FE 9 Mafia - Game Over

Vhaltz

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I'm impossibly competent when it doesn't matter! You will never more cleanly deplete a tube of toothpaste than I! Fear the almighty, all-powerful, all-Worfed-to-hell-in-the-third-act, Terrordoor!

I figured out who the scum is, it's Terrador

If you're scumreading Terrador, why didn't you vote him? There's nothing wrong with your actual issues (not stellar, but it's early game) but you not following up on them is scummy.

Also prod dodging in general isn't bad, it's just that in context you'd have no reason to do so when there was no content anyways.

Terra's reply bothers me as well. If your Boron suspicion was a joke, why bother overexplaining it? Also it's bullshit that you're saying he's antitown for being bothered by a wagon on him (for discouraging daytalk over say, overreacting). The second portion is pretty much "why pick on me over Boron"; neither you nor Boron even have scumreads on each other. What do you hope to accomplish here when he specifically mentioned a read on Boron?

Bothered by wagon =/= calling scum for getting on the wagon. Don't equivocate it.

And as far as the overexplaining goes--what else was there to talk about? I was addressing the (if very flimsy) case against me (read also: one of the tiny handful of things that existed in the thread so far). And since when is a what, twenty-word address of that point overexplaining?

Though yeah, you do have me on the Boron thing--it's late, and I forgot about that post, sue me. I was trying to point out that the points on me were vacuous and inconsistent--which they still are, read on Boron or not.

Roxas: RVS is Random Voting Stage, so called because people will goof around until something approaching relevant comes up, which builds into actual content.

Already know Disco is almost certainly town because no scum would make their first post "prod dodge" imo it attracts way too much attention. Also a good follow up from a reaction test.

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

Sheeping weapons and Refa, he's tried so hard to justify himself in #50 that it bothers me. Don't really have an opinion on his first post though, but anything regarding Boron he seems to post gives me a headache.

And as far as the overexplaining goes--what else was there to talk about?

Anything other than that, or nothing at all. Town usually just shrugs off RVS cases because lolRVScases. Disco didn't even vote you so why you felt the need to go overboard is just confusing. You weren't fighting for your life quite yet.

Is Disco still scummy? Why would scum!Disco do what they did? It draws too much attention. Refa should answer this as well.

Junko is probably town because I don't think scum would bother posting if all they had to say was "everyone is null LOL".

Votecount Time!

Disco Kawaii (3): Refa, Terrador, Sunwoo

Shinori (2): commie scum, Dandragon

commie scum (2): TheCosmicDude

Terrador (1): kirsche

Dandragon (1): Quote

TheCosmicDude (1): Refa

kirsche (1): Roxas

With 13 alive it takes 7 to hammer. There are 46~ hours left in the day.

1 day passes and we're only in page 3, oh boy!

I feel like there's scum among Boron, Junko and Dandra but I can't figure out who it is exactly because all of them did the same thing I'm suspicious of- they voted people who did not vote in RVS, in an over-the-top manner. I feel like this is something scum do to pass off their votes as joke votes, but really what they're doing is coasting off of their vote on a wagon(usually on a townie), pressurizing them until they break.

##Vote:Junko

I'm not gonna vote Dan atm because in Greatest Hits Mafia he played jokingly and looked bad, ended up flipping town.

But I feel like Junko's game has been weird so far- in AM/PM2 he was able to pull off a weird reaction test and pressurize mancer for reads, but here his vote looks like it does nothing.

Its similar to his Code Geass play where he was more relaxed and lazy and passed off things as stuff that he couldn't understand, unlike in AMPM2 where he was very obviously TRYHARD TOWN.

I think Refa is town- he's a lot more aggressive than what scum!Refa is during RVS. Also I think Terra overexplaining minor things isn't a scumtell since Terra is quite verbose IMO and that's way too much effort for scum at this stage.

Shinori and Disco, please stop trolling us.

1 day passes and we're only in page 3, oh boy!

I feel like there's scum among Boron, Junko and Dandra but I can't figure out who it is exactly because all of them did the same thing I'm suspicious of- they voted people who did not vote in RVS, in an over-the-top manner. I feel like this is something scum do to pass off their votes as joke votes, but really what they're doing is coasting off of their vote on a wagon(usually on a townie), pressurizing them until they break.

##Vote:Junko

I'm not gonna vote Dan atm because in Greatest Hits Mafia he played jokingly and looked bad, ended up flipping town.

But I feel like Junko's game has been weird so far- in AM/PM2 he was able to pull off a weird reaction test and pressurize mancer for reads, but here his vote looks like it does nothing.

Its similar to his Code Geass play where he was more relaxed and lazy and passed off things as stuff that he couldn't understand, unlike in AMPM2 where he was very obviously TRYHARD TOWN.

I think Refa is town- he's a lot more aggressive than what scum!Refa is during RVS. Also I think Terra overexplaining minor things isn't a scumtell since Terra is quite verbose IMO and that's way too much effort for scum at this stage.

Shinori and Disco, please stop trolling us.

i feel insulted by this

##unvote

i need to look over this again before i make any serious votes, but my gut is starting to go towards kawaii

so I slept for 13 hours and I have class in an hour

Anyway to me it seems kinda weird so many people jumped on Kawaii this early because it seemed obvious (at least to me) they were reaction fishing. I don't find them scummy at the moment because it looked like they were just trying to get the game started. Although it would be nice if they voted instead of throwing the empty Terrador suspicion into the air lol

wrt my dandragon vote: his rvs vote looked like a classic overblown scum jokevote that tried really hard to look like a joke but ended up looking detached and forced instead. I've never played with him but that point still stands and I'll explode irl if he flips scum. also that empty unvote ending with the "I might be suspicious of kawaii" is really bad

brb I'm not done reading I'll be back in a couple of hours

Oh, sorry I fucked up, I meant to elaborate on my first point. The REASON I find it weird is because I agree some people involved were probably trying to blend in. I have not read the entire page of posts so that's all I can really say which is probably why I didn't say anything

I don't really like Kawaii or Terrador at this point. Both seem over-eager to prove themselves by quickly launching accusations and defenses. Kawaii I might be a little more forgiving to since she might have just wanted to compensate for the prod dodge post, but Terrador's wordy defense posts seem to smell more particularly of trying hard to look town. Of course, though, that might just be his usual style even on the rest of the boards.

wrt my dandragon vote: his rvs vote looked like a classic overblown scum jokevote that tried really hard to look like a joke but ended up looking detached and forced instead. I've never played with him but that point still stands and I'll explode irl if he flips scum. also that empty unvote ending with the "I might be suspicious of kawaii" is really bad

i said i had a gut feeling it was kawaii, not that i might be suspicious. the two are actually different.

taking the time the read over posts, my one big gripe is that Kawaii claimed Terrador was scum without following through and voting him. I don't buy that someone is willing to call them out but not to vote on them. that wasn't even worthy of a scumread.

##Vote: disco kawaii

i said i had a gut feeling it was kawaii, not that i might be suspicious. the two are actually different.

thank you for clarifying this, but since we seem to have different definitions of what constitutes a gutread vs. what constitutes a suspicion, keep in mind that when I say I have a scum gutread on someone, it usually means I am suspicious of them but just cannot explain why. The same is true with gut townreads

to me it looked like you were either being lazy or you wanted to throw out something regardless of what you actually felt about it

^ the above statement, by the way, can also apply to Cosmic. Where's your vote, bro?

I'm trying to decide what I feel about Terrador but I wanted to say that for some reason my gut is pinging me on Marth. also I feel like Refa is usually more more of a general presence in my mind's eye than this but we're only a page of Actual Game in and my brain keeps wanting to think there's more ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Terra, when you're bothered by a wagon, it's because scum is on it. How you're going about proving the points on you wrong is what was bothering me over the action itself (not sure how to explain this better).

Disco is still scummy (...duh), and I don't get why he made the prod dodge post (maybe a reaction test but that just makes not voting Terrador even worse). I voted it at the time because it was antitown, and now I'm voting him because the inconsistency between his words and his actions was the scummiest thing in the thread.

Cosmic Dude is worse in this regard, mostly due to providing more reasoning and yet still not dropping a vote. Well, the actual reasoning is bad too. There's a lot of words being thrown with no conclusions drawn and nothing being added to the game; newer players tend to waffle but the actual thought process (these people are trying to hard to look town) doesn't lend itself to that kind of indecision.

when I say I have a scum gutread on someone, it usually means I am suspicious of them but just cannot explain why. The same is true with gut townreads

Heheheh.

##Unvote

##Vote: TheCosmicDude

I'm trying to decide what I feel about Terrador but I wanted to say that for some reason my gut is pinging me on Marth.

When you can, you should explain the gut read on Marthipan because I really suck at reading Scum!Mars.

I might not be around for much of today because I have work and a three-hour class.

All right, so. I don't think Disco is scummy, although I wish they'd be more proactive. Scum would not post "prod dodge" in early RVS when nothing was happening. Their reasons for suspecting Terrador are a bit weird, and I don't agree with those reasons. I do agree with Refa that Terrador is being overly wordy in their explanation. I'd pass it off as "typical Terrador", but I'm not sure if I like how he says, "oh Boron did this too, why isn't she shady?" and throws out terms like "buddying/defense". It feels like he's trying too hard to look at reasons things are scummy. Definitely not feeling super good about Terra.

Marth's reasoning about "there must be scum among Boron, Junko, and Dandra" is weird. It's RVS -- aren't we supposed to be jumping on every little thing hoping that SOMETHING gets the game started? What makes you "feel" an "over the top" vote more likely to be coming from scum as well? Because unless you can pass it off with actual support it sounds like some reason you're pulling out of the air to give more "credence" to your reads.

Cosmic, where is your vote? Is Kawaii scum or not? You sort of discredited your own read on Terrador at the end as well. If you have nothing to say about anyone else, are they fine then?

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

Arbitrary given reasons are arbitrary, and considering that he names three candidates for suspicion but only explains two of them, voting for one and dismissing one because "oh he played bad", and doesn't mention the third person I'm a bit leery of his reasons for voting Junko.

Work, got to run.

Okay, i was a little late to gon on the game (mostly because of timezone) and have a hard time to grasp on the situation so i will reread all the thread before posting anything useful.

Just a thing before that : could this be possible to request iso on the op ? Don't want to go trough the whole thread to find post of a particular user, it start to be problematic for me and will definitively be later on.

I honestly was not aware we were supposed to vote someone as soon as we declare a suspicion on them? I remember that was common practice in the one Mafiascum game I was in, too, so maybe I should have figured.

If I'm waffling/indecisive, it's partly because I'm a little waffling/indecisive by nature and partly because I really don't see an excessive amount to go on right now. RVS in general always frustrates me because what seems to get everyone else excited always tends to look like small potatoes to me, though I try to go along with picking apart every little thing about a person's behavior. The way I kind of negated myself about Terrador is a good example of my problem with it; there are things people do that could be scumminess or could just be them. In a sense Mafia is easier when you play with people you know because you're much more familiar with what is normal behavior for them and what is strange.

Gotta go, I'll be back later. Before I leave, I'll just acquiesce and vote my biggest suspect ATM.

##Unvote

##Vote: Terrador

Votecount Time!

Terrador (3): kirsche, TheCosmicDude

Disco Kawaii (2): Terrador, Dandragon

commie scum (1) Marth

Shinori (1): commie scum

Dandragon (1): Quote

TheCosmicDude (1): Refa

kirsche (1): Roxas

Marth (1): Sunwoo

With 13 alive it takes 7 to hammer. There are 36~ hours left in the day.

Edited by Vhaltz

Definitely an error in the votals, considering I and several other people have 2 votes.

Cosmic Dude, I'm fine with your explanation for the most part. I'd like for you to go through your actual reasoning though. How were Terrador and DK trying to hard to be town? Now that there's more content out there, what do you think of the other active posters?

boron why would you vote kawaii early RVS if you think kawaii would not say prod dodge as scum in early RVS?

I also don't get how marth can determine how i am playing similar to code geass two or three posts into the game.

i agree with the kawaii suspicioun but not the crimson one because although it is fair to say that there wasn't enough to place a vote confidently saying they are scum kawaii never actually bothered to RVS vote so i don't see why they would not vote terra if they at least had a minor suspicion on them?

basically just random thoughts and nothing definite yet.