So... Need a little help on Paralogue 10

Yeah, I honestly should've done a bit of research before jumping into this paralogue. Then I would've known that you don't recruit Severa right away when you have Cordelia talk to her. >.>

So, what I'm asking is how do you friggin do this without Severa getting killed? She went down in like two minutes flat. And now I have to sacrifice a +2 HP level up for Frederick because I obviously won't get Severa if I let her stay dead. ;_;

I don't have any Rescue staves. I haven't seen them in shops either.

What the hell is a Kaioken? o.O

EDIT: Wait, actually, I do have a couple of Rescues. I never noticed for some reason. Better hand one to Lissa.

Edited by Anacybele

Rescue staves and kill most of the enemies (all of the ones on the right side) before letting her talk to Holland, and be sure to kill the boss the turn after she talks to Hollad as I believe reinforcements appear there the first enemy turn after she talks to him,

I believe you can buy rescue staves after chapter 12 and trust me you will need more than one.

Edited by Zelos

I actually do have Rescue staves, I edited my post. I never noticed that I had any. xP

And I see. I had a good strategy going here besides the Severa problem though. But ugh, Virion and his shit defenses. I'm glad he dodges when he needs to.

If you have a durable unit or two, charge them up the left side while rescueinfbSevera back to the start.

(Or do what I did, charge a Paladin!Falco straight through and use Let everything attack you on Enemy phase.)

It's mostly swords and axes anyway, with a few random bow users. Sword users will have an easy time storming.

Elieson: Yeah, I was storming with Frederick, his wifey my Avatar, Morgan, Chrom, Olivia, all my sword guys. Oh, and Stahl paired with Cordelia as well since they're hitched and Stahl can use swords. Freddy Bear is the most durable AND most powerful unit I have right now, so I'll keep him and Kelli (Avatar) at the front. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Fred could solo this chapter if Kelli sticks with him (so those Sages don't cause much trouble). But I'm not going to take the risk.

Oh, I'm playing on Normal mode, btw. I forgot to mention.

Edited by Anacybele

I sent a couple units into her section where she has to talk to Holland, including Cordelia and her husband (in my playthrough, it was Avatar). They took out everything in the way that posed a threat to Severa while she casually advanced along and talked to Holland at the end. Then as soon as that happened, I already had a few units camping out close to the boss, and they took him out no sweat.

It's all about divide and conquer, Anacybele. Just try that, and you'll be fine.

Shadowofchaos: Ah, I see. My Avatar and Morgan have that, so no worries there.

Karaszure: Yeah, I divide my units up when I know I need to. I just should've thrown in Lissa with a Rescue staff. Can't believe I didn't put her out there the first time even without one. And I had Donnel there too, who's her hubby! Gods, I'm an idiot.

If you mean Ignis, then of course. Also, turns out I didn't actually have to use a Rescue staff after all. Managed to do the chapter just fine without it.

Yeah, I just had everyone pair up with a 8 movement character and stormed the right side, then focused on the left. Wasn't too hard, even on a hard mode runthrough.

My problem with this chapter usually is, that Severa sticks too close to the walls with enemy tricksters on the other side and gets Levin Sworded.

I never thought about the rescue staffs...

Usually I just stick to the walls, then she tends to avoid them.

Rescue staves. That or make sure you're in front of her and setting the pace instead of her.

Bolded was always my strategy on Normal mode.

It's pretty easy because I also usually had mounted units go in that path. Though there is the chance of Severa sticking to the walls and getting ranged hits, but I guess mine never got to... I also killed the enemies quick enough. But then again, you already beat the chapter now... but yeah. I haven't tried the map on Hard yet though.... I haven't grinded Cordelia to Galeforce yet so there's no point right now...

if any maps could give me trouble, I'd have to say Inigo and/or Brady. .....On Hard. For normal, it's actually Yarne's because I chose to fight both teams.

I just had Cordelia and her hubby Vaike clear the path for her; and rather than rescue staves, I just used physic staves to heal her if she got sniped over the walls. To be honest, I almost never use rescue staves because I frankly either forget that I have them or I think that there is only one like in previous games and conserve them for no reason...

if any maps could give me trouble, I'd have to say Inigo and/or Brady. .....On Hard. For normal, it's actually Yarne's because I chose to fight both teams.

Same here, particularly Inigo's. Too many ranged fighters.

I just had Cordelia and her hubby Vaike clear the path for her; and rather than rescue staves, I just used physic staves to heal her if she got sniped over the walls. To be honest, I almost never use rescue staves because I frankly either forget that I have them or I think that there is only one like in previous games and conserve them for no reason...

Seriously, lol. I still haven't really used it in Hard either... unless I'm trying to get quick experience for the healers. xD Though there is the Emmeryn map where I DID use Rescue... just to get Emm closer to us. And then I sorta did it a few times just to abuse the experience.

Same here, particularly Inigo's. Too many ranged fighters.

And the stupid narrow map in the center for Inigo's.

I was actually somehow having trouble with Brady's too. Doesn't help that I didn't really use Libra or Maribelle... Ugh, she sucked as a fighter...

but that's kinda not ... really for this thread anyway. xP

Edited by Cordelia

Inigo's paralogue is hard even on normal mode? Oh boy. I can do his right now since I married Olivia to Chrom, but I'm waiting until I grind Olivia enough to where she has a good skill to pass to him (gonna be Astra). Don't have to worry about Chrom obviously, since he automatically passes Rightful King to him. Glad I'll have a more powerful team by the time I'm ready to go collect Inigo.

I guess since I already completed Severa's paralogue, this thread can be used to talk about the paralogues in general.

And the stupid narrow map in the center for Inigo's.

I was actually somehow having trouble with Brady's too. Doesn't help that I didn't really use Libra or Maribelle... Ugh, she sucked as a fighter...

but that's kinda not ... really for this thread anyway. xP

That just makes things even worse. And the Assassins with their super high speed which makes them hard to double. The kicker? Forges, forges everywhere on harder difficulties.

Can't really say on Brady's map since by the time I did it on my normal mode run, I just totally steamrolled the enemies' Life Points.

On Yarne's paralogue, I decided to fight both teams as well.

Edited by Levant Fortner

Inigo's paralogue is hard even on normal mode? Oh boy. I can do his right now since I married Olivia to Chrom, but I'm waiting until I grind Olivia enough to where she has a good skill to pass to him (gonna be Astra). Don't have to worry about Chrom obviously, since he automatically passes Rightful King to him. Glad I'll have a more powerful team by the time I'm ready to go collect Inigo.

I guess since I already completed Severa's paralogue, this thread can be used to talk about the paralogues in general.

hmm?

no, it's not really that bad (come on though clearly Galeforce is the best skill to pass)

hmm?

no, it's not really that bad (come on though clearly Galeforce is the best skill to pass)

I had a feeling someone was going to tell me to pass Galeforce. Personally, I find it overrated. Do you really NEED such a skill half the time? Frankly, I think I'd be getting use out of Astra way more. Plus, I want Olivia's final class to be Swordmaster. Though, I could also make her go Assassin and have her pass Lethality, which rocks. Didn't think of that until just now.

Edited by Anacybele