Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

##Unvote

##Vote: Sharp

The game's moving along, it's not RVS anymore and there are non-RVS reasons to vote Fly Amanita right now. Is this even a serious vote?

Fly Amanita? I haven't seen those reasons, can you clarify?

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite. I actually was trying to give Bast something to talk about, since he said that act was actually somewhat useful (it really wasn't). I've also noted your quick reaction to the vote, and your defending him and subtly accusing me in his place.

It was more useful than anything else that was going on at the time. It was an actual serious vote for something that turned out to be a misunderstanding but was still better than continuing the standard of toss a vote on whoever because lol RVS. I kinda have to agree with Cutiefly that your vote feels a little off because it was a vote for the sake of "give something to talk about". Cutiefly's reaction is eh, but it's not exactly wrong either so I don't know that your point here about the reaction to the vote is especially valid? Quickly responding to something can just as easily be explained as they were around to respond to it. Would you rather they didn't respond to it or wait until a later point to respond to it? That doesn't really serve any point.

It was more useful than anything else that was going on at the time. It was an actual serious vote for something that turned out to be a misunderstanding but was still better than continuing the standard of toss a vote on whoever because lol RVS. I kinda have to agree with Cutiefly that your vote feels a little off because it was a vote for the sake of "give something to talk about". Cutiefly's reaction is eh, but it's not exactly wrong either so I don't know that your point here about the reaction to the vote is especially valid? Quickly responding to something can just as easily be explained as they were around to respond to it. Would you rather they didn't respond to it or wait until a later point to respond to it? That doesn't really serve any point.

Yes, but it did nothing to end RVS either, as it was based on a misunderstanding and dropped quickly, with things going right back to the way they were. A vote to promote discussion is bad? It's not that the response was quick, but that he jumped on soon after to speak for you without giving you time to respond yourself. Eagerness to speak for others is noteworthy, isn't it?

##Unvote

Blast's #33 post doesn't make much sense to me in the context: Cutiefly (as Bast noted) was actually trying to do meaningful things to kill off RVS, but then proceeds to just comment on how people should probably start talking and the game being a snooze fest? How is Blast himself contributing to the discussion/game with this post? Pot meet kettle in terms of pointing fingers at the rest of the player group and yet not contributing anything himself by this point (aside from explaining to Cutie what the poem thing meant).

On the other hand, while Cutie's backpedal on the Bast post is fine, the secondary response towards Azure (the bitter comment) seems odd to me. There wasn't a whole lot of spite/biting back with the comment, and it seemed more as a way to encourage more reaction(s).

Fly Amantia's vote on Sharp = ???? I don't even know where it came from or why? (And unless I'm mistaken, Fly's last vote had just been on Sharp [and was the actual RVS vote as well] so what exactly was the point of the post #37?)

Bast: (in response to post #51) I noticed you pushed questions forward regarding the timing of Cutie's posts, but not necessarily whether there was an issue with speaking for or otherwise defending someone or not. Would the former, latter, or both combined (whether they were coincidences or not) cause any sort of conflict in reads on Cutie as a result, as you yourself stated that Cutie's reaction was "meh"? (which in itself doesn't spell out much of your actual read as a result of said reactions)

Azure: (in response to post #53) For what reasons would you feel like Cutie would speak up for or otherwise defend him? If it's implied that it could be potential scum activity (covering for a buddy), do you think scum would be so dastardly in openly protecting/covering for someone this early in the game?

Azure: (in response to post #53) For what reasons would you feel like Cutie would speak up for or otherwise defend him? If it's implied that it could be potential scum activity (covering for a buddy), do you think scum would be so dastardly in openly protecting/covering for someone this early in the game?

They could just have wanted to respond to what they thought was my attacking Bast, but I feel it could be potential scum activity, not in covering for a buddy this openly/early, but in quickly rising to the defense of someone they know is town when they see the opportunity to be able to claim credit.

(Bast not Blast)

Spoiler alert: I have a job \o/ Which basically means I'm almost completely afk during the day except for maybe during lunch break! I responded with an answer to Cutiefly explaining my original vote last night. Then over 12 hours later there'd been exactly one more post saying nothing but RVS. I poked, said we should prolly do a little more. I then poof due to work, comment on things when I get back. Mostly what I was trying to do was get some sort of discussion going, which, tbf, I did.

I don't really see what Cutiefly was doing as super defending me. Said reaction was eh because it wasn't terrible, wasn't great but I don't really see it being especially scummy.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, July 8, 2016 - Hey, that's the second one this game!
Hidden by eclipse, July 8, 2016 - Hey, that's the second one this game!

EDIT: FML

Edited by Eurykins

Well that was odd.

(Yeh, I saw the spelling error a bit after the post was made. Go me.)

Upbeat: What're your thoughts on Cutie and the rest of the player base? Unless I'm dumb and missed seeing it somewhere, I don't remember seeing you sharing your thoughts on that slot, so interested to hear what you think of the slot(s) atm.

I had attempted to soak to everyone earlier but some inconveniences happened. My apologies. I intend to keep my words of power on cutiefly.

Initially i didn't approve of the initial vote from cutiefly, however i choose to bit make a bid deal out of the point then add i wished to see what happened from the situation. I thought the reasoning was weak and felt forced. The vote was then quickly dropped with very little pressure or questioning, making it seem even weaker as an initial vote. Then they proceed to have no follow up vote and ignore all currently proceeding events. The only post made at that time had been aquery to whether or not someone was role-playing. I feel my vote is adequate at the current moment.

Fly Amanita? I haven't seen those reasons, can you clarify?

Maybe "reason" would have been a better word, but if you felt their RVS post saying "useless RVS is useless" to be especially useless or if you agree with Sharp's vote on them, those are non-RVS reasons to vote Fly Amanita. At the very least, because of Sharp's vote, there was something.

Are... Are you role playing?

What is roleplaying? I am bringing our enemies to death, honey.

Interrupting discussion to shitpost stifles discussion. Everyone likes to get their RVS vote in before things really get rolling but unvoting and voting the same person again really doesn't do anything! It just slows the gameflow down and keeps us stuck in RVS for longer.

I do understand the theory. However, do you think there is scum intent in that?

I noticed that Sharp ignored discussion too. Why is Amanita scummy, but not Sharp? Why did Sharp deserve a question, instead of being scummy outright? You are being inconsistent and sticking with an easy vote. Let it be known that I do not appreciate that.

The bad guys want to keep us in RVS because it keeps us clueless! If we reach the 48 hour mark without accomplishing anything, we're almost guaranteed to mislynch on the first day and then be in a bad spot for the rest of the game. It's a very blatant scumtrick, but at this stage in the game it's definitely worth pursuing.

Nobody else had ignored discussion at the time of my vote, because the discussion had barely started and Fly's post was harmful to that. I didn't call out Sharp outright because I knew that he was around when I'd just made my post and engaging in conversation with other players is way more effective for forming reads than just talking at them!

Upbeat: What're your thoughts on Cutie and the rest of the player base? Unless I'm dumb and missed seeing it somewhere, I don't remember seeing you sharing your thoughts on that slot, so interested to hear what you think of the slot(s) atm.

At the time I asked Sharp about Upbeat, I didn't really have an opinion on them and it hasn't changed. I appreciate that they're making an effort to progress the game, but I don't feel like they've done anything particularly strange for mafia yet. While I don't agree with Hiiro's case on Cutie, I feel like the way he went about posting his case on her is pretty townie! He posted a few hours late but didn't feel any pressure to force any other reads into the post, showing he doesn't really care about how others think of him.

##Unvote

##Vote: Brexit

Hello! The game is in full swing now, so I'd like a little more participation than that! Voting someone for not doing anything is kind of hypocritical from your postion (you haven't done much yourself or tried interacting with other players at all) and just looks like you're trying to blend in.

Tether needs to start helping too though! The only thing keeping my vote off of them is that I'm not sure if scum would be so boldfaced as to not contribute like that.

I didn't feel that Azure was attacking Bast at all. I did feel that he was acting a bit testy though. When someone requests more content, you don't place a vote with no backing and then ask the equivalent to "is that good enough?"

As for everything else, I was gone last night so I'll have to read what else I missed.

VOTALS

Fly Amanita(2)- Sharp, Best Girl
Brexit(1)- Upbeat
cutiefly(3)- Santa, Hiiro, Azure Blood
Sharp(2)- Brexit, Fly Amanita
B-Cup Camilla(1)- YHVH
Best Girl(1)- Bolt
Upbeat(1)- B-Cup Camilla
Not Voting(2)- Tetsuo, Tether
You have 49 hours and 38 minutes until phase end.

Assuming scum will play perfectly is a bad idea. I also noticed what Azure picked up on.

Upbeat seems like he's fillering a lot and making a big deal out of what pretty much amounts to voting inactives and making easy votes on nitpicky things. Keeping my vote on cutiefly until their reply.

@B-Cup Camilla: I'd really enjoy knowing exactly why you're posting using Camilla's vocabulary. It seems pretty attention-focused and purposely quirky. I've gotten by as scum before for a little bit by being purposely quirky. Your actual content is fine though.

Azure: You might have seen me defending Bast. But I guess I missed my own self's idea of defending Bast then. You weren't even attacking for one, but your tone was unpleasant unregardless.

Upbeat: With the amount of content currently posted, I don't see voting inactives as something that will draw out better content. You do have a lot of people who have posted already, and to vote someone who's inactive would really be a policy lynch this early in the game. Especially since it's just been a little more than a day and people might be busy.

The one inactive who needs a ton of pressure is YHVH. They posted an RVS vote and then proceeded to probably sit back and watch. Lurking isn't always a scummy idea, but it tends to be one.

I don't think RPing means anything for alignment, some people just find it fun!

I'm not voting where I am due to inactivity either. I'm voting it because the vote was not helpful to moving the game along and looked like it was just there for the sake of it.

It's a very blatant scumtrick, but at this stage in the game it's definitely worth pursuing.

My darling, I can understand you a little more.

What caught my attention first was your tone. There is something different about it, although that something is most likely not scummy.

##Unvote

@B-Cup Camilla: I'd really enjoy knowing exactly why you're posting using Camilla's vocabulary. It seems pretty attention-focused and purposely quirky. I've gotten by as scum before for a little bit by being purposely quirky. Your actual content is fine though.

If you have trouble interpreting my words just let my axe do the talking for me.

I'm afraid I fail to see how the current discussion is meaningful. Maybe all the big contributors are town, or maybe I'm just clueless. It does not change the fact that I do not have a clear lead to pursue.

Attention needs to be put on the inactives. YHVH and Bolt have nothing but one RVS post. Tether confirmed late, and that is all we know about him. Dear Marth, could you prod the inactives? I thank you in advance.

##Vote: Bolt

This is where I want to place my vote. He was paying attention at the beginning of the game. I do not appreciate that this was not sustained... Could you perhaps provide an explanation?

Maybe "reason" would have been a better word, but if you felt their RVS post saying "useless RVS is useless" to be especially useless or if you agree with Sharp's vote on them, those are non-RVS reasons to vote Fly Amanita. At the very least, because of Sharp's vote, there was something.

Uhmm, maybe I was too cryptic, but I think it was pretty obvious that my vote on Fly Amanita was a pun, based on his Smash Melee background as a player :/

It was also my first post, and at the time a lot of people were joking, so I guess I assumed it was okay.

Maybe the game should be played like you do, but I feel that beinmg jumpy is not cool whenm ther are no real clues to follow, right?

So, this is not really personal or anything... I just feel that you're acting strange. Sorry :(

##Unvote: Fly Amanita

##Vote: Brexit

I didn't feel that Azure was attacking Bast at all. I did feel that he was acting a bit testy though. When someone requests more content, you don't place a vote with no backing and then ask the equivalent to "is that good enough?"

Azure: You might have seen me defending Bast. But I guess I missed my own self's idea of defending Bast then. You weren't even attacking for one, but your tone was unpleasant unregardless.

You do seem fairly interested in making it quite clear you weren't defending Bast. And are you attacking me now?