Fire Emblem Anime

ButteredToast

Yes, I know there was a Fire Emblem OVA/ But that one suffered through really bad flow and such, and I just kept wondering what would be the Fire Emblem game that could be an awesome anime.

Awakening comes really close to being a awesome anime if given the opportunity, not to mention the style of the game is really close to an anime.

I don't know, what do you think?

What constitutes as a good anime?

And what FE game would be a great contender for an anime adaptation?

Even more, if FE was an anime, what English voice actor would voice what character?

EDIT: I have made a mistake of first saying American, when I meant to say English, and I'm so so sorry.

Edited by Cal the Tactician

Awakening would be fun, but the problem lies with canonizing pairings; they could just do whatever pairings they want like some manga adaptations, but probably not without intentionally putting off a portion of the fanbase (which may not really matter to them in the long run...but still). As much as I would like it, I think an FE4/5 adaptation would be easier since FE5 already retconned some pairings into canon, like Lewyn/Ferry, though I wish we wouldn't have to deal with the problem that is Finn/Raquesis/Beowulf.....I wouldn't mind it though if they just animated the O-sawa manga for FE4, minus the Eldigan/Raquesis subplot.

Tbh, the easiest would probably be the games that don't have too much set in stone in regards to pairings, since Ylisse and Jugdral rely too heavily on those concepts in order to have children characters. And we all know what kind of flame wars we'd have if that happened. Though some like to watch the world burn...

I wish that we could have an anime adaptation for Magvel; other than Gaiden, it the only game without a companion, so maybe that'd make up for it a little. Problem is, Awakening would seem the most likely choice considering its sizable fanbase in both the east and west compared to the other games.....Gah, I'm rambling at this point. Basically, I do and I don't want an anime...

I would love to see the FE4 manga adapted to an anime, I love that one. I think an anime based on Awakening would be good too, or FE7. FE9/10 I actually don't think would be as good, at least not 10.

the main problem i can see with adapting any FE into an animated form is the gameplay. the entire thing is large-scale battle after large-scale battle, many of which are arguably indistinguishable from each other in terms of flow, which is fine and all for a game but ironically doesn't make for a particularly exciting animu. you've seen one giant fight, you've seen them all. had the FE3 OVA continued, i suspect it would've fallen into this particular trap of stagnation

in this regard, the ideal source FE would have to also feature a sizable quantity of other objectives and approaches to scenarios; for example, FE5, FE7 and maybe part 1 of FE10 would be particularly viable given the significant quantity of defensive and escape chapters. of course, it's not impossible to make an endless cavalcade of battles work well and remain fresh in animu form and it's not like adaptations and reinterpretations are impossible; the Osawa FE4 manga comes to mind as doing a pretty good job of mixing up the endless fighting and keeping it interesting for non-game formats

Awakening comes really close to being a awesome anime if given the opportunity, not to mention the style of the game is really close to an anime.

Welcome to waifu wars galore.

Even more, if FE was an anime, what American voice actor would voice what character?

[/elitism]

Edited by shadowofchaos