I'm going to make a votal bot

Makaze

15 members have voted

1. 1. Interested?

• Yes, and I will use it
    • Yes, and I want my host(s) to use it
    • No

Beta 0.1.5 (Votals only)

Debug 0.1.5 (Load in quick reply instead of post)

Added features:

• Support for hidden Mayors.
Even if you do not have hidden Mayors, if upgrading mid-game, Save Changes to Players and Recount Votes to update game data or it will break the game. Edited by Makaze

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

would there be a way to easily export "save data" to share between hosts or s/t?

"I'm going to bed, if you want to pick up where I left off the data is <text dump in mod QT>"

e: alternatively, share a base role setup sorta thing, and have the bot be able to infer things like "last votals at" from context in-thread?

Edited by Euklyd

would there be a way to easily export "save data" to share between hosts or s/t?

"I'm going to bed, if you want to pick up where I left off the data is <text dump in mod QT>"

e: alternatively, share a base role setup sorta thing, and have the bot be able to infer things like "last votals at" from context in-thread?

Bold: Doable. I'll see about it.

Italic: Would be redundant since it has to read the thread up to that point to find the latest votal anyway.

Beta 0.1.6 (Votals only)

Added features:

• Support for importing and exporting game data. (Click Export Game and Import Game buttons under Settings.)
  • Debug Mode is available via a switch in Settings. The alternate Debug script is now obsolete. Click Save Changes to remember your settings after leaving the page.
  • Recount Votes no longer posts after counting.
Edited by Makaze

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Maka

If someone submits ##Votal while the bot is in Debug mode, the ##Votal gets loaded into the QuickReply but will never be posted. Can you set some sort of override on that so ##Votal requests actually appear when bot is left in Debug (##Votal and PhaseEnd votals override Debug) while all others don't

That would defeat the point of Debug Mode. If you want nothing but ##Votal to trigger then just disable the other features in Settings.

• 2 weeks later...

Change the mode name/button from "Debug" to "Preview" and it probably will be

Edited by Sara.

Mouseovers would probably be better then click-ables. I'd suggest that for those less-than-comfortable hosts that want to use it (or even players who just want to use it for their own purposes).

Mouseovers would probably be better then click-ables. I'd suggest that for those less-than-comfortable hosts that want to use it (or even players who just want to use it for their own purposes).

Definitely agree with this.

If there is a clickable, I'd just make a single "help" button, and somewhere in there say "hover your cursor over different <settings/buttons/whatevers> if you're unsure what they do."

actually a "help" button sounds good in general

Definitely agree with this.

If there is a clickable, I'd just make a single "help" button, and somewhere in there say "hover your cursor over different <settings/buttons/whatevers> if you're unsure what they do."

actually a "help" button sounds good in general

What do you mean by help button?

What do you mean by help button?

sort of like typing /help in IRC, but a button, I guess

or like, $ man votecounter in unix

e: instead of a bunch of specific "help" things, have a general "help" that can point you to specific things

less clutter

Edited by Euklyd