MasterMcDanil plays MIDNIGHT SUN

MasterMcdanil

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the hiatus guys. For some reason, both my laptop, my home computer and my dad's computer are not "good enough" (?) I guess, to post pictures into SF threads. I can pull up the menu just fine, but I'm not able to add in the pictures, or exit the image window. Likewise, I can't copy and paste pictures in. :/ With that being said, I have to either find a more powerful computer to sneak onto for about an hour or two (not likely), or wait until I go back to college to post an update.

I AM FINISHING THIS. I LOVE THIS HACK IM SORRY IM NOT DOING IT JUSTICE RIGHT NOW

Alright, sorry for any wait, catch ya on the flipside. :D

MERRY HOLIDAYMASKAH

I'm pretty sure that's just SF screwing up right now. It probably has nothing to do with your computer, as I'm having the same problem too.

HALLELUJAH

I'm so dumb. Extremekiwi = best guy. New update tonight.

<3

Yeah, as someone who unashamededly uses IE mainly, I switch to Mozilla for a few websites that don't work on it, Serenes Forest being one of those.

Well, well. It's been a long time (not that too many people read this anyway), but IM BACK

Computer troubles = fixed

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

With that said... we are rapidly reaching the end of this wonderful hack... let's go out with a BANG!

Anyways....

WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEGEEKS TOOOOOOOOOO

Midnight Sun Chapter 6 - I screwed up a lot and had to redo a lot Hordes of dudes

0XiF1zE.png

AH YES. It's the boss. And purple. Lots of purple.

(also, forgive me if I miss an image or don't remember something right, it's been a while)

Giant Purple People Eater: There are about ten of them apparently, no more.

Nozat: Ten? Why has such a big squad been sent to deal with ten monkeys?

yPiCT6A.png

Just you wait... the amount of animal imagery is ReDONKEYlous.

Nozat: I highly doubt that just ten people have killed and burnt those knights.

GPPE: My thoughts exactly, Chief.

yPBdNNr.png

Would you say that you.... "squeaked" through military training?

AHAHAHAHA...ahaha.....ah...

VkS26um.png

Ironic irony is totally ironice.

Hey Alfred, this is another minor nitpick I got, but this scene feels reeeeeaaalllllyyyy long. And just a tad redundant with other events that happened before, and that will happen later.

Just a thought. (Don't kill me. :'( )

Nozat: Even the worst criminals will think twice before defying out laws. And our army overwhelms any criminal before they can become an actual threat.

GPPE: Yeah, that’s why this job is so boring. A total waste of time. I’m pretty sure the newbies in the front lines will suffice this time.

Nozat: That’s quite obvious. Tch, those kids will be full of themselves once this is over. As if that brat wasn’t enough…

GPPE: “That brat”, Chief?

Nozat: Yeah, that girl over there.

YdRbvYF.png

He's talking about the trainee, by the way. She's totally weak compared to EVERYONE ELSE EVER

Nozat: Her personality is terrible, though. You can barely talk to her.

GPPE: That one? Whoa, she’s pretty. I think I’ve fallen in love.

Nozat: If I were you, I’d stay away from her. She’s terrible.

GPPE: What? That midget? Hah, you must be kidding, Chief.

Nozat: Go see for yourself, if you don’t believe me. And come back right away. You don’t want to be involved in the fight, do you?

GPPE: Roger, sir!

He walks over. (Just saying)

GPPE: Umh… Excuse me?

fuoTIAG.png

Just gonna throw it out there... but Sae'rah is probably like... 14? And this guy is REALLY OLD. Like 25. XP

Romeo and Juliet-ing it up, are we? heheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Sae’rah: Enough. I don’t talk with adults. Especially with adults like you. You’re the worst kind.

GPPE: Uh? What are you talking about, I was just…

Sae’rah: Farewell.

GPPE: Whoa. That was cold. … She’s definitely my type.

Switch to Fa, BTW. (I'm at image limit, but I don't want to break this into a two-parter soooooo.... yup)

Fa: These soldiers seem so carefree, even though they're about to fight. Are they… “ innocent”, like Rya said?

eNjwcgw.png

Uh-oh Fa... that's a dangerous road to follow.... be careful.

Fa: When my shades pierce their hearts, all people look the same. They all have that fear and pain in their eyes while life abandons them. So it doesn’t matter if they Hoikadians, bandits or even Lazuleans. As long as they stand in my way, I’ll consider them my enemies. I won’t allow any feelings to stop me from my duty any more.

Qo7YMGg.png

Fa: So in order to save the world… … I won’t hesitate to kill.

.... Whoa. Fa has... gotten a lot more cynical. It's a really great character choice... gives her that added depth she needs. It's like the Demon King is slowly overcoming her...

Anyways... TIME TO GO.

I do some meaningless fighting and such, and Menmus does all he's here for now: Collecting items.

OAQU5Vy.png

First up: The top right house!

Menmus: But that bottle abandoned on the shelf could come in handy.

We get a tonic. Woopdefrickingdoo.

7si50pf.png

My memory gets a bit foggy around here, but Cristoph kills some guys and just KEEPS ON TRUCKING.

Did I mention I hate Axe Users? And yet... Cristoph is doing pretty good for himself!

y7lVGtB.png

This may be in the wrong place, but Cristoph gets hmself a Hammer... excuse me, a BONECRUSHER. So much cooler in every way. With all those knights along the bottom... this'll get a lot of use.

XP4RF4G.png

AH THEY CAN USE BOWS I FORGOT

b1vlKh4.png

Cool guys don't look at wimpy magic users.

TiLn38d.png

RYA! Atta girl! Now.. get some strength! Please. I beg you.

ql0Qx0h.png

Did I ever show this off? Fa just WRECKS a Knight. That's a grand total of..... 117 damage.

BAMF

A5zw7JD.png

Why look! It's Captain Weiss! And Panacea! (clever, btw)

It's a shame he's useless, since our lord and savior is Lv. 20.

*tears rolling down cheeks*

Ceapana: How could they get themselves caught at a time like this? How inconsiderate!

Captain Weiss: Whatever. We must rush to their aid.

TJOMYxF.png

Captain Weiss... you truly are the greatest man alive. What a generous soul!

Ceapana: Please explain to me who you could help if you got killed before you reach them!

8tEvalx.png

hm?

sJh7OXr.png

Umm... it doesn't matter? WEISS IS A GOD AMONG MEN. STRIKE HIM DOWN, AND NOTHING WILL HAPPEN. BECAUSE HE IS UNSTRIKEDOWNABLE

Captain Weiss: ……. You’re right, Ceapana! That’s why I didn’t even sleep last night, I had to train harder! I really feel invincible now, so I’ll be alright. Come on, let’s hurry!

Ceapana: … Did he even listen to me? I wonder how he can always be so full of energy when he treats himself like that.

Well, they're over on the far right. Pretty much, Weiss and Ceapana won't do anything, until the main force reaches the lower area.

zCdwcfq.png

....dicks.

RUdmXQ6.png

Meanwhile, Andre visits the top left village. It's important to note, to recruit Sae'rah, you MUST have Djambo or Andre visit this village, and then that character must talk to Sae'rah. You'll see why in a minute.

Andre: Uh… Yes, ma’am?

Mommy Mom: Listen, you have to help me. I have a daughter your age…

9uKBqEM.png

Puledra has taught you well...

Momsteroni: No, No! That’s not it. Listen to me. My daughter’s name is Sae’rah. She’s a soldier assigned to this area.

Andre: A soldier?

Mommiteebobbitee: Yes. She’s only a trainee, but quite skilled. However, she shouldn’t fight. Fact is, she’s searching for her dad, my husband, who’s been missing for a while. Since he’s a mercenary, she had hopes he could be within Lazulis’ ranks, but apparently, the rumors were fake. He’s probably in Tartaros now.

Andre: Oh, I see…

The Artist formerly known as Mom: That’s why I have to ask you a favor. You know, Sae’rah doesn’t like adults. But if a kind boy like you told her this fight has nothing to do with her, I… … I believe she’d trust you. Please… … would you do this for us?

Andre: … All right ma’am, leave it to me.

Mom: Oh, thank you, thank you!! May the gods bless you!

Andre: … Argh.

X9F1KzI.pngvJiepGo.pngch6eBvV.pngDbWkQDA.png

People do stuff... we see the Napalm Shot shown off, over here. Like her other bow, this DOES target Resistance. Very useful, in certain situations.

n1qkUeX.png

Djambo. I love the Skill, but... this is not good enough, my boy.

7FOP2nn.pngncGsiRu.pngSJ9YpFQ.png

In order: More Levels, More Bullshit, More Schwarz being cool

v7AocMN.png

Important to note, there is a guy with a physic. Will make life difficult... sometimes.

TcuWoGy.png

Menmus visits the top right village... for one of the greatest villages of ALL TIME

Crazy Batshit Woman: Ho ho ho ho!

Menmus: Hm?

Crazy Batshit Woman: You’re one of the bandits, right? I’m an admirer of ya evil folks, hoho!

mNSAvro.png

What... wha... I have... no idea...

8A2JNhC.png

She's goddamn Santa Claus!

Menmus: … What the hell?

2UQCtMi.pngKwnrhkv.png

Well... Santa can be misspelled to Satan.... and the DEVIL blade....

That's all I got. XD

Anyways, it's a good weapon, I suppose. I dunno. I'll probably never use it, cause I have better weapons and better units.

IoO7lHb.png30hXNBV.png

Yeah! I guess? Strength is always good...

7EWJni0.png

Cristoph takes no prisoners.

Njot92U.png

Uh-oh... this is bad. This is really bad...

Saai: That’s perfect. You’ll go there and ask for food and other supplies. We were lucky to find this Lazulean armour. They won’t question us this way.

Purple dude: Roger, sir.

Grey dude: W-Wait! It seems those Lazuleans are fighting against someone.

Saai: !? …

Purple dude: oh gods…

Saai: … The Vassal.

Grey Dude: Y-your orders, Commander.

Saai: We shall proceed with the plan.

eDnMBmO.png

Saai: If Lazulis knew we’d crossed its lands without a permit, it’d be the end.

Purple Dude: At your command.

Alright, so I didn't take a pic, but a bunch of green soldiers, mostly cavaliers, show up in the north, along with Saai. However, he doesn't move for a while. I'll come back to him later.

E0d6BnA.pngZ5GKQLp.pngCg1u7sW.pngMGAbUgc.pngjEW1VoO.png

The team continues to dodge EVERYTHING. Thank you, oh great RNG gods. :D

KsveYZl.png

Also... Cristoph. He's gonna max Strength, and bring his skill up to REALLY high levels for a fighter. Keep on trucking (maybe some defense? please?)

V27XL8r.png

Waahhhttt.... I left you behind! You're not on the battlefield! ALFRED, YOU CAN'T CONTROL ME HELLIOS WILL NEVER SET FOOT IN A BATTLE AGAIN

Fa: Hyaaa! Haaah… Pant… What is it, Hellios? Can’t you see I’m surrounded by armoured knights!?

Hellios: To the east!

Fa: What? ……. Hoikade. But… …. It seems they’re helping us.

Hellios: It might be a trap, Faratrass. Don’t be fooled.

OfEynQL.png2ffiKXc.png

hmmmmm... let's just hope they don't realize Weiss is the guy who killed all of their troops....

oops

Hellios: Ok. I’ll tell the others.

dAGZt9R.png

Imagine better, you purple haired... uh... loser!

... man, gotta work on my trash talking.

Nozat: To all remaining troops! Charge!

Sae’rah: Should I go too?

Nozat: Yes brat, you too! Do you think the King’d be glad to hear that you fled like a coward!? Go and fight! If there is a time you can prove your worth, it’s now!

Sae’rah: Understood. … My worth, uh?

mFxnEGH.png

Sae’rah: This is Lazulis after all… …. Right, father?

Just in case you didn't already know she was recruitable.

Whew... prepare for level up dump!

yE5Abvd.png

..... sigh. Okay, for REAL this time!

6O1p8PE.png

sigh.....

gzRnKNK.pngdVilbQp.pngzoDAd43.png

These guys do alright.

(oh yeah, random thing. You know the other house up top? There's nothing there. Literally.)

Qmi7BPT.png

Menmus, where are you going? That waterfall is just--

qS6NZ57.png

Oh.

enADYbK.png

Oh no. What a shame.

NATGvrV.png

Whoa. Stay away from Saai, everybody! He could WRECK YOU UP

PXMINxi.png

I'm winning? Obviously?

Nozat: Can it be that we can’t stop those filthy dogs!? And who the heck are those knights to the east!?

GPPE: C-Chief, this isn’t good! At this rate, they’ll reach us! I don’t want to die, gulp…!

Nozat: We WON’T die, you fool! They just hired some mercenaries to help them. No need to panic.

GPPE: Should we send someone to inform the capital?

j9Fzj0h.png

Man, that guy is "Bananas"!

ahahah..ah....

Nozat: Have you gone insane? The King would execute us for our incompetence! Grr, we have to calm down and focus. There’s no way that some criminals can defeat us! We’re Lazulis, we’re justice!

We're dead!

LyZHrnZ.png

Alright Andre, do your schtick!

aHvb6Hd.png

Shoot. This isn't working!

Sae’rah: I can do this… I just need to breathe deeply… Hyaaah!

Andre: W-whoa!

ROx85ty.png

"deadly lass?" Come now Andre, you can do better than that.

Sae’rah: How can you know my name?

Andre: Your kind mother told me.

Sae’rah: And you expect me to believe that?

egYTy8l.png

You sound like a serial killer, Andre. If it was me, you'd be dead already.

Sae’rah: Ah! … Please go away. You’re creepy.

BFAHNZz.png

I wonder.

Andre: I suppose you don’t trust me. Then, can you explain why we’re talking instead of killing each other?

Sae’rah: I… will do it. As a soldier, my duty is to ensure safety in these lands.

Andre: Is that true? Your mother told me you’re only in this army ‘cause of your dad.

Sae’rah: My… father? Then it was true… you talked with mother. No one else knows.

Andre: See, cute one? You can trust this handsome little blondie! Your dad should be in Tartaros now. You have no reason to be here.

Sae’rah: Is that so… Umh. What’s your name?

Andre: Falling for me already? You may call me Andre.

Sae’rah: Andre… listen, I can’t leave the army without being considered a traitor. Lazulis will punish anybody who defies its laws. I will need protection. That’s why I… I have to ask you if I can join your group.

Andre: That’s perfect—wait, what?

Sae’rah: I will be considered a criminal as well, won’t I? Then it should be fine for someone like me to travel with you. Moreover, I… want to find my father. At any cost.

lJkRYw0.png

Wow. Dear lord, Andre. You pick up chicks like one of those grabby games in Arcade picks up

Sae’rah: R-Really?

Andre: Yes. I’ll tell the others later. As for now, stay close to me.

Sae’rah: Okay, Andre. … Thanks.

Yayyyyyy

First contribution....

mhqllGS.png

WOOOO Critical hit on the first hit! Yayyyyy

CB8dp5o.pngOh0NZNG.pngCnKn9pB.pngtb4hTmU.pngEm9xtvf.png

MORE LEVEL UPS WOOOOOOOO

pQoUEYE.png

Wait... Menmus... where the hell are you go---

wlqbNAA.png

Oh.

oMRjp1S.png

Also, STOP THAT KILL STEALING

roVJ093.png3tJZ6yf.pngLRgEt7y.png

Uh... okay? Well then. That Zanbato is vicious... WEISS COULD TAKE IT

A5SwL0A.png

.... Not quite as useful, Sae'rah. :/

OgyXCsn.png

There you go, baby. Basically... she does chip damage until level 10. XD

HFYFTR7.png

Here's Djambo, and Sae'rah, plus Weiss for support. Yup. Grinding time!

ak3DdS5.png

HAH. BITCH

GkQW2Wt.png

vquMNxA.png

Pretty solid, plus his gains are good. That Res though... ugh.

ihEgWIq.png0AVSikn.png

Alright... not really ideal, but whatever, I suppose.

Oh yeah, Schwarz visits the two house on the left. Forgot. oops.

TOTjiEB.png

Woman (I’m tired): … And there I saw it! An astonishing gem, dragged by the current. But before I could catch it, it fell down the waterfall… Sigh.

Oops. So that's how we know about the waterfall....

1dKLoD2.png

He says stuff about a mountain... you get the drift.

Man: I would go grab it myself, but I broke my leg the other day.

Screwed it up again, I suppose. :/

gqNDeMg.pngRxCGycb.pngXet0DaJ.png

And... he falls to a team effort! (Schwarz gets 99 exp. CURSE YOOOUUUU)

crN9utP.png

Whatever. Just die already, will ya?

That's that, I suppose.

NEXT TIME - AWKWARD ALLIANCES AND TITLE-NAME-DROPS

This map was actually pretty awful for me... I dunno why, but my saves kept corrupting, people kept dying, etc. It was horrendous.

That said, I actually like the map and the design of the level. although I feel like the green units are really unnecessary. I see why they exist, but on my two runs of this chapter, I never needed them. If anything, they just steal really valuable experience! I was kind of lucky to see Sae'Rah and Djambo reach level 10.. it was close to be sure.

Anyways, I'm not doing a poll, as I've already made the decisions... (sorry guys), but which do you like better for Djambo and Sae'rah?

Djambo

Pirate:

HP + 3

Str + 2

Skill + 1

Spd + 1

Def + 2

Cont + 2

Savage Rebel:

HP + 4

Skill + 1

Spd + 2

Def + 1

Res +1

Sae'rah

Soldier

HP + 4

Str + 2

Skill + 1

Def +2

Recruit (I think it'll be named differently later)

HP + 2

Str + 1

Skill + 1

Spd + 2

Def + 1

Res +2

Oh, and Alfred? You're totally right about the animations! It's not worth it to change them, I was just mentioning a little pet peeve of mine. XD I do love how Shiori and Fa have perfect matches, it just makes them that much cooler.

Anyways, see you guys next time, which should be a lot sooner.

EVERYONE STAYS IN THE TRAINEE-SORTA CLASS~!

(no, really, Djambo can function just fine as a Savage Rebel, and I think Sae'rah will do fine as Trainee Mk. 2, too)