Dot.hack//The World:R1 Mafia(Game thread)

Shinori

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow that email tho

also I wasn't sure how to word it Via but you felt really noncommittal to that and when Blitz pressed you about it it felt like you were panicking and tried to brush it off a bit too easily? though I'm feeling only marginally worse about you than Blitz because he was still way too defensive about that switch

it's because people never usually ask me about my ed1 reads

i think someone is vibey and i vote them. yeah i thought his voteswitch was weird and "sk is more important" just pinged me

but that's... all i really have.......

you're confusing me though because the way you worded your post makes it sound like you think blitz and i are buddies lol

Clearly the people sending you emails are the mafia trying to waste their emails and maybe look like they're contributing.

...I was joking but I think its something to consider.

no I'm not really reading it as scum/scum interaction but I'm scumreading both of you for varying reasons in that exchange

what I'm saying is all I have to go on ED1 are gutreads so there's really not much more to them than that

"your votechange gave me vibes the others did not" is literally all i have lol

and here I was thinking you could help get the game rolling :(

@SB, Refa's first 2 posts, made me laugh a whole lot and I cannot see them as anything other than jokes. His second post actually makes a lot of sense, but can come from either alignment and as for his last one, I can see it contributing, so, overall, I feel kinda good about him.

It's just like, one of those gut feelings, you know?

Yeah, it's not serious, dude.

if your gut feeling is a cop I'l trust it.

Hey guys I managed to get back into my account, cheers.

I'm okay with that response. I don't actually have a read on Refa and just picked him because he had stuff that wasn't total RVS so I could try and get a better read on Blitz. After actually hearing some of his thoughts I'm sorta townreading him because it doesn't feel faked.

##Unvote

##Vote: Marth

Why do you immediately assume that the email guy is scum trying to get towncred? Even as a joke it looks weird how you're kind of dangling it there to see if anyone takes the bait.

Poly and Via are probably town.

And no, I'm not going to vote anyone right now. I don't see a point in doing so, as there is no content at all to pursue.

My current read is that you guys are reading too much into other people, like a literature teacher trying to find a meaning to a surrealist work. Don't see how Blitz being defensive amounts to him being scummy.

Other than that, I find strange how Marth says he's kidding, then adds "hey, maybe we should think about this". If you consider pondering about it, then you aren't kidding about it.

And no, I'm not going to vote anyone right now. I don't see a point in doing so, as there is no content at all to pursue.

##Vote: Marth

forgot to vote

??????????

the rapierening

Also, Blitz, what exactly about Via gutreading you prompted that exchange anyway?

Not seeing the scum intent about Marth's email point, though I don't exactly agree with the logic behind it (scum can feign content and still lurk anyway, LOC or no).

Thanks bro, I feel good about myself too.

You're confusing me, Blackhawk Stinger dude. From my point of view, Blitz (...erm, I meant Bizz, this could get confusing fast) is playing exactly like they did in uh...every game they've played that I've been in, anyways (well, maybe not SF3). What's different here (you were in those games too, so it's not like you don't know better)?

forgot to vote

What.

Oh cool I got an email from someone too and I'm just like ???

@SB: I feel like its more likely that scum might think of wasting an email so that if there could be any email planning they can just go like "Oops I used up my email today"

Ofc the one who sent me an email doesn't seem like scum so :S

Man, I don't see how Marth's one liner is telling at all. Is that something that he'd only say as scum? If so, why? It's pretty funny that I don't agree with anyone's cases so far. Please understand, dude, mafia sucks.

@Mods, the ISOs don't work, they need to be for this topic, not the sign ups one;

Also, Blitz, what exactly about Via gutreading you prompted that exchange anyway?

wishing for an exchange

yeah, Rapier, please explain

I don't get your email Bizz and shouldn't you be trying to save them for when they are necessary?

hey Marth, don't you consider not voting scummy? so, why aren't you voting anyone?

The exchange as a whole rubbed me the wrong way, and that meta is non-indicative of alignment. Plus, Via was applying the self-meta, so it looked worse in hindsight.

That said, I'm not feeling super bad about Via right now after taking this exchange as a whole (and looking more at Blitz's posts during it) as well an email I received, but I still feel worse about them over Blitz until Blitz responds to my question.

Rapier is... Rapier. That's a weird catch though, what's with the super quick 180 on not voting?

SB and Refa are reading town to me right now.

Day 1 Votals: The First

Bluedoom (3): Randa, SB., Rapier
WeaponsOfMassConstruction (3): General Ciraxis, Paperblade, Refa

Blitz (2): Eurykins, Quote
General Ciraxis (2): WeaponsOfMassConstruction, Blitz
SB. (2): Kirsche

Eurykins (1): Terrador
Quote (1): Blackhawk Stinger
TTPK_Tal (1): Hugh Of Ilia
Refa (1): Formina Sage

There are 60 hours left in Day 1. Day 1 ends when a hammer of 10 votes occurs on any given player, or for today only, when phase time ends and one player has majority.

We'll fix the ISO's in the OP when Shinori becomes available. For now, have these.

[spoiler=ISOs]

1. Paperblade
  2. Bluedoom (Marth)
  3. WeaponsOfMassConstruction
  4. SB.
  5. Blitz
  6. Kirsche
  7. TTPK_tal
  8. Quote/Levity/Viata/August
  9. Hugh of Ilia
  10. General Ciraxis
  11. Blackhawk Stinger (Polydeuces)
  12. Refa
  13. Crissaegrim (Rapier)
  14. Lord Gaius
  15. Terrador
  16. Randa
  17. Formina Sage (Proto)
  18. Green Poet
  19. Eurykins
Edited by Sara.

@Refa, I think it's scummy because it felt like something that was just put out there to look like contributing to me. Sometimes townies get crackpot theories but why do they out them and then say "this probably isn't right, but it might be..."?

ugh tbh I think it's just blitz isn't used to playing with me.

I actually don't like Rapier's Marth vote.

##Unvote
##Vote: Rapier

"not gonna vote lol just kidding" aside, it seems really easy. it might be because I haven't seen scum intent in what Marth's posted already though.

I don't think Poly is scum but it's worrisome he's like forgotten the way I play lol. I was explaining my self-meta to Blitz because he genuinely didn't seem to understand, I didn't explain it because it didn't come to mind I guess. rp'ing and playing mafia at the same time is hard.

also if you haven't guessed my role already, lol

and blitzcut

So you were just picking at Via's gutread for no real reason? That's arguably worse than being defensive imo, since you're just wasting time. Did you actually get anything from that exchange?

Your tone still came across as really defensive, too, so it's not like that point is completely dead in the water.

##Unvote

##Vote: Blitz

Gonna go with this unless someone explains why exactly Marth's crack about the emails is scummy and not just badly explained.

I only consider not voting scummy if you make posts where it looks like you're scumreading people but you're not acting on it. I kinda can't get anything outta thread at this stage of the game so I"m throwing out other things to consider.

like I wasn't trying to justify my vote with self-meta, I was trying to explain to Blitz that it's all my thought process really was by explaining what my ED1 thought process usually is since there's literally nothing else to go on aside from my gutvibes. if that makes sense. I understand why you read it the way you did but that wasn't my intention

"not gonna vote lol just kidding" aside, it seems really easy.

easy/quick/whatever, i can't think of a good word to describe it

FUCKING STOP THE CUTS

SB, I don't find that a particularly scummy thing (though that may be because I used to do it all the time as town when I was new to SFMafia). I mean, it is ED1, and we didn't have a whole ton of content to go off yet, so Marth probably just threw that out to get the ball rolling.

Via, I honestly don't remember your playstyle because I don't remember when the last time I actually played with you was (and that I actually decided to consistently /effort in).