Should I use Illyana?

Probably

I mean I can't help that Lucia's a shitty unit but I love her so favoritism time

IIRC, I think you also used Ilyana that run because she came out amazing. :D

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well, noms are noms. She's above her averages but still sub par to most of my team though

then again I basically just ram Haar into things and things die and Mia too

Wish I get more of Lucia qq

Edited by Luminescent Blade

Uh. Favoritism includes BEXP abuse for specific stat gains to cap everything. For example: Lumi loves Lucia, so she would want to pump in extra stat boosters, BEXP and stuff to make her up to par with the rest of the team. Were you assuming I've never played Radiant Dawn before or something? o-o

assuming you've played RD, you'd also know there's plenty of Bexp in normal mode to "Bexp abuse" everyone in your team. If you want Ilyana on your team and Bexp her up, that doesn't mean you can't do the same with someone else.

Yeah well, noms are noms. She's above her averages but still sub par to most of my team though

then again I basically just ram Haar into things and things die and Mia too

Wish I get more of Lucia qq

I'm looking at your file, and it looks like you're on 4-P. Your Ilyana's 20/20/3 and she's almost capped everything already. You BEXP'd Janaff and Ulki to 30 and gave them Tear. Aran's 20/10 with capped Str, Skl, and Def. Jill is 20/20/5 without anything capped yet, and Haar is --/20/12 with Str, Spd, Def capped. Of course he eats everything. XD

assuming you've played RD, you'd also know there's plenty of Bexp in normal mode to "Bexp abuse" everyone in your team. If you want Ilyana on your team and Bexp her up, that doesn't mean you can't do the same with someone else.

That's besides the point. The point is, don't use Ilyana unless you like her a lot as a character, because she's subpar as a unit. If you want to use her for the hell of it, there's nothing wrong with that, as I personally sink in large amounts of favoritism into her, because crits seem to make more sense with Thunder magic and Rexbolt is pretty awesome. You can turtle your way in Normal Mode forever and battle save abuse for the stat gains that you want, as well. I know Cam did this with the Dawn Brigade. Hard Mode is a different story.

@whase The question is why does this person want Ilyana on their team. If he wanted to use her because he likes her, there's nothing stopping him from doing so. But if all he wants is a good unit, then 75% of the cast is more worthy of receiving the bexp. If all he want is a good unit, there's plenty better with the same amount of resources or less given to them so she is not worth it.

god can you fucking read I said the same exact thing a few posts ago already

And hell if you want to use a unit because you like her or something why are you even asking us just go ahead and use this unit

You know what I will play HM and give everything to Lucia just because I can now Sakusa I just need your wii again

@Waifu: and that's blossomHaar too. He was eating everything anyway so I thought why the hell not gogoshinygreennumbers and he /still/ has a level lead. Silly Haar. Ilyana's caps suck ass, though. So her being capped isn't even all that great.

IIRC Titania and Mia are higher leveled than Jill on that file, anyway. Lucia I just pumped to 20/20/1 or something but I'll feed her more if need be.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

@Waifu: and that's blossomHaar too. He was eating everything anyway so I thought why the hell not gogoshinygreennumbers and he /still/ has a level lead. Silly Haar. Ilyana's caps suck ass, though. So her being capped isn't even all that great.

IIRC Titania and Mia are higher leveled than Jill on that file, anyway. Lucia I just pumped to 20/20/1 or something but I'll feed her more if need be.

I told you to give him Blossom because he was eating everything ever too fast. XD I can't check these for you, because I don't feel play playing RD and sinking like 4 hours into it. Figure something out with your schedule and come over my place sometime.

I told you to give him Blossom because he was eating everything ever too fast. XD I can't check these for you, because I don't feel play playing RD and sinking like 4 hours into it. Figure something out with your schedule and come over my place sometime.

This week is a terrible time but we could do break or something or hell the week before break since workload will be pretty light then.

Pesonally, raised I like Ilyana more than Soren. He has a 2 point speed lead with caps, and that's a bit of a pain, but Ilyana at least can get 3HKOd by a bunch of stuff in part 4 instead of 2HKOd by everything. Soren's better (whole game) because of the training differential, but in part 4 Ilyana is better if you took the effort to raise them both. And unless you are going super-fast, you can raise Ilyana + Jill + Nolan in part 1 anyway, so you still get Sothe + Micaiah + Jill + Nolan + Zihark + S strike Volug for part 3 anyway. That's enough.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

Pesonally, raised I like Ilyana more than Soren. He has a 2 point speed lead with caps, and that's a bit of a pain, but Ilyana at least can get 3HKOd by a bunch of stuff in part 4 instead of 2HKOd by everything. Soren's better (whole game) because of the training differential, but in part 4 Ilyana is better if you took the effort to raise them both. And unless you are going super-fast, you can raise Ilyana + Jill + Nolan in part 1 anyway, so you still get Sothe + Micaiah + Jill + Nolan + Zihark + S strike Volug for part 3 anyway. That's enough.

Its probably enough with just Nolan and Jill :V

Excuse me but in what universe Soren is more fragile than Ilyana?

Specifically considering his avoid lead.

I am not refereing to that +4 avoid you get from speed cap but from Dark Affinity that is obviously in A support by now + Ike's hax stars vs. lol miccy stars and lol light affinity and only potential support A pair (for silver army) being like... Rhys? Laura?

Yeah good luck with that hon

Oh did I mention Every Avoid point counts because only sage's use is resolve regardless of the route.

Edited by Sho.M.the.English.Major

Soren's better (whole game) because of the training differential, but in part 4 Ilyana is better if you took the effort to raise them both.

It depends on what you call "effort". If Soren took early BEXP and promotion, his speed, skill and magic will be much better than hers, and he can take the Ike support to buffer his avoid (on top of Flare he should be able to survive pretty well). If you're on normal mode and you really pour the BEXP into him without promoting him early, his defense and HP will be better than Ilyana's (since she can't effectively BEXP her defense). If you just raise them both to 20/1 and don't think about BEXP or an Ike support... then Ilyana might be better.

So it's not really true to say that Ilyana /is/ better. She /can/ be better under the right situations.

Who supports Ike with Soren? That will just make 3-13 way harder than it should be :P:

But yeah on normal Earlyish promoted soren tears maps in half faster than Nephy and Ike. At least on my List Draft run where Only existing canto users were reyson, Viak and Makalov...

I pumped so much bexp into Lucia it's not even funny lol

Remember when part 4 hit and I just stuffed a bajillion levels of bexp into her

good times

Lucia at least gets SM caps, and tempest blade/VK/Alondite

Illyana gets.............24 chapters, and rexbolt and is still shitty mid-lategame

Of course, who would bexp Lucia, she's hawt!

Who supports Ike with Soren? That will just make 3-13 way harder than it should be :P:

But yeah on normal Earlyish promoted soren tears maps in half faster than Nephy and Ike. At least on my List Draft run where Only existing canto users were reyson, Viak and Makalov...

PKL set a record in an fe10 draft team, using Soren+Tits.

Said something about Soren being fairly durable and flare+celerity helping+early promo.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just prefer Using Calill as my Sage, because I dun like SOren that much, Illyana is meh, Laura and Rhys are fragile, Bastians meh, and the rest are derp.

of course, I think its possible to get a 3rd tier Calill in 2-E or 3-9, not sure.

I'd try it on NM with max CRK bexp someday.

Excuse me but in what universe Soren is more fragile than Ilyana?

Specifically considering his avoid lead.

I am not refereing to that +4 avoid you get from speed cap but from Dark Affinity that is obviously in A support by now + Ike's hax stars vs. lol miccy stars and lol light affinity and only potential support A pair (for silver army) being like... Rhys? Laura?

Yeah good luck with that hon

Oh did I mention Every Avoid point counts because only sage's use is resolve regardless of the route.

Why are you comparing Soren with Ike's stars to Ilyana with Micaiah's? That doesn't make any sense. Also, why should they have resolve? And give me numbers to show that the avoid lead is relevant. Even a 20 point lead can be irrelevant when we are still talking 30+ hit rates with being 2HKOd. I'd rather take 3HKOd at 50% than 2HKOd at 30 listed any day of the week. You may differ on that opinion. And what mode are you talking about? In NM Soren is way way better than Ilyana and actually has an argument for an Ike support (beat Soren first in 3-13, obv). Then he can have respectable durability and he should have the speed and power to ORKO stuff at 1-2 range. But on HM? No way is Soren doing much of anything. You have a quarter of the bexp so you can't afford to spam him to decent stats then promote with the crown. You aren't even advocating an IkexSoren support so his durability is trash forever.

Aren't all magic users kinda crap in hardmode because of their speed cap ?

More like their bases and growths or their availability. But I like having a sage or two in Micky's path and Tibarn's path 'cause sages are fun.

Even then, she requires a bit too much love and probably nearly all your speedwings. Funny how i have the patience to train Fiona but dont give two shits about Ilyana...

I have never onced used a Speedwing on Ilyana in Radiant Dawn. And she's one of my absolute favourite characters, so I use her on every playthrough.

she can be tough to train, but IMO it's usually worth it.

I take it she's harder to train on Normal mode or hard mode. I wouldn't know. I'm too lazy to play either.

You should not use Ilyana. Even amongst Sages, Soren is better.

So? Just because someone is better doesn't mean you should completely avoid other units like them.

Boyd is better than Nolan. But does that mean you should shun Nolan out forever? No.

Mia is better than Edward. But does that mean you should shun Edward out forever? No.

Ilyana might not be the best, but that's because her magic got nerfed in this game. Soren's magic didn't, so people still assume he's better, even though both mages, (and Calill/Tormod) are equal.

Now I'm going to ignore this thread. Simply because I get irritated at someone who bad mouths my favourite character, so I should get off this thread.

But before I go, Ilyana has never disappointed me. True, I only ever play on Easy, but that's because I feel absolutely no need to play on normal. Oh, whoopie. A bigger difficulty. Don't care. She's good on Easy. GOOD. Not the best, not the worst. If you use her, and she turns out bad for you, then, that sucks. But, she's better than someone like Meg who's even more of a pain to train. If you want a great mage, Pelleas is most likely second best. Use hacks once he's capped, and give him SS in Thunder. There, a Rexbolt user. But, this isn't about Pelleas, it's about Ilyana. And I always had a fun time using her, and I will continue to.

I will most likely not reply to anyone who replies to me.

[/ignores thread]

More like their bases and growths or their availability. But I like having a sage or two in Micky's path and Tibarn's path 'cause sages are fun.

I guess it all comes together even jf they were speed blessed they still wouldn't be vary useful for combat. Soren is still okay with has Ike support

Edited by The_Purple_Knight

I have never onced used a Speedwing on Ilyana in Radiant Dawn. And she's one of my absolute favourite characters, so I use her on every playthrough.

OH BOY

HERE WE GO

I take it she's harder to train on Normal mode or hard mode. I wouldn't know. I'm too lazy to play either.

So? Just because someone is better doesn't mean you should completely avoid other units like them.

Boyd is better than Nolan. But does that mean you should shun Nolan out forever? No.

Mia is better than Edward. But does that mean you should shun Edward out forever? No.

Then you have Largo and Zihark. They're there, but why bother with them for any reason but novelty?

Ilyana might not be the best, but that's because her magic got nerfed in this game. Soren's magic didn't, so people still assume he's better, even though both mages, (and Calill/Tormod) are equal.

Now I'm going to ignore this thread. Simply because I get irritated at someone who bad mouths my favourite character, so I should get off this thread.

But before I go, Ilyana has never disappointed me. True, I only ever play on Easy, but that's because I feel absolutely no need to play on normal. Oh, whoopie. A bigger difficulty. Don't care. She's good on Easy. GOOD.

I don't think they were talking about Easy, so this is sort of a moot point. I mean, you could just as easily bring up that Ilyana eats more on screen than any other sage, but what's the point? How is it relevant?

WELL TORMOD IS A GINGER SO HE MUST BE THE BEST SAGE

Use hacks once he's capped, and give him SS in Thunder.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it all makes sense now.

If you're hacking anyway, just hack Ilyana's caps so she gets 50 in everything and caprams at 20/20/1.

I will most likely not reply to anyone who replies to me.

[/ignores thread]

PEMN Thank you for your time.

Lol I like how everybody (including me) discuss if Ilyana is a worthy Kirby, and the topic creator makes no presence, lulz.

Some men just want to watch the world burn...

Edited by Anti-Social Knight 2.0

I guess it all comes together even jf they were speed blessed they still wouldn't be vary useful for combat. Soren is still okay with has Ike support

That depends on how speed blessed they are. The entire game is not the final few chapters where the caps might actually matter. And Soren x Ike on HM is a bad idea. Unless you like making things more difficult for yourself, of course.

Why are you comparing Soren with Ike's stars to Ilyana with Micaiah's? That doesn't make any sense. Also, why should they have resolve? And give me numbers to show that the avoid lead is relevant. Even a 20 point lead can be irrelevant when we are still talking 30+ hit rates with being 2HKOd. I'd rather take 3HKOd at 50% than 2HKOd at 30 listed any day of the week. You may differ on that opinion. And what mode are you talking about? In NM Soren is way way better than Ilyana and actually has an argument for an Ike support (beat Soren first in 3-13, obv). Then he can have respectable durability and he should have the speed and power to ORKO stuff at 1-2 range. But on HM? No way is Soren doing much of anything. You have a quarter of the bexp so you can't afford to spam him to decent stats then promote with the crown. You aren't even advocating an IkexSoren support so his durability is trash forever.

A) Every sage goes to silver army (and thus gets miccy's authority "stars" worth avoid bonus) expect Greil Forced Soren (who gets the ike's ones)

B) Sages suck in speed so they either use resolve or suck in combat.

C) Resolver sage is pretty much always ohkoed while in resolve range so Avoid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durability

D) Soren is better than Ilyana regardless of mode and if used has easily dibs on some greil army going greil merc unit to have A support with. As for greil army units going to silver army for ilyana to have support with... Haar? GL justifying that

E) Soren's affinity is infinitely superior for resolver

Edited by Sho.M.the.English.Major

A) Every sage goes to silver army (and thus gets miccy's authority "stars" worth avoid bonus) expect Greil Forced Soren (who gets the ike's ones)

Except lolTormod. :P

C) Resolver sage is pretty much always ohkoed while in resolve range so Avoid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Durability

D) Soren is better than Ilyana regardless of mode and if used has easily dibs on some greil army going greil merc unit to have A support with. As for greil army units going to silver army for ilyana to have support with... Haar? GL justifying that

Also, Ilyana's biorhythm makes it so that she will never be at best biorhythm, but it also means she'll never be at worst biorhythm. So assuming they're both 20/20 with 23 AS and no support bonuses or leadership stars...

Ilyana looks at 63/53 avoid vs. Soren's 68/48 avoid. If we're comparing them at their best, Soren wins, but if we're comparing them at their worst, Ilyana wins.

And then you realize if you glue Soren and Ike together, they get an extra 35 avoid at most. Even if you somehow cart Nephenee or lolRofl over to support her, she'll only be getting an extra 7.5 avoid at best. If you turtle really hard, you miiiiiiiight be able to get an Earth support (+22.5 avoid at most) on her from the DB for Part 4 at the cost of seriously gimping the Dawn Brigade with a useless support for Part 3 that you can't capitalize on.

Why?

They don't suck that badly, even on HM.

And without Ike (a stupid support on HM) Soren now faces way too high cods while Ilyana still doubles some things and, you know, won't die to a breeze?

This is so heavily tied to your A and B that they might as well be the same thing. In fact, all of it is tied to A and B, and A and B are false, so...

They don't suck that badly, even on HM.

That depends on how efficiently you play.

And without Ike (a stupid support on HM) Soren now faces way too high cods while Ilyana still doubles some things and, you know, won't die to a breeze?

Actually, Ilyana doesn't double anything. A 20/15/1 Ilyana only has 23AS which doubles literally nothing in Part 4 (a few things even double her), and it's unlikely she'll have significantly more than that in an efficiency playthrough, since she can't target it with BEXP. Even if she could double, Ilyana rarely 2HKOes, having only 36ATK with a forged fire tome and having no stronger alternatives until she reaches either S Fire or SS Thunder. Moreover, Ilyana is still not very durable since many opponents have a chance to crit her thanks to her abysmal luck. This is a problem that Soren faces, but it's not quite as serious since his avoid is better and Swordmasters don't double him. Moreover, Soren can take Resolve, since unlike Ilyana, he has enough avoid to be survivable in resolve territory.

In addition, it's a bit silly to say that IkexSoren is a stupid support in HM. Training both Soren and Ilyana is a stupid move to make, on virtually any difficulty. I don't even think that the IkexSoren support is that bad.