Criminal OC Mafia - Game Thread - N5 ends 14/09/2015

Zkirsche

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Vote: Darrman

If my claim bothered you (which is fine, in all fairness), why haven't you bothered talking to me about it?

Looks like I'm on a bandwagon.

@Refa: Well, what kind of townie would be claiming to be an arsonist? I may not be very experienced in the land of Mafia, but wouldn't that imply sinister intentions? But yeah. Well, I'm not gonna blindly claim to someone with a sketchy claim. And IIRC, weren't roleblockers usually on the scum side of things? I know townie roleblockers are a thing, but they're scum often enough. And as for why I didn't PM you, I didn't wanna claim, so I didn't PM you. Simple as that.

Edited by Darrman

Yay phoneposting for the first time! (Can't use my computer right now)

Darrman, maybe where you've played it does, but here roles are not alignment indicative like half of the time. People who base their reads on rolespec alone are wrong a good deal of the time, because mods already make their setups so that you can't guess scum easily by role alone. For example, once I rolled one-shot arsonist and I was town.

I think Darrman is way too confrontational to be scum and I don't see the pressure as leading to anything, so yeah.

For example, once I rolled one-shot arsonist and I was town.

I think Darrman is way too confrontational to be scum and I don't see the pressure as leading to anything, so yeah.

This was in my game btw :D

Also @ Mits, fwiw I did that in SFMM2 and it was my first scumgame (personal Biased thoughts but yea)

@Mitsuki: So you could have a scum doc in theory? (Not like there's any point, but you get the idea.)

Anyways, sorry for breaking the rules. (that's what the idiot post was implying...)

What the fuck is my phone doing Elie pls help

@Elie I know what you mean, but I still don't see it? It's because he's being a jerk just like that and I expect scum to try to be overall nicer, even if they aren't to people who they're casing. Not the strongest read but I also don't like how everyone voted Darrman all of a sudden, that never happens when the person who is being voted is scum.

Mits I skyped you something relevant to the conversation, before you posted fyi

also Yea it's unlikely, but this early in the phase, I don't think I'd be too quick to say "I also don't like how everyone voted Darrman all of a sudden" when the wagon is Me (the first voter), Refa (town leader) and one single random unargued vote from SB.

It's a wagon of 3 on D1 in a 15p game. That's quite a bit more paranoia than I'd expect at this point in the game

##Vote: Elie

restating what gilgamesh just said, but with more oomph. what are your opinions on Darman? is he scum doing a similar thing to you in SFMM2? is your vote there still just RVS or srs?

My original thought on Darrman was;

Few people had talked to him, but word was getting to me from a few others that he had talked to very few people, by grapevine.

I heard he had talked to a very select crowd of people (amount=1 or 2), whcih made me think that he was newbscum who had just talked to a scumbuddy(s), and he slipped it out. He had not responded to PMs from Refa and I, despite looking at mine (not sure on Refa's), so I felt that a vote on him would either a: apply some pressure and get him to follow up on what i consider to be a potential noob scumslip, and b: if he's town, apply pressure to him so he can get his butt in gear and reply to people

so yes, part of it is being Salty that he didn't respond to me, but I found out I'm not the only one he acknowledges not replying to,

After his response and talking to him very briefly on iRC, I feel slightly less confident about him being scum, since i found out who he actually has talked to via OC and it's with people who I townread, so yea

Whether he's scum or not, him doing something similar to what I did back in the days of SFMM2 is somethign that just shouldn't go ignored. I've got nothing better at the moment, and Darrman's done little to convince me that he's town at this point. The only reason I'm scumreading him less than I was before is because of other people's associations with him, not because of his contribution to the game. I'm keeping my vote here until I have a reason to do something more useful with it

bbm why are you voting me

Man, I make a completely unexplained vote and nobody even bothers to talk about it? You all suck.

I didn't actually have a scumread on Darrman and wanted to see if he freaked out or not if I voted him. I guess it's possible that he's scum with Refa since I told him I was doing this, but eh, I don't really have a problem with how he's been acting now and I doubt he'd be so against his scumbuddy trying to lead so I'd say he's probably town.

##Unvote

##Vote: Elieson

I don't like the way he slings suspicion at Mitsuki without actually commiting to a vote on her. If you think her paranoia is faked, why aren't you doing something about it?

By the way, I did look at Refa's, just so you know. It basically consisted of "what's up, you enjoying the game, gimme your role." I already explained why in my long rant earlier.

@Elie: So your PM consisted of basically you complaining about being on IRC, rather then something actually important to the game. So I was like "eh, he's grumbling about his IRC issues. No biggie." So I didn't respond.

I'm voting you because I didn't like how you were attacking reasons to townread Darman without actually committing to a scumread (beyond that initial vote).

this may be semantic but your language in the last post is weird.You said that you're "slightly less confident" that he's scum. This implies that prior to talking to him briefly on IRC, you were fairly confident he was scum, which is much more of a suspicion than you've indicated prior to that- in the beginning when you voted him you said you had a slight reason to vote Darman. It's also kind of a strong scumread to have so early in the game.