Ross, Ewan and Amelia

Raven

What promotion path is your most favoured for each?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Ross:

• Journeyman > Fighter > Warrior
    • Journeyman > Fighter > Hero
    • Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker
    • Journeyman > Pirate > Warrior
    • Journeyman > Journeyman (2) > Hero
    • Journeyman > Journeyman (2) > Journeyman (3)
  2. 2. Ewan:

• Pupil > Mage > Sage
    • Pupil > Mage > Mage Knight
    • Pupil > Shaman > Druid
    • Pupil > Shaman > Summoner
    • Pupil > Pupil (2) > Sage
    • Pupil > Pupil (2) > Pupil (3)
  3. 3. Amelia:

• Recruit > Cavalier > Paladin
    • Recruit > Cavalier > Great Knight
    • Recruit > Knight > General
    • Recruit > Knight > Great Knight
    • Recruit > Recruit (2) > Paladin
    • Recruit > Recruit (2) > Recruit (3)

Quite a simple poll. Just vote for your most favoured promotion path for Ross, Ewan and Amelia.

My own choices were:

Ross: Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker

As much as I am a fan of the underclasses, I simply can not ignore that lovely critical bonus gained from the Berserker class.

Ewan: Pupil > Pupil (2) > Pupil (3)

I think being able to use all three types of magic in this game (without that dark magic cheat) is a pretty cool thing, since there really is no limits except for which of the three you are to S rank. I normally S rank Elder, or Anima if I'm lazy. Fast as well, so as long as the tome isn't too heavy, he will still be doubling the majority of enemies.

Amelia: Recruit > Recruit (2) > Recruit (3)

No gain in constitution, but when Amelia is as fast as she is, I see no problems with it. The critical bonus and her battle animations are my main reasons for keeping her as a Recruit.

These were my votes (all assuming in game):

Ross: Fighter > Hero

While Warrior or Berserker lets him use that awesome strength growth, Hero provides a needed speed boost, doesn't use the only Ocean Seal (forcing Colm to wait until ch. 15 or later), and, well, he'll barely reach that 25 STR by the end of the game anyway. Critical is nice, but doubling consistently is nicer.

Amelia: Cavalier > Paladin Great Knight

Cavalier has 2/3 move bonus (depending on path) AND swords, and since it's where she'll spend most of her time, it's a no-brainer. From there, she cares little for axes and would like the high move of Paladins. On second thought, she's probably promoting around chapter 18. That would like high movement so Paladin is preferred. Chapter 19 isn't really much moving, so GK is the better option. Chapter 20 is arguable, but lots of flying lance users makes axes nice, although high move for getting around is also good. Endgame is another more fighty one, so GK is again better. It's very close, but GK wins it I think since it's the easiest chapter that needs higher move on.

Ewan: Mage > Mage Knight

It's not an easy choice here. Part of me wants to say Shaman > Summoner (lvl 10) to become an inferior Knoll, and another part wants to say Sage for the magic type control (loldark, who cares, and you can CEG if you really want). But the higher move of MK, along with still having the best magic type anyway, wins this one.

If it's not in game, or allows tower/arena/ruins abuse, then:

Ross: Pirate > Berserker

Because it has the best caps and with speed not an issue, good strength and crit bonus.

Amelia: Recruit (2) > Recruit (3)

Suffers CON problems but has more than enough speed to compensate. Also has a crit bonus, so why not?

Ewan: Mage > CEG Sage

Best caps (IIRC), all magic.

Edited by I eat tables

Quite a simple poll. Just vote for your most favoured promotion path for Ross, Ewan and Amelia.

My own choices were:

Ross: Journeyman > Pirate > Berserker

As much as I am a fan of the underclasses, I simply can not ignore that lovely critical bonus gained from the Berserker class.

Ewan: Pupil > Pupil (2) > Pupil (3)

I think being able to use all three types of magic in this game (without that dark magic cheat) is a pretty cool thing, since there really is no limits except for which of the three you are to S rank. I normally S rank Elder, or Anima if I'm lazy. Fast as well, so as long as the tome isn't too heavy, he will still be doubling the majority of enemies.

Amelia: Recruit > Recruit (2) > Recruit (3)

No gain in constitution, but when Amelia is as fast as she is, I see no problems with it. The critical bonus and her battle animations are my main reasons for keeping her as a Recruit.

I keep Ross & Amelia as Trainees, while I make Ewan go Mage > Sage. (All four magics FTW!)

Ross: Pirate > Berserker

Critical bonus. Nuff said

Ewan: Mage > Mage Knight

He has very good Con, and has a horse. The 24 Magic cap hurts, but aside from that, everything else is good. Besides, he can now use heavy tomes like Elfire while losing very little Speed. Druid would probably look better for this, but it is forced to use heavy dark magic in the early days and lacks a horse.

Amelia: Knight > General

I think this one has the highest Con out of all her options and this one also gives her good defenses to go with her high speed. The problem with this is the puny Movement.

Berserker, for sexy speed bonuses on promotion. Ross doesn't care about Bows or Axes when he can have speed bonuses and +crit.

Mage Knight, for move and constitution. MK Ewan has +1 magic, +1 move and +2 constitution over Sage Ewan, and it's not like he ever wants to use Light magic anyway.

Paladin. This one is actually a hard decision, since Amelia wants Axes and the +2HP/+1DEF she gets from GK. But being stuck on 6 move is awful, when you have horse move type. (It's pretty much a given that Amelia picks Cavalier instead of Recruit or lolKnight)

I'd like to see people defend Amelia Cav-> Pally against Amelia Cav -> GK.

Also Super Journeyman is terrible. And Super Pupil is bad too.

Super Recruit is lolz because of 6CON and you gain nothing else.

-------------

Ross -> Pirate -> Berserker

BECAUSE ONLY AN IDIOT WOULD PASS UP ROSSZERKER

But really, it's more to address Ross's SPD problem. Ross goes Fighter and he gains no SPD, but gains an extra point of SPD if he goes Pirate and another once he goes Berserker. That's the same amount as Fighter -> Hero gets. But Hero doesn't get the critical boost and Waterwalk. Not to mention insane CON along the route.

Amelia -> Cavalier -> GK

She likes the 7 MOV and swords as well as the extra CON so she isn't weighed down by everything. GK increases CON further and provides better caps/better promo bonuses/axes, which pretty much beats an lolRES lead and an extra two MOV.

Ewan -> Shaman -> Druid

Other than nearly having a monopoly over Dark, Anima is just very HIGHLY contested between Lute and Sage Artur/Moulder/L'arachel/etc. Dark isn't that bad for a replacement (Better than bows amirite) as well as +2 STR when promoted to Shaman. Druid caps are wtf though: +0 STR and SKL but +3 SPD and +2 DEF and RES. Not to mention Anima AND Staves. Besides, Mage Knight doesn't give enough DEF or STR for Ewan.

Hah. Great Knight is better than Paladin in nearly every way except for Movement.

I wouldn't call Super Journeyman terrible. It's just clearly inferior to Berserker. Super Pupil is rubbish because there is absolutely no reason to equip Light or Dark magic when you already have access to Anima.

But really, it's more to address Ross's SPD problem. Ross goes Fighter and he gains no SPD, but gains an extra point of SPD if he goes Pirate and another once he goes Berserker. That's the same amount as Fighter -> Hero gets. But Hero doesn't get the critical boost and Waterwalk. Not to mention insane CON along the route.

Really not missing out on much by not going Berserker since this game's too easy. I just go with Hero and Mage Knight because I like those classes the most. Paladin for the movement.

Super Recruit is lolz because of 6CON and you gain nothing else.

I don't see why people should have to "defend" anything, since it's their own choice here. Cav > GK may very well be better, but when someone prefers Cav > Pal, who are we to argue against that preference of theirs?

My favorites?

Ross: Fighter->Hero (Don't like Zerker or Warrior animations)

Ewan: Mage->Mage Knight (Really like Mage Knights for some reason)

Amelia: Cavalier->Paladin (Female paladins FTW. Plus I tend to use lots of mounted units, so the move does help)

Of course, these aren't the best. Just my favorites.

And to clear something up, you should NOT go the Hero route for Ross if you want speed. Zerker is better. It gives you just as much, but you get some of it sooner.

Edited by Slize

I like them at their trainee classes :) I promote them to that always, the first two times I promoted Ross to Warrior and Amelia to Paladdin I tried getting Ewan to Summoner but he died the first time I didn't promote him the second time.

Really not missing out on much by not going Berserker since this game's too easy. I just go with Hero and Mage Knight because I like those classes the most. Paladin for the movement.

Eh, still. Axes < Critical Bonus.

Because the only thing better than kill is OVERkill.

Sword.

Then there's durabilit and/or mobility. Kill + Durability >>>>>>> Overkill. Of course, that too isn't much of a concern in this game, specially if we're talking CC.

Edited by Vergil

Sword.

Then there's durabilit and/or mobility. Kill + Durability >>>>>>> Overkill. Of course, that too isn't much of a concern in this game, specially if we're talking CC.

EXACTLY. And since we also have Cyclops with over 9000 health, it's nice to have some overkill. He still doubles and OHKO's anyway.

Sword.

EXACTLY. And since we also have Cyclops with over 9000 health, it's nice to have some overkill. He still doubles and OHKO's anyway.

For thos 9000 health Cyclops use a Bishop. You deal around 150000 damage to them that way. Slayer vs Crappy Resistance.

Bishop Slayer = Berserker Critical.

And don't start with me on Bishop Slayer Critical > Berserker Critical, since the latter will occur a LOT.

If you are talking about fighting against monsters, then yeah. Although I find Berserkers with a Brave Axe or Killer Axe to be just as reliable against monsters, and more reliable against enemy human units. We all know how much of a bitch Chapter 19 can be.

Why would anyone choose the super journeyman class for Ross?!

It is inferior to the Berserker by 4 str, and 2 resistance doesn't cover it for capped stats.

Simply the critical bonus is useless, considering the Berserker's critical.

And the con sucks.