Zanarkin

Rules

-1v1

-no items

-best 3 out 5

-3 Stocks for each player

-8 minute limit

-This is a Swiss tournament

-If sudden death occurs due to someone making a suicide move, the suicider wins.

Stages Allowed

Final Destination

Battlefield

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2

Castle Siege

Lylat Cruise

Frigate Orpheon

Delfino Square

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

Picking order will be 1/2/1/2/L. The loser being the one that lost on the fourth match. If anyone doesn't want to play in a certain stage make sure you tell your opponent and come up with an agreement.

Lets see...

1. SlayerX FC: 0645-5431-2638
  2. Angru Mainya (Anzus) FC: 1892-9071-1950
  3. Quintessence FC: 1805-3733-1145
  4. ShadowofKitty FC: 4726-1529-9159
  5. Core FC:
  6. Chaoskitty FC: 1376-6029-9197
  7. Xeylode FC: 0432 0972 0761
  8. mmKALLL FC: 2451-5603-6179
  9. Luffy FC: 0473-7705-4433
  10. Kirsche FC:
  11. Waha Knife FC: 0688-7328-3168
  12. Royal Ludroth FC: 1976-9843-8701

First Round:

Kirsche Vs. mmKALLL / mmKALLL won

Core Vs. Luffy

Angru Mainya Vs. Chaoskitty / Chaoskitty won

ShadowofKitty Vs. Waha Knife / Shadowofkitty won

SlayerX Vs. Quintessence / Quintessence Won

Royal Ludroth Vs. Xeylode / Xeylode Won

Winners will get 1 point, losers will get 0.

Deadline for the first round is Saturday August 13

Round 2:

1p:

mmKALLL - Chaoskitty / mmKALLL won

Shadowofkitty - Xeylode / Xeylode won

Quintessence - Luffy / Luffy won

0p:

Kirsche - Core / Core won

Angru Mainya - SlayerX / Angru Mainya won.

Waha Kitty - Emerald Yoshi / Knitty Won by default, Efox forfeitted.

Deadline will be Tuesday the 16th.

Round 3:

2p:

mmKALLL - Xeylode / Xeylode Won

Luffy - Shadowofkitty / Luffy Won

1p:

Chaoskitty - Quintessence / Chaoskitty won

Angru Mainya - Core / Core won

0p:

Kirsche - Emerald Yoshi

Knitty - SlayerX / Knitty won

Dealine will be set for Saturday, August 20.

Thanks to mmKALLL to organizing the 2nd and 3rd Rounds.

FINAL ROUND! FIGHT!:

3p epic hype match:

Xeylode - Luffy / Xeylode won

2p:

mmKALLL - Waha Kitty /mmKALLL won

Chaoskitty - Core / Chaoskitty won

1p:

ShadowofKitty - Kirsche / ShadowofKitty won

Quintessence - Angru Mainya

0p:

SlayerX - Emerald Yoshi

This tournament was only four rounds, but I believe that with this, there will be relatively few ties overall. I have my own scoring system for Swiss (which revolves around your score and the score of the opponents you won/loss to, and the other possible opponents you may have faced and their relative scores with how likely you could have been to fight them), and it does produce fair results while reducing the number of ties.If someone has problems with the final standings, they are free to look at the scores however they want and/or complain, but it's my analysis and calculation, compared with the data of this tournament - and I believe it's a fair method to judge with.

Deadline is Sunday, August 28.

Standings

Xeylode 4 Points

Luffy 3 Points

Chaoskitty 3 Points

mmKALLL 3 Points

Core 2 Points

ShadowofKitty 2 Points

Waha Knife 2 Points

Angru Mainya 1 Point

Quintessence 1 Point

Kirsche 0 Points

SlayerX 0 Points

Royal Ludroth 0 Points

Edited by SlayerX

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me in. Just let me get my FC...

Although I disagree with something. I think it should be one-on-one, and allowing only Final Smashes.

...And I can't find my FC here. Would you wait 'til tomorrow, please? ;A; I can't turn on my Wii at the moment...! But I SWEAR I'M IN.

Edited by Angru Mainya

Oh yes, I love challenges, let's do this of course. My code, umm...*where do I find the freak'n code...!...*

FC: 1805-3733-1145

I'll quote something Sylvanas Windrunner says in W3: TFT when you command her to attack..."Let the arrows fly!"

I suppose you know what I'm talking about. :awesome:

Nickname me Omega please

Edited by Quintessence

Sign me in. Just let me get my FC...

Although I disagree with something. I think it should be one-on-one, and allowing only Final Smashes.

Thats what i meant... And Idk about final smashes, let the people decide.

Now things are getting problematic as I'm sure we have different definitions of a "neutral" stage when you're citing FD as one (the term you're looking for is "static").

Something like Castle Siege would be a neutral stage as far as I'm concerned.

Now things are getting problematic as I'm sure we have different definitions of a "neutral" stage when you're citing FD as one (the term you're looking for is "static").

Something like Castle Siege would be a neutral stage as far as I'm concerned.

There is a site that lists these, but I do not remember it. We could just handle it on a match by match basis, p1 picks 1st stage, p2 picks 2nd, etc. I wouldn't call castle siege neutral, but I would call Frigate Orpheon neutral, and that isn't static.

CS is neutral in the way that there is pretty much no character that's super strong on all the transformations.

Something like

Battle Field

Castle Siege

Lyat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2

Smashville

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

would be a decent list if we want to use only a few stages.

Also, are we playing a KO system or is everyone going to play everyone else, winners get a point and whoever has the most points at the end wins?

lol I'll play. But when do you intend to start?

Friend Code

0432 0972 0761

"Final destination, 1v1, no items, best 3 out 5. How does that sound?"

This sounds good. Although, I think you should at least set the requirement for how the matches will be played out :P

You can choose between time, stock or coin. Most everyone will agree that time or coin is a bad idea.

So stock is best. Too many stocks is too long to play and too few is bad. 3-4 stocks is probably pretty reasonable with people. Most people I have played do not really like to play with timer in stocks (probably better that way :P).

Everyone likes final destination or hates it. Why not go with Smashville. That is honestly the stage with the fewest complaints among people. It's a nice mix between final destination and other stages. So...

1v1

Best of 5 matches.

3-4 Stocks, No Timer, No Items. Everything else neutral setting.

All matches played on Smashville.

^That's just my compromise suggestion for people since I expect there to be some sort of argument eventually.

Edited by Nyx

1v1

Best of 5 matches.

All matches played on Smashville.

^That's just my compromise suggestion for people since I expect there to be some sort of argument eventually.

No timer would mean someone could camp their ass off for half an hour until the other guy rage quits (not sure whether anyone here would do that, but it's a possibility).

I suck at organizing this tournament thing *Murmurs to himself*...

Jhen alias "Slayer X", is it 1vs.1 or FFA? And if it's 1vs.1, how's the distribution of rounds?

Its 1 vs 1. The distribution rounds will be organized shorlty after sign ups close

CS is neutral in the way that there is pretty much no character that's super strong on all the transformations.

Something like

Battle Field

Castle Siege

Lyat Cruise

Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2

Smashville

Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

would be a decent list if we want to use only a few stages.

Also, are we playing a KO system or is everyone going to play everyone else, winners get a point and whoever has the most points at the end wins?

Alright, how about we use these stages, and if the players want to play on some other stage they can as long as both players are in agreeance.

1v1

Best of 5 matches.

This sounds good.

Alright, how about we use these stages, and if the players want to play on some other stage they can as long as both players are in agreeance.

Of course. I didn't include quite a few stages (like Frigate) that work fine normally because I'm not sure about how lag will affect the whole thing.

Also, you didn't answer when this starts/how many players there will be and what mode we're using.

Of course. I didn't include quite a few stages (like Frigate) that work fine normally because I'm not sure about how lag will affect the whole thing.

Also, you didn't answer when this starts/how many players there will be and what mode we're using.

16 players at most. Hopefully we can get that, if not, we'll just get whatever we have on Tuesday. Reasons are on the OP.

I think PK Stadiums and Lylat Cruise suck because they move and can work against you. :(: Why not just go ahead and at the boat while you're at it.

PS1 and PS2 don't move... LC does, but the movement can be predicted by watching the backgroud and even without predicting, it's incredibly rare that you get screwed over by it if you're paying attention. If this was offline, I would have included RC, there's nothing wrong with it (besides MK being stupidly good there), but again, lag.

Add me in. 2451-5603-6179

As for stages, both PS1 and 2 are fair IMO, Lylat is quite neutral as well. Personally, I'd say Smashville only, since it doesn't lag quite as much as some and it's probably the fairest stage to rule them all. But meh, I'm fine with pretty much whatever.

Final Destination

Smashville

Pokemon Stadium 1

Pokemon Stadium 2

Castle Siege

so far i have decided upon these stages.

How about Corneria?

Delfino Plaza?

Skyworld?

Frigate Orpheon?

I'm in if this is after August 11th (all I read was that *sign-ups* close August 9th) as I won't have Brawl access/energy until then. I still remember my FC somehow. >__>

Name: Luffy

FC: 0473-7705-4433

FD, Battlefield, smashville, Yoshi's island, etc.

This, if you're going to be limiting make it one of these stages. Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 are sooooooo dumb for competitive play. For joke play, sure, they're great.

EDIT: Just saw this.

How about Corneria?

Delfino Plaza?

Skyworld?

Frigate Orpheon?

Corneria is broken, shooting things and the infinite wall grab on the right-side.

Delfino Plaza changes too much and doesn't have enough flat surfaces, you focus more on staying on the stage than fighting.

Skyworld has too much teching ability because of the breakable floors IIRC, otherwise it's okay, don't remember this stage too well.

Frigate Orpheon is the stage that flips, right? I think that's luck-based, you can get screwed depending on where you happen to be.

So it really depends on whether you want this to be competitive or if you want it to just be for random fun. :\

Edited by Luffy