New Member Question: Elibian Saga

Crow

I'm trying to come up with a clever way to preface this, but I'll just get into it instead:

Is there an existing modding effort to remix FE6 in such a way that it takes more of the characters and concepts from FE7 into consideration?

Put another way: is there an existing modding effort to remix FE6/7 into a single game in two generations, where choices made in the Eliwood/Hector/Lyn era impact the storylines in the Roy/Lilina era?

As one example, there's what Lyn is doing during Roy's era. Based on her supports, she could be the mother of Roy, Lilina, or Sue. Based on those same supports, in every case she allows Caelin to get absorbed into Ostia instead of choosing to lead it. I think there's a good story to be had in asking "what if Lyn chose to stay in Caelin and lead?" and then build a gaiden around that set in the FE6 generation. At the same time, I think it would be interesting to have Lyn play a greater role in Roy's era, which would be different based on whose mother she is (or whether she's a mother or Lady of Caelin at all).

The same thing goes for Raven and Priscilla, to an extent. Depending on Raven's supports, he either never gets absolution for his desire for revenge on Ostia or he just lets it go. His support with Lucius indicates that Hector even offers to restore House Cornwell, but Raven refuses. While I don't think Raven's revenge is something that would last all the way into the FE6 generation, I think there might be something to having Priscilla and Raven's supports create a scenario where one or both of them has their nobility and legitimacy restored by Ostia.

That Cornwell scenario is actually something that argues for making changes in FE7 as well, since Priscilla doesn't have supports with Hector. I could see there being a variable where if Priscilla gets an A-support with Hector, he's convinced of her nobility and restores the Cornwell lands to her. If they get an S-support (because another edge of this would be doing a fourth support conversation to get married, as in Awakening) then that throws a flag where Priscilla marries Hector and mothers Lilina, but Cornwell's restored lands become her summer home.

To an extent, this is a question about whether anyone's thought of actually remixing FE6 into being a sequel for FE7. It's not strictly about drawing canon lines into 6's narrative from 7 (especially since Elibian Nights does a lot of the heavy lifting there) but instead of about making the playthrough of 7 actually have an impact on the playthrough of 6.

The dream scenario would be taking Immortal Sword, Elibian Nights, and FE6/7 and taking them all together; choices in Immortal Sword impact the FE7 generation through unlocking gaiden chapters, both of those impact Elibian Nights, and all three of them end up adding content and changes in the FE6 generation.

And of course, if such a project does not exist but has interest behind it, I'm happy to volunteer myself as a writer. ^_^

In short, no there isn't at the moment, but there hopefully will be in the future.

http://forums.bwdyeti.com/index.php?showtopic=592

Alternatively you could do some simple hacking and insert the portrait of an FE7 character and change the said character's name appropriately.

So the dream scenario is essentially an April Fools' joke? *chuckles* I think I can actually understand that...

I don't think I get what you're suggesting with the simple hack line, though. I think if you wanted to account for multiple possible FE7 endings and show the impact in FE6, it wouldn't just be a cut/paste job.

it's possible but unfeasible

depending on what your exact plans are, it's going to be a ton of work no matter what, and the only question is exactly how much

Admittedly, I think I need a refresher on FE6/7. Anyone have recommendations on the best translation of 6?

FE7x+FE7+EN+FE6 combined = longest goddamn game ever.

Let's get right to it.

In all seriousness though, that would be a hell of a lot of clashing art styles.

This might be my faulty memory talking, but I didn't think the art in those two games was really exceptionally different.