KoT Patch (Update, 4/27: New Shaman Unit Now In C6! C6 Poll Ends Soon!)

Kngt_Of_Titania

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Features Should Be Implemented in C6?

• A) Make boss a theme, replace more units with shamans!
    • B) Buff up boss and nearby entourage, place spider further back!
    • C) Heavy fog (shorter Fog of War sight distance), give Natasha 15 Use Torch in C5!
    • D) Monster reinforcements!
    • E) Your own idea! (Please post it)

If it's just a small(ish) sequence of edits that borked your ROM, and you didn't have a backup, you can open up an unmodified ROM and zip to the same address where you did modify data in the other ROM, then just copy/overwrite the vanilla data over your bad edit. Should be a quick fix.

But yeah, common sense 101 - don't fuck with it without protection.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's just a small(ish) sequence of edits that borked your ROM, and you didn't have a backup, you can open up an unmodified ROM and zip to the same address where you did modify data in the other ROM, then just copy/overwrite the vanilla data over your bad edit. Should be a quick fix.

But yeah, common sense 101 - don't fuck with it without protection.

Well, what happened was that I forgot I closed out of Event Assembler, so the options were at "Whole Length" and "0" when I assembled C5's event data back in, basically erasing the event data for every chapter.

Or at least I think that's what happened. I assume it's so, mainly ecause it went straight to the main menu every time I tried to open up a chapter.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

bolting early game in any game doesn't make any logical sense

Thank goodness there isn't one then. -.o

But no, really, it was a preliminary idea to spice up the map without being an attempt at trolling, since almost all of the enemies of the map weren't even in its range. I had it alpha-tested and replaced with a merc after feedback said it was a bit much.

Almost every change will be given a second opinion by an alpha-tester before I release it publicly, most likely.

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

New update! C5x is nearly done, which means just one more chapter left before v0.1 is released! For C6, you can vote and help decide which features make it on to the map; hurry, before the poll closes!

More sneak peak pictures will be added on the OP over the next day or so, and I'll update the patch notes to include all of the new changes so far!

Replace the Iron Blade cavalier with one that uses a Killing Edge. Give that lone Troubadour Physic instead of Mend. Instead of Halberd/Iron Axe, make it Halberd/Steel Axe, and up that dude's Skill and Speed. Lastly, if you really want to piss people off, replace Novala's Flux with Nosferatu, and increase Speed accordingly.

replacing weapons with killers is always a good idea

good game design, will not infuriate players, etc.

Well, if it isn't propped correctly. You can make Killers a decent way of deterring a person from going through a certain route of the map. Assuming there's more than one way, of course.

In Chapter 6, though? Yeah. Terrible idea.

Edited by Colonel M

why not use a bolting valkyrie with over 9000 atk then

It depends on how much we really want to choke (and if the Valkyrie moves and everything). Though I think the better solution is to put Formortiis as every enemy on the map.

Though I think the better solution is to put Formortiis as every enemy on the map.

glad to see at least someone on this damn forum has vision

Edited by Jubby

Well, if it isn't propped correctly. You can make Killers a decent way of deterring a person from going through a certain route of the map. Assuming there's more than one way, of course.

In Chapter 6, though? Yeah. Terrible idea.

Killers in general are going to reserved for late-game, if at all, for both enemies and player units. They tend to be so potent in general that I'm going to make them require A rank, most likely. In their place, I've got other options for C rank for all three types of weapons.

The reason why I suggested it is because the default Iron Blade is rather heavy. Something that hits hard and is lighter would work, and I'm pretty sure a Silver Sword here would be silly.

The reason why I suggested it is because the default Iron Blade is rather heavy. Something that hits hard and is lighter would work, and I'm pretty sure a Silver Sword here would be silly.

I might go for a steel sword/venom sword then, considering. With the buffed enemies, silvers would be a bit ridiculous, unless it was a unit all by itself.

I'm currently finishing up my test/photo run, and realize I need to tone down C5x, which surprised me.

If you really want to increase the difficulty of a game, Silvers should always be the higher priority before using Killers to inflate difficulty.

Mostly because it leaves less to chance. Only times I can think of where killers are better are a) Some sort of Escape Mission where you're not supposed to engage the enemies, or b) uh....I'll think of a reason eventually!

Mostly because it leaves less to chance. Only times I can think of where killers are better are a) Some sort of Escape Mission where you're not supposed to engage the enemies, or b) uh....I'll think of a reason eventually!

B would pretty much be what I outlined, but you want to keep the enemy in one space and not fire off from 3-10 range (like dondon's idea of the Valkyrie Bolting).

That and I can still savestate and RNG-abuse to escape a Valkyrie with over 9000 Atk.

Or something you can reliably tank. Like, in a chapter with a forced deployed armour, a myrmidon with a killing edge's two displayed damage isn't exactly fearsome.