(Pokemon) Fire Red/Leaf Green Draft

Ike-Mike

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the 12th person got their pick it goes back to the 1st one.

I don't see what's so terrible about doing this kind of draft.

Because earlier people get an advantage over later people because they can pick from a greater variety of pokemon. Think about it: assuming every person picked the best pokemon available, Hawk King Tibarn has the 1st, 13th, 25th, and 37th best pokemon in the game, while Psych has the 12th, 24th, 36th, and 48th best pokemon in the game. He is obviously at a considerable disadvantage, then.

Edited by Black★Star

I'm really sorry for any inconvenience.

I've readjusted the list to have it use the snake draft.

Of course, that means everyone will have to submit new lists now.

I'm going to delete all draft-related PMs from my list because it's getting confusing as it is so send me in new ones.

I'll take not getting Magikarp as my punishment for messing up. :'(

Did anyone except me also report that I accidentally a double post?

Edited by Ike-Mike

Named my Rival Haze and kicked his ass with my bulbasaur.

Did the whole package thing. Trained by Bulbasaur a bit in the grass (until he was level 9), then kicked Haze's sorry ass once again (and it felt goooood ;) )

Laughed my ass off.

10/10

Edited by Haze

May I drop Eevee/Vaporeon and take any pokemon that isn't drafted after the lists have been sent? Or rather if no one wants voltorb may I take it instead of vaporeon.

Sure, why not?

the list is wrong

it has likes of geodude who are taken by now

I might've forgot to remove some of the Pokémon from the first pick.

Other than that it's legit.

Since the lists were drying up on the last round and I didn't want to delay it even further I spread the last batch of Pokémon around to account for a balanced typing spread and version exclusives.

I'll also take the liberty to link to everyone's first and lost post of their run in the OP.

Yay. Ice types.

So, I have to do my normal draft pre-intro.

Starter!: Charmander

I'm short my fire types on this team, so pick fire. Definitely a High on the list.

Rattata

Earlygame punch. Going to be a star player.

Zubat

Golbat is good, at least. Don't remember, is Crobat AFTER the elite?

Tauros: Mid-late game punch, probably Rattata's replacement.

Lapras: Imprtant member of the team. No Ice type compares, except maybe

Seel: Dewgong! I love Dewgong.

And

Tangela: Probably not worth the effort, but I can then transfer the team to SoulSilver!

Sho.M.the.Money (NidoranF/Nidorina/Nidoqueen, Oddish/Gloom/Vileplume, Snorlax, Articuno, Hitmonchan, Omanyte/Omastar)

So lets see...

Nidoran F

What Lt. Surge? What Erika? What Koga? What generic Trainers? What Bruno?

Oddish

What Misty?

Snorlax

What Sabrina? What Fire type Gym leader? What Lorelei?

Articuno

What Lance?

Hitmonchan

Ummm... Yeah... What Lorelei? I guess...

Omanyte

Should I put him to Box 1 or 2?

Obliviously I start with Squirtle

Edited by Sho.M.the.Money

facepalm time!

Starter: Charmander

I need some way of beating Erika, and no point repeating other types. Hoping his strong attack will carry me through.

Pikachu

Fuck that 5% attraction rate, but Thundershocks are always nice. Will probably evolve at level 26 after TBolt.

Paras

Hi there. You'll get dumped once Exeggcute arrives, but thanks for the Spore.

Gyarados

I'm going to have to fish this fucker for Thrash TT_TT

Exeggcute

Hello Safari Zone, hello nice stats in general, hello STAB Psychic!

Kangaskhan

You're even rarer than Pika =(

---

I start the run, and name myself Jyo, with the rival as Vincent I think you guys can see how this will go =D

I choose a Charmander as my starter, and then at the nickname screen, I realise it's female! I wasn't sure what to call it at first, but I just put down Red Fox and screw the consequences.

Then I realise it's Sassy, and smile.

Yeah, Rival got owned, etc, delivered parcel, and went to Viridian. After about 10 minutes of searching I finally found my Pika, who was female as well! Caught her, named her Lumi, grinded her to level 6 and then had her solo Vincent for the first Rival match.

Nick    Lvl HP Atk Def SpA SpD Spe
Charmander Red Fox 8   26 15  13  14  14  15
Pikachu    Lumi    7   22 11  9   12  11  18

Red Fox: Ember, Tackle, Growl
Lumi: Thundershock, Tail Whip, Growl

Edited by JBCWK

JigglyPuff was virtually unsuable, so I dropped her. This was after, like, 2 -3 battles after she got pound.

Edit: with no jigglypuff, all the levels are going to my ivysaur, and with the help of sleep powder, I managed to defeat my rival even with his multiple type advantages.

Nugget birdge was also easy too, as you'd expect. With all that training, my Ivysaur solo'ed Misty's gym, and I'm just preparing my leave for Vermillion now.

Level 28 Ivysaur
Tackle/Sleep Powder/Leech Seed/Razor Leaf

Edited by Kevin

Meowth

One of those great Normal-type sweeper that you just know and love.

Voltorb

A personal favorite in a FireRed/LeafGreen playthrough, it's either this guy or Pikachu and I personally prefer Voltorb.

Slowpoke

If it's not Staryu or Squirtle, it's gotta be Slowpoke! A great tank of sorts and hits opponents hard!

Ponyta

Normally I'd choose Charmander or Vulpix over Ponyta, but definately a viable substitute to get some fire pokemon in the team.

Cubone

A good candidate for the team, can pretty much rip through most enemies with the right moves. A bit hard to find though...

Grimer

I unfortunately am going to have to drop this guy for my starter.

Going to pick Bulbasaur as my starter.

Starter: Charmander/Charmeleon/Charazard

Considering the fact that my team covers fighting (rock/normal), Flying (bug/plant), Psychic with dark support (everything but dark), Water with ice support (fire, rock, ground etc), Rock and Ground (fire, flying, electric etc) and Electric (water, flying) that lets me take on most enemies. I don't really need to replicate a water type, nor add a grass type since water and electric cover those so I choose my favorite starter, the flaming lizard. She (amazingly) will likely start being spectacular around the 3rd gym but until then will have to have a little help.

Round 1: Mankey/Primeape

This pokemon alone will make Brock's gym and mount moon a breeze. Post mount moon Fury will be receiving a mega punch (or kick I'm not sure yet) and can probably handle most of the game up until the psychic gym. Although his defense is a bit low even at this low level, he can still do an impressive amount of damage per strike and will only get better in time. Obviously a pokemon that will be coming with me from the very beginning until endgame.

Round 2: Spearow/Fearow

About the same time that Charmander fully evolves, this little gem will stop gleaming so brightly. Really after the poison gym (and acquiring Electrabuzz) there wont be much of a reason to deploy this little fella. However for well over the first half of the game he'll likely be a big reason for my success. Early on in the game flying is effective against a lot of enemy types and weak to only a few (rock and electric) which should be easy enough to protect him against.

Round 3: Drowsee/Hypno

Although psychic types have been weakened since the first time I played this series, this pokemon shouldn't be too much of a waste. He (or she) generally tends to make good use out of hypnosis, psychic attacks and the newly found shadow ball to keep the damage level as high as possible. Also the added bonus of having a decent physical defense and health is always a perk as well.

Round 4: Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Poliwrath

If only I could have gotten this little guy a little earlier in the game... oh well. He'll have to be spoon fed a bit of experience (and potentially a water stone later) to keep up with everyone else, however I suspect that offensively he can make up the damage very well. Really a steal for a fourth round selection, and a good companion all the way around.

Round 5: Onix

Most people can't stand this pokemon due to his obscenely slow speed. However he joins up moderately early, has a strong movepool between TMs and natural moves and can tank fairly well against anything other than a special sweeper. As long as he doesn't have a nature that takes away part of that beautiful physical defense he'll be a strong contender for the entire game.

Round 6: Electrabuzz

Now being an exclusive to Fire Red is the only way I can imagine this guy still being around. He has great physical and special bases, and a strong move pool. About the only weakness is that he can't be acquired all that early. However once he joins my team he will replace Spearow (who is likely fallen behind considerably by now) or be subbed in instead of onix for fights that don't require rock/ground based attacks.

Notes so far:

I've just reached Brock's Gym but not challenged yet. Oddly this feels pretty close to a normal playthrough considering that I've got 3 pokemon at word one and they are all at about normal levels. Mankey helped me grind to find an appropriate Spearow and then the bird and lizard burned and pecked a bloody path through the forest leaving bug catchers laying by the wayside in the terrible duos wake. Now I just have to see if my moderately low leveled Mankey is strong enough to low kick his way to victory against geodude and onix.

Start game

Hmmm. Boobs or balls ?

PlayerF: Scanty

Rival: GeekBoy

Starter: Squirtle Corset (Rash)

First thing I do is putting battles to SET format cuz Switch is in my books hideous and unfair advantage to player

Owned Geeky and did the normal shit, Let him sit in front of League cuz I dont give a shit and went for Brock. lv 15 Corset after brock.

Avoids trainers and goes for nido, Stopped squirts evo so that i could catch nido easier. Got NidoF(Kneesocks, Docile) after running into 13 NidoMs(running all the enemies because Squirtle is so damn good might start OHKOing Nidos) and beat the trainers between city and cave to train it.

Entering the cave I have Lv 12 Nido and lv. 17 Squirt. I bought some paralyze heals cuz paras has stun spore. lv. 18 Squirt learns Bite and evolves. Rape the cave with Nidoran and evolve it at 20 when it learns bite and stone it instantly. After cave I have lv. 20 queen and lv. 19 tortle. Gave Mega punch to wartortle.

Owned GeekBoy and company to get Oddish(Chuck, Jolly). Gave it Bullet Seed and killed couple of hikers for easy lv.s reaching 15 so I give him 2 rare Candys and rape my way to Bill with it, taking out couple of poisons and fliers with Kneesocks resulting her reaching lv. 22 for Body Slam, Got secret power and gave it to Chuck so he can take on other grass and poison types from now on. After I've met Bill I have lv. 20 Chuck, lv. 22 Kneesocks and Corset of lv. 22 (and without a single lv from grinding bitches)

After quick trip to heal my pokes and go for the oldschool token chick of pkmn. After those jokes called gym trainers Chuck was nice enough to reach lv. 21 and evolved. After that he laughs at the little stars, being nice enough to reach lv 22 and thus cathing up with rest of the team.

After giving Corset Water Pulse(Kneesocks dont need such move) he beats the thief so Kneesocks learns Dig. After thant I catch(running from other wilds because once again my opinion is that grinding is for noods(no offence for those who got buttfucked by list drafting :awesome: )) Meowth (G. Ghost) to do my slavery (I give it Escape Robe because if I would get items from pick up it would be unfair towards ThatGuyDownw/e) I reach the city with full team oh lv. 23s, Snach the bike voucher and go Lynch those jokes in route 11 and stop for now.

Chuck lv 24 Bullet Seed, Sleep Powder, Acid, Secret Power

Kneesocks lv 24 Double Kick, Body Slam, Bite, Dig

Corset lv 25 Water Pulse, Bite, Mega Punch, Tail Whip

Death count (1 poison + crit in Viridian Forest)

I tried to count how many enemies I ohkoed but then I remembered that basically everything is owned in this game so easily that it would be far too time consuming

Charmander

Have a water type, and a bug which is basically a grass type that has different weaknesses. Also, I had no idea Geodude could learn Flamethrower. Go figure. :/

Geodude

Right before Misty, so...gonna help clear Surge, and then probably Blaine and help with Koga. Not gonna do much against the other leaders, but definitely a good choice. Too bad I don't get a Golem. I predict he's going to end up falling behind around the E4.

Pidgey

Early game bird. Basically the first thing I'll see. Definitely nice to have, but since I'll get Charizard, probably won't make the E4 team.

Ghastly

One of my favs. Best moveset ever: Psychic, Shadow Ball, Giga Drain, Thunderbolt. But will probably have Hypnosis instead of Psychic and something else in place of Giga Drain so that Venomoth and Jynx have some moves.

Jynx

Another fav, I used her a lot in 1 and 2, but after that kinda fell out of my team, and I got really disappointed she didn't get an evolution with Magmar and Electabuzz. I usually pull a Lovely Kiss-Mean Look-Parish Song set, but I don't want to end up stalling much here (even though Geodude would probably be able to help with it) so it's looking like a Lovely Kiss, Shadow Ball, Psychic, Ice Beam set. I'll be the one who ends up gambling his life away. :awesome: Too bad you can't get Smoochum either, cause that means no natural Psychic moves. What's up with that?

Vaporeon

Pretty good too. Coming in around Erika, so that's not great. Iron Tail/Dig/Bite/Surf. Eevee is my top favorite, but Litwick dethroned it. :newyears: :/

Venonat

One I've always thought about using, but never able to fit into my team. I mean, it looks good on paper. Poison/Bug with Psychic moves like Butterfree, but no 4x weakness to rock or Ice. Gonna have to grind it to 52 so it gets Psychic without a TM. And I don't get a good poison move till Sludge Bomb which is after the E4 too. >_> Bug needs to be the move relearner too. (Silver Wind) Has Aerial Ace though.

And with that I'm off, Charmander. Playing Fire Red too. TOTALLY DIDN'T PICK GIRL. Turbo button is just as good as Running Shoes, and take a potion to kick Gary GREEN's butt....And Charmander is female. :newyears: Didn't even need the potion.

BLAHBLAHBLAH GET YOUR OWN DAMN PARCEL BLAHBLAHBLAH GRINDING BLAHBLAHBLAH FOREST BLAHBLAHBLAH Kicked Brock's butt. why does pidgey not have gust till 9 ;_;

Pidgeotto: Did nothing so far. Just sucking up EXP. Needs to get to a better typing zone and will probably pick up.

Charmeleon: Like a boss. Smash and burn baby.

Edited by Psychedelica

Started as a male player, named myself Draft. Named my rival !?/-... or something like that.

Blah Blah Blah boring intro stuff, get my starter, own !?/-...'s face, and a bunch of other stuff. Went through the Viridian Forest. Beat up Brock and Camper guy with vine whip. Get the running shoes. Battle the 1st 2 trainers of the next route, evolve Bulbasur(Plant) and stop there.

Pokemon Nickname Level Nature Moves
Ivysaur Plant    16    Rash  Tackle, Sleep Powder, Vine Whip, Leech Seed

Edited by ThatGuyDownTheStreet