Any supports you say should have been in? Romantic or not? (SPOILERS)

Retsudo

I say the following at least:

Gangrel and Walhart (Former rulers.)

Gangrel and Aversa (Both used by Validar.)

Gangrel and Chrom, Emmeryn, Lissa (After everything Gangrel did, a few talks between himself and the royal family might not be too bad.)

Walhart and Gangrel, Chrom, Virion, Cherche, Say'ri, Yen'fay (More Walhart.)

Chrom and Miriel, Panne, Cordelia, Nowi, Tharja, Anna (More women for Chrom. And Noire gets a big sister to protect her. From Tharja.)

Tiki and Nowi (Manakete talk.)

Say'ri and Yen'fay (Why don't they have supports?)

Lon'Qu and Say'ri and/or Yen'fay (Yep.)

Edited by Retsudo

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In a similar manner to Chrom getting more women, Sumia's love options shouldn't be limited either. The fact that her choices are limited made no sense since unlike Chrom, she's not in a hurry to marry (that being said, totally support Chrom getting the chance at more women who show up before Olivia).

Edited by Owain

Chrom X Tharja, even if only for shiggles. (And ditto on Chrom needing more women, though I am starting to understand why he doesn't have more girls.)

Sumia literally has no reason to have marriage options limited to only Gaius, Frederick, Chrom, Henry, and Male!Robin. I think the only other character in general FE that has it as bad as if not worse than her is Rath. But that's another story for another time.

Walhart X Chrom, Lissa, Emmeryn, Cherche, Virion, Say'ri, Yen'fay, Gangrel, and Aversa. He needs more development here.

Priam X Emmeryn, I forgot why though.

Chrom x Cordelia, mainly because I think it's foolish of them to try to repeat Catria in a game with variable pairing options. They have no excuse for not letting the player choose whether Cordelia's love goes unrequited or not. (Heck if it were me I would've done what I could about including variable love interests since the very first game) Making it so it HAS to go unrequited is just frustrating and annoying. It's not that I really ship these two or anything, but I do dislike that the one girl who actively has feelings for Chrom is unable to marry him.

First generation characters recruited after Cherche x Every first generation character of the opposite sex. (minus Chrom, or at least minus him as a love interest)

Sumia x every first generation guy who isn't Chrom, Frederick, Gaius or Henry. However much I may love Henry.

Child characters x their indirect relatives (i.e: Lucina x Lissa, Owain x Chrom, etc.)

Anna x Chrom would be neat and funny but so so unlikely. ...Actually, considering her reverence for money, it may not be all that unlikely at all that she'd fall for a prince...

That's about it, I think.

Edited by Starlight36

All the spotpass characters should have supports with someone other than the avatar. Especially Emmeryn, you think they'd have given her supports with Chrom and Lissa, maybe even Frederick? Also Gangrel and Aversa seeing as they have a history (also Yen'fay and Say'ri come on IS). Not sure about who I'd flag out for Priam and Walhart specifically to support with other than maybe Chrom, but Priam especially lacks in development so it would have been nice if they had included more for him.

Also in the camp that thinks Sumia's romance options shouldn't be limited. I get why Chrom's are, but the choice to pair him with maybe Miriel (they are both Shepherds) or Cordelia (give the girl a break) would have also been nice.

Anyways, besides those obvious beefs that everyone has, I'd like to have seen more interaction between the original Shepherd boys. Like Stahl x Frederick (I assume he taught Stahl too since Sully was mentioned to have been his student before?), Vaike x Frederick, etc. Same applies to all the girls in the Shepherds too. I like to imagine them as a close knit group so I would have liked to see more development between the lot and not just the 2 same gender supports per character that seems to be in there.

Also more supports for Tiki, Say'ri and Anna, the girls are lagging in them since they're not viable romance options for the rest of the boys.

I also agree that Sumia having limited options for husbands made no sense. She should've been able to marry more people. Chrom, I can understand because he's the main character, a royal, and he automatically marries at chapter 12. But Sumia, no. She's just another character.

I would've liked to see Cordelia able to marry Chrom though.

Everyone deserves to be able to marry Stahl.

Everyone.

Except Severa.

Is it because she his daughter or something on your game....

There is a ton of supports in this game, though it can't hurt to have a few more like...

Lucina x F!Morgan (Like their Fathers and awesome broman- I mean Sismance. Or maybe something like who father was better.)

Tiki x Nowi(Because since daughter has a talk with great dragon priestess, can't her).

Basilio x Lon qu(HE was his champion)

Walhart x Virion (Direct Confrontation with the guy, show your magnificent!)

And of course spot pass characters at least having the ability to support with each other at the very least.

Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Aversa, and Priam having no supports with anyone but Avatar and Morgan disappoints me. I'd almost like it better if they didn't support anyone, since then they would just feel like "extra" characters, like trial map characters from previous games. As it is, it's like "Why can't Emmeryn support her siblings if she can support Avatar? Why can't Yen'fay support his sister?"

Then there are the characters who, for whatever reason, just have almost no supports to speak of at all. Basically anyone who isn't in the big group of males and females who can marry each other, like Anna and Tiki. Why did they get so shafted?

They did so much with supports in this game, so it really makes me wonder why they didn't just go all the way.

Chrome and Panne/Nowi made sense at not being in, as you see Lucina before those two come in and she's not half Taguel or Manakete.

How would you tell if she was or not, especially if she didn't have a stone?

Morgan doesn't look visibly different if one of his/her parents was a Manakete or Taguel. And Sophia from the Binding Blade doesn't look all that different either and she's also a half-dragon.

Oh, yeah Priam. Dude could've had more supports. Like Panne or the Manaketes. Or Lucina

Edited by Retsudo

How would you tell if she was or not, especially if she didn't have a stone?

Morgan doesn't look visibly different if one of his/her parents was a Manakete or Taguel. And Sophia from the Binding Blade doesn't look all that different either and she's also a half-dragon.

Well, don't know about the Taguels, but we know Manaketes age way slower than humans. Even as a half-Manakete, Lucina wouldn't have looked as old as we see her. Granted, same can apply to Morgan, but we know the children didn't arrived at the same time to the past, and we also know when Lucian showed up.

Anyway, about supports, I suppose not much that hasn't been said already, like the support between siblings, or giving a couple more to the ones that have very few, etc.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Only thing I would hope for was more supports for Say'ri, since she's the only 1st-gen female that appears during the main story that doesn't have a kid of her own (Anna and Tiki are both side quest recruitments).

I can't help but think that Anna's child would have been another Anna.... And it would have been hilarious.

Basilio x Lon'qu, Basilio x Olivia, Basilio x Walmart. Fuck, Basilio and Flavia x everyone (don't care if paired or not i just want more of these two)

Also Chrom x Frederick S rank

Edited by Thor Odinson

More supports:

Lissa and Lucina (She is ALWAYS Lucina's aunt!)

Chrom and Owain (He is ALWAYS Owain's uncle!)

Chrom and Emmeryn (How is this not in the game?)

Lissa and Emmeryn (Same as Chrom and Emmeryn.)

Lucina and Emmeryn (Lucina meets her father's big sister.)

Owain and Emmeryn (Owain meets his mother's big sister.)

Lucina and Severa (Even if they aren't sisters they make quite a pair.)

Basilio and Walhart (Warrior rulers)

Flavia and Walhart (Same.)

Lon'qu and Libra (Imagine the antics!)

Edited by Retsudo

I agree with a lot of the above suggested such as:

Lissa and Lucina

Chrom and Owain

Emmeryn and Chrom/Lissa/Frederick/Lucina/maybe a few other founding Shepards

Gangrel and Aversa/Walhart/Emmeryn/Chrom/Lissa

Walhart and Virion/Say'ri/Cherche/Yen'fay

Basilio and Olivia

Basilio and Lon'qu

Say'ri and Yen'fay

Tiki and other manaketes

Priam and Panne (Panne mentions to Male Avatar having met the Laguz, could've gone with that some)

Emmeryn, Gangrel, Aversa, Walhart, Priam, Yen'fay, Say'ri, Tiki, Anna, Basilio and Flavia all having more supports in general.

Also I think there should have been:

Chrom and Cordelia to A support (but no S) so we could have the reasons WHY Cordelia is so obsessed fleshed out a bit more, and maybe her come to terms with not being with him that isn't someone else's ring?

Sumia having the same man options as every other first gen female

Anna, Say'ri, and Tiki (and maybe Flavia) also being able to have S ranks with the first gen males, and have kids. Anna with a daughter named Anna, Tiki with a son (so we can get 1/2 male manaketes as they aren't unheard of in FE) and Say'ri with a kid (gender doesn't matter)

Basilio and Flavia with an S Rank support

Miriel with a manakete

Maybe some non-parent/child supports between 1st and 2nd Gen characters

Edited by Ksemanr

Man. On one hand I totally ship Basilio and Flavia, but on the other hand I kinda like the fact that they don't marry since it's nice having something where a man and a woman can just be friends and nothing more.

Don't kill me

I wish Sumia had the same options as every other girl. :/ It's more of that "shoving this pairing into your face" thing, it's such a stupid pairing, I wish it wasn't forced on you like that. "OTL

On that note, I too wish Cordelia had an S-option with Chrom. There really is no excuse, and it's hard seeing S-ranks with Cordelia where like 99% of the time the other man is like "but don't you love Chrom??", gah, just painful. Hector got 2 pegasus knight options, why not Chrom, he's manlier. "OTL

Libra/Virion and Henry/Ricken should both get S ranks too haha *bricked*

I wish the DLC characters got CBA supports with at least each other. I paid money for them, I want them to get more than a +10 Hit bonus when I pair them up. :/ It's bad enough all of them except Marth are just bits of Avatars.

Yeah, it's kind of annoying that Sumia's forced into such few options. I keep pairing her with Henry just because I don't want to pair her with Chrom, and don't want to waste Gaius's inheritence on Cynthia when there are others who need it more.

One of the problems I'm seeing with Chrom X Miriel/Cordelia is how Lucina's sibling support would be handled. Cutting fruit with a legendary sword doesn't seem like a thing Laurent or Severa would do.

I don't know, I could see Severa doing it in a tsuntsun lashing out against her "amazing" older sister.

Gangrel, Walhart, Emmeryn, Yen'fay, Aversa, and Priam having no supports with anyone but Avatar and Morgan disappoints me.

This. Especially Priam. I want to pair him with Severa!