My opinion on Skrimir

ziro

Well, what better way to starts things off with my opinion on my favorite fire emblem character?

Skrimir is the heir to Gallia's throne and Caineighs' nephew. Now Skrimir's stats seem pretty low, but remember, when Laguz units transform, all their stats (besides Hp and Lck) double. So in reality, his one huge problem is Spd and Res and neither of them have very good growths. Once he's leveled up, he'll be a physical tank, but with only a few chapters to level up, it will be hard for Skrimir to reach his max potential. Plus, he doesn't have Formshift!

On the bright side, he starts out with very good Str, Hp, and Def. he also has great growths in Hp and Def. One thing Skrimir has that the other Laguz don't have, is Resolve. Now that makes things interesting. I you put Braveheart on him and give him the Laguz gem, you have one very powerful unit. I'll show you how it works. Braveheart gives Laguz the ability to halfshift at all times meaning instead of their stats doubling, they will only go up by half the original stat, which leaves Skrimir fairly slow with a not so great defense. Once he's taken enough damage, Resolve will kick in making his stats 100% higher. Then you can use the Laguz gem to make his stats 150% higher! On a basic Skrimir, this is 48 Str, 43 Spd, 40 Def, and an OK 18 Res! With his Hp and Hp growth, he's basically unstoppable!

I really hope by now that you've figured out that Skrimir is my favorite Fire Emblem character ever. If not, Skrimir is my favorite Fire Emblem character ever. Though he has his problems, he can potentially become stronger than both Caineighs and Giffca. Of course you could just do this for them too.

Recruitment: 10

Availibility: 2

Battle: 8

Support: 7

Looks: 8

Overall: 7

Though he has potential, Caineghs and Giffca have more.

Well, what better way to starts things off with my opinion on my favorite fire emblem character?

Kay.

Now Skrimir's stats seem pretty low, but remember, when Laguz units transform, all their stats (besides Hp and Lck) double.

Everyone that's played or even heard of FE9 and FE10 know this.

So in reality, his one huge problem is Spd and Res and neither of them have very good growths. Once he's leveled up, he'll be a physical tank, but with only a few chapters to level up, it will be hard for Skrimir to reach his max potential. Plus, he doesn't have Formshift!

You still have a Halfshift which no one wants, but you have more than enough Laguz Stones. If you're low-turning Part 3, then he should still have 2/3 uses on his Stone.

On the bright side, he starts out with very good Str, Hp, and Def. He also has great growths in Hp and Def.

Most people on SF really care about SPD and STR/MAG. If you have those two things, you're in the awesome club.

One thing Skrimir has that the other Laguz don't have, is Resolve.

There are a couple of other Resolve skills, IIRC. Most people are clamoring for one, and Skrimir may not get the opportunity for it.

Now that makes things interesting. If you put Braveheart on him and give him the Laguz gem, you have one very powerful unit.

CTRL+F could not find "Braveheart".

I'll show you how it works. Braveheart gives Laguz the ability to halfshift at all times meaning instead of their stats doubling, they will only go up by half the original stat, which leaves Skrimir fairly slow with a not so great defense.

At base with Wildheart, he'll have 66 HP, 28/29 STR, 21 SKL, 19/20 SPD, 24 LCK, 24 DEF, 13/14 RES.

In battle, it'll show 44/45 ATK, 161 Hit, 19/20 AS, 62/64 Avo, 10 Crit, 24 Ddg, with 66|26|13/14 for his defense.

That AS doubles NOTHING in his first chapter. He's facing Hit rates of 45/47 (40.95/44.65 true) to 100 (100 true). He's dealing hit rates of 83 (94.05 true) to 100 (100 true). He's taking 14-16 magical damage, 6-18 physical damage. He's dealing 17/18-31/32 damage to enemies. Straight. Due to his lulzy AS, he can't even double the Priests. He can't even ORKO them. He needs a +spd to double the ones that are carrying around a Purge tome.

Once he's taken enough damage, Resolve will kick in making his stats 100% higher.

Resolve adds on the other 50% that you're missing from a normal transformation/Formshift. His STR, SKL and SPD stats have now doubled. He now has 26 AS (enough to double most things), 27-41 damage (can now one-shot the healers and double the Armours for that pretty 27 damage), and who cares about hit and crit rates. Yes he is good when fully transformed.

Then you can use the Laguz gem to make his stats 150% higher!

I've...never heard of that being done. I don't think that a Halfshift and Laguz Gem would stack. Also, your Laguz Gem figure is wrong. It's a 200% increase. It's like a Laguz Stone, but shinier.

Most likely though, Skrimir will not get the Laguz Gem. Ever. Giffca and Reyson want it more. Plus, why would we use such an awesome item in a map where we can have amazing characters such as Nolan, Jill, Stefan, Naesala, and others? Skrimir is good yes, but he's not that good.

On a basic Skrimir, this is 48 Str, 43 Spd, 40 Def, and an OK 18 Res! With his Hp and Hp growth, he's basically unstoppable!

See above.

I really hope by now that you've figured out that Skrimir is my favorite Fire Emblem character ever. If not, Skrimir is my favorite Fire Emblem character ever. Though he has his problems, he can potentially become stronger than both Caineighs and Giffca. Of course you could just do this for them too.

roflmfao.jpg

Oh wait, you were being serious?

Let's put it this way. Caineghis can shift without the need of a stone. Ever. Giffca does, yes, but Giffca has a Laguz Gem (Reyson gets the other), and both of them have amazing bases. Caineghis can automatically double some of the most difficult enemies in the game, such as Seph, Dheginsea, as well as the spirits. Giffca can cap SPD, and can take a bit of a magical hit better than Cain. Cain can cap DEF and starts with a capped SKL. All 3 lions can cap at least two stats, barring the RNG is in your favour. Both of them are so much more useful, both offensively and defensively, that they are automatically given a spot in most HM Efficiency playthroughs. Also, Skrimir cannot double endgame enemies unless he gets a bit of RNG love.

Recruitment: 10

Availibility: 2

Battle: 8

Support: 7

Looks: 8

Overall: 7

Recruitment: Free recruitment, but this is null in tiering.

Availability: 2 is about right.

Battle: He needs the resources. 6

Support: He's very handy, and his gauge drops slowly, but that Laguz Stone won't last forever. 7.

Looks: First off, I'm a male. Second...OMG SQEEE TAKE OFF THE SHIRT! X3. 9

Overall: (not including looks and recruitment), about a 6.

Skrimir is the bottom of the lion food chain. Cain and Giffca are so much better, Skrimir's only useful for the two chapters and for providing a Provoke and Resolve.

Everyone that's played or even heard of FE9 and FE10 know this.

But laguz stats in FE9 don't double. :(

Resolve adds on the other 50% that you're missing from a normal transformation/Formshift. His STR, SKL and SPD stats have now doubled. He now has 26 AS (enough to double most things), 27-41 damage (can now one-shot the healers and double the Armours for that pretty 27 damage), and who cares about hit and crit rates. Yes he is good when fully transformed.

But Resolve doesn't give an Str boost in FE10. :(

Edited by Flint Eastwood

I took a quick peek in here and here's what I noticed.

he can potentially become stronger than both Caineighs and Giffca.

Then a little bit later.

Either I'm not understanding you right or you just contradicted yourself.

My opinion on Skrimir is that he's HOT! Automatic 10/10.

But in other news, Skrimir is also really good. He has 26AS and 54 attack, so he 1-round Paladins and Generals in 4-P (which are like 90% of the map). And he has a great gauge, as well, Lion gauge decreases really really slowly. Things are a little bit tougher in 4-3, he needs 30AS to double, but he can get that with a Speedwing or Resolve (because he's durable enough to survive at half-health). If you gave him a speedwing, you can even bring him to 4-E where he can double the Generals in 4-E-1 and probably 1-round. He needs to be about level 33 to double Auras, though.

But in other news, Skrimir is also really good. He has 26AS and 54 attack, so he 1-round Paladins and Generals in 4-P (which are like 90% of the map). And he has a great gauge, as well, Lion gauge decreases really really slowly. Things are a little bit tougher in 4-3, he needs 30AS to double, but he can get that with a Speedwing or Resolve (because he's durable enough to survive at half-health). If you gave him a speedwing, you can even bring him to 4-E where he can double the Generals in 4-E-1 and probably 1-round. He needs to be about level 33 to double Auras, though.

Isn't 4-3 mostly BK, Haar and Naesala land? Enemy density is pretty high, and if Skrimir takes too many hits (possible), well, sucks to be him, I guess.

Isn't 4-3 mostly BK, Haar and Naesala land? Enemy density is pretty high, and if Skrimir takes too many hits (possible), well, sucks to be him, I guess.

Assume Skrimir has gained two levels. That leaves him with 34HP and 34DEF in Resolve mode, as well as 102 avoid. So Warriors, the strongest enemies on the map, deal 6-10 damage to him at 50% hit rates, roughly a 5HKO. What is dangerous is Sages, though, they 2HKO him, but there are only two in the entire map, and the Bishops don't do all that much and are generally far away as well.

I think that Skrimir's durability is perfectly adequate, then.

True this.

Skrimir's grand. He ain't the best unit in the game, but I've run him to endgame more than once before.

BK arrives so late and has such low Mov he is hardly of any help. So you need 2-rage gods like Jill and Haar for this.

But laguz stats in FE9 don't double. :(

Most people at least know they're much better when they're transformed.

But Resolve doesn't give an Str boost in FE10. :(

Dammit, they changed around the skills so much I can't even keep track of them all. This means Skrimir now doubles for his 44/45 Atk. 34/36-61/64 total damage.

Assume Skrimir has gained two levels. That leaves him with 34HP and 34DEF in Resolve mode, as well as 102 avoid. So Warriors, the strongest enemies on the map, deal 6-10 damage to him at 50% hit rates, roughly a 5HKO. What is dangerous is Sages, though, they 2HKO him, but there are only two in the entire map, and the Bishops don't do all that much and are generally far away as well.

I think that Skrimir's durability is perfectly adequate, then.

The bishops have Purge, you know.

• 2 weeks later...

The bishops have Purge, you know.

And in the desert he gets Elsleep'd up the ass.

But Even The Guys Want Him, so gg

Edit: lol, accidentally posted in a dead thread again

Edited by Naglfar

And in the desert he gets Elsleep'd up the ass.

Sleep is a problem for many characters in this chapter. Although I seem to recall that the Bishop gets distracted by Laura, which would solve that problem.

But Even The Guys Want Him, so gg

We're only human.

Edited by Mr. Know-it-all-Anouleth