Othin Plays FE13!

Othin

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You... picked up Inverses darkness randomly? o.0 I thought that was a personal weapon... ._.

None of the character name weapons are personal; they're all just named after the character. Eirika's Swiftsword, Fin's Guardlance, Othin's Handaxe, Micaiah's Divineflame, etc.

My impression is that those are the "lost" items which are random, so yeah.

Also, there's so much hilarious stuff you can do in this game. In Ch5, I stuck Soiree on Callum to boost his Def to the point where he took no damage from an axe hit and one damage from the boss. Didn't even matter that his HP was getting low as long as I kept enemy mages away.

Ronke also gives +5 Spd when jumping on someone, which allows for ridiculous double attacks. And Krom is just crazy powerful in general, even using Falchion all the time. And yet the game is somehow still putting up a decent fight.

I've reached the first Gaiden where she shows up and massacres everything. Haven't reached the second where you actually recruit her, though. I think that's after Ch9.

Lucky. I remember how much fun FE9 was when it came in the mail (just like you, it was about just as soon after the J release).

A few people have really been interested in recording the music. Do you think you'd be willing to entertain them? I'm sure VincentASM would appreciate your recordings as well. All you need is a recording device and a generic audio cable, and if you're recording to your computer (most people would do this), get a program like Audacity to get the actual data saved to a file.

Is the sound room available in the extras, or do you have to wait until completion? I presume the sound room still exists, at least, since every released game other than FE1, FE3, and the Satteliview games has had it.

Lucky. I remember how much fun FE9 was when it came in the mail (just like you, it was about just as soon after the J release).

A few people have really been interested in recording the music. Do you think you'd be willing to entertain them? I'm sure VincentASM would appreciate your recordings as well. All you need is a recording device and a generic audio cable, and if you're recording to your computer (most people would do this), get a program like Audacity to get the actual data saved to a file.

Is the sound room available in the extras, or do you have to wait until completion? I presume the sound room still exists, at least, since every released game other than FE1, FE3, and the Satteliview games has had it.

There's some Extras menu, but I don't know what the options are. I'll poke around a bit later.

I also don't think I have anything I can use for that recording, but I'll have to see.

A cable costs, what, like 0.50USD? You could probably find one online for about $4, with shipping. I presume since you could accord a (J) 3DS and the game, along with shipping of both, your income could cover a $4 cord too :P:

The DLC map has rare items and you can keep playing and obtaining them over and over. Kouli on Gamefaqs said he already had 5 Thunder Swords by Chapter 11 and he also got a Hammerne from the DLC map.

Yeah, I saw that Kouli has a few Thunder Swords, so they seem to be as common as FE8 Runeswords. Hammernes might be more common now that they have low use.

I played that one and got 1000 gold and Elwind. Even after playing that and Ch5, however, no new skirmishes have yet shown up.

No indication of fame, either. I think that comes from Dual Tags and related stuff. On the other hand, weird items seem to be showing up randomly from stepping on these spots with sparkles. I just had Callum pick up Inverse's Darkness, a high-level dark spell, from a sparkly spot in Ga2, which is ridiculous for this point in the game, even though I can't use it yet. MU died so I had to reset, so we'll have to see if it's still there on the next attempt or if it's replaced with something new.

Cool, 1000G/Elwind for 1st skirmish is decent. Maybe new skirmishes come from waiting or buying and then returning to the map. Those sparkly spots might have percentages like the Vaalni/Lagdou chests.

Also, I've been trying to find out through sites and playthroughs, but the former doesn't translate well and the latter don't use him, so do you recall what was the first axe available for Vake and when you got it?

Finished Ga2. Did not get Inverse's Darkness this time, unfortunately. I think Viole just picked up some Exp. Ga2 was another bandit chapter, but again, optional.

Conveniently, just after MU had reached LV10 in that map, Anna showed up as a merchant selling a Master Seal and a Change Seal, and I was able to afford to buy both. No reason to wait, so I now have a Grandmaster before playing Ch6.

There are so many great conveniences in this game that just act as nice touches to round it out as fantastic. Like the overall enemy range displaying in purple so you can see certain enemy ranges within it separately, as red.

Also being able to back out of a chapter from the prep screen and return to the world map. Doesn't make a ton of sense, but hey, it works. Being locked in in FE8 just for wanting to save your preparations was just weird.

Thanks for the answer. I'll just have him double with other units until that turn.

That's what I did. He just acted as +Str for Viole.

Wait, does Fred come with an ax? If so, why not just slap that on Vake?

Nope, just a Silver Lance.

Edited by Othin

Wait, does Fred come with an ax? If so, why not just slap that on Vake?

Frederick comes with a Silver Lance. I'm sure nobody has an axe or drops it before Vake joins up. So you have to wait 2 turns for Miriel before he can start attacking.

EDIT: Nevermind, Othin beat me to the answer.

+Str is good. I'll do that for MU since I want him to use swords more often.

Glad, the shop/manage and return strategy works here. I'll be doing a lot of that to get enough money.

Edited by Silent Mercenary

It sounds like they've really dug in and cleaned up the clutter to make a really well put together Fire Emblem. Backing out of a chapter back to the map is great (even if it makes no sense plot-wise)! The improvements to enemy range and such are a nice bonus. That, and an actual reason to promote early have me very stoked to get my hands on this.

How's Sol holding up (stats/growths,etc)? I really want to use him a lot in my game (it's almost here~), but I have seen absolutely 0 talk about the guy on any website.

Edited by ReedTien

If you do take pictures, could you take a picture of Chambray and Renha?

Could you give us details on Valhart's Overlord class?s

And, if at all possible, could you find out i the characters recruitable in a second playthrough is true?

Watching the playthrough on that JRPG channel, it seems like the player only attacks at 1-range with most characters, losing out on an enemy phase. Are Javelins and Hand Axes somehow lacking in accessibility for a while?

And about Frederick, how high are his base stats, namely defence, since he comes as a prepromote in a class with the second highest base defence. Are his growths more of an Oifaye's or a Jeigan's? Have you noticed if any characters have negative absolute base stats like in FE DS?