaff (9):

Nedata (9):
Will be voiced By: Stomoman

Danomill (10):

Mackoya (11):

Seeker (12):

Norris (13):
Will be voiced By:

Gashilama (14):

Kimaarsi (16):
Will be voiced By:

Oliver (17):
Will be voiced By: Stomoman

Keyachey (18):
Will be voiced By:

Homasa (19):
Will be voiced By:

Shiharam (20):

Kasatai (21):

Schaeffer (22):
Will be voiced By:

Tomenami (22):
Will be voiced By:

Petrine (23):

Rikard (24):
Will be voiced By:

Gromell (25):

Bertram (26):

Haffedd (27):

The Black Knight (Chapter 27-2)

Heddwyn (28):

Bryce (Endgame):
Will be voiced By:

Ashnard (Final Boss):

Extras:

Anna (Tutorial girl):
Will be voiced By: readerwritergirl

Aimee:

Bandit 1:

Bandit 2:
Will be voiced By:

Bandit 3:
Will be voiced By:

Bandit 4:
Will be voiced By:

Bandit 5:
Will be voiced By:

Bandit 6:
Will be voiced By:

Begnion 1:
Will be voiced By:

Begnion 2:
Will be voiced By:

Boy:
Will be voiced By:

Cat Laguz:
Will be voiced By:

Catwoman Laguz:

Crow:
Will be voiced By:

Daein 1:
Will be voiced By:

Daein 2:
Will be voiced By:

Daein 3:
Will be voiced By:

Daniel:
Will be voiced By:

Feral Ones

Girl:

Grandma:

Grandpa:
Will be voiced By:

Hawk:
Will be voiced By:

Hetzel:

Izuka

Jorge:
Will be voiced By:

Lady 1:

Lady 2:

Lekain:
Will be voiced By:

Lotz:
Will be voiced By:

Maid:

Man 1:
Will be voiced By:

Man 2:
Will be voiced By:

Man 3:
Will be voiced By:

Man 4:
Will be voiced By:

Man 5:
Will be voiced By:

Muston:

Narrator:
Will be voiced By: Hoss

Nositohib (Who is he?) : Click here for his picture. (Under Nephenee)
Will be voiced By:

Red Dragon (3 of them):
Will be voiced By:

Pegasus Knight:

Sanaki:
Will be voiced By: TheTinyImp

Sephiran:
Will be voiced By:

Servant:
Will be voiced By:

Sigrun:

Soldier 1:
Will be voiced By:

Soldier 2:
Will be voiced By:

Tiger:
Will be voiced By:

Vigilante:
Will be voiced By:

White Dragon (Where is he?): Click here for his picture. (Under Volke)
Will be voiced By:

Woman 1:

Woman 2:

Zelgius

Nadved:
Will be voiced By:
[Nadved does not have a face. He only shows up in Devdan + Largo's Support Conversation, but, he's still in PoR.]

If I missed any characters, please let me know. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you, Leafii for restoring the post.

Edited by Adam

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will you handle the Ancient Language?:

Now, here is a tricky part. As you know, the Ancient Language is not English. According to this site, (or from somewhere else, I don't remember) it's backwards Japanese. Therefore, I will track someone down who speaks Japanese, to translate the text for me. Then, once I translate the Ancient Language (which would be in English), to Japanese, THAT would be the words you would say. Then, using Sony Vegas (the editing program I will be using), I will reverse the audio, to get backwards Japanese, and hopefully make it seem like the Ancient Language.

Well the written Ancient Language I believe is just the letters of the alphabet replaced by weird symbols. It's only reverse Japanese when spoken. I think this site has already taken the liberty of translating all of its usages into English, now you just have to find someone who can translate the English into Japanese and then record that for you.

Good luck with this project. I have a question about it though. Once you collect the script yourself and recording all the voices are you planning on putting it over a video of the characters via a youtube video or something so we can see and most importantly HEAR it?

Yeah? I do plan to put it on YouTube, and I do plan to be able to have the voices be heard.

I edited my first post. I put in two more things -- Details about applying for the voice, and the fact that I don't know how to remove Sound Effects and Background music.

Details about applying for the voice, and the fact that I don't know how to remove Sound Effects and Background music.

"Options Menu"

Did it for this thing removing BGM:

Edited by shadowofkitty

I'd love to help with this! Sounds like it'll be fun, and I can't wait to hear how it turns out. May I have Bastian?

By the way, I use Audacity, too! ...I don't know how to do what you need to learn, though. =/

Edited by Catnip

"Options Menu"

Ah, thank you. The troublesome part about this, is now I need to re-do a lot of recordings, lol.

I just realized my fail. I don't need to re-record, when I can simply delete the audio.

Edited by etern

• 2 weeks later...

May I have Bastian?

At the moment, sure, but, I'm not going to put up auditions *just* yet. (Sorry for the long delay; didn't read your post. >': ) Once all the detail is finished, then you all can start applying for voices.

I know it's against the rules to double post, but if I waited for someone to post after me at this rate, I may have waited for a month+ or so. :/

At the moment, sure, but, I'm not going to put up auditions *just* yet. (Sorry for the long delay; didn't read your post. >': ) Once all the detail is finished, then you all can start applying for voices.

I know it's against the rules to double post, but if I waited for someone to post after me at this rate, I may have waited for a month+ or so. :/

That's okay, I'm sure it is acceptable in this instance.

I'll be keeping an eye on this topic, I think this could be a lot of fun.

Suggestion: For the Black Knight, there needs to be some kind of audio distortion so that he doesn't sound exactly like Zelgius, so people don't start thinking that everyone in the world's an idiot.

Yeah, I've thought of that. Not to mention the possibility of people who haven't played Radiant Dawn, wouldn't know Zelgius is The Black Knight.

I don't know which effect that is, but, I'll ask on Yahoo! Answers sometime soon.

I have some "sad" news.

My YouTube account doesn't get much views. So, do you guys know of a way to get more views for videos? I mean, I don't wanna have like, the only people watching the result, being people from here, you know? I want multiple people to enjoy the result.

My Account.