Anyone Else Finding Bravely Default Difficult?

Zukonima

So I got Bravely Default today (Collector's edition FTW) But I seem to be barely beating these bosses and my characters see to get KO'd all the time :/ It took me over 30 minutes to beat Heinkel and i barely lived. My party's also been wiped out a couple times. I'm playing on normal and this is one of my first JRPG's, so am I just losing from inexperience with the genre? Are any of you guys having difficulty too?

the first boss battle was boring since I could only attack at the part. I will try to remain under leveled for tougher fights.

Just learn their strategy, if they build up a certain bravery and unleash upon you. Default that round and pound them the next while they are recovering.

Edited by sifer

Bravely Default is not an easy game if you stay at a reasonable level, but if you find yourself having trouble with even the first few bosses, you probably aren't making good use of the Brave/Default system. When in doubt, consider switching the difficulty to Easy.

This game, as I heard from Marthur, is super easy with Ninjas.

Something about 50 attacks in one turn, etc.

Also, my Collector's Edition shipped from GameStop yesterday, so I'll probably get mine on Monday or Tuesday. ;~;

Not that it matters. I'm pretty busy, anyway.

Edited by Not-an-Apple

This game, as I heard from Marthur, is super easy with Ninjas.

There's a pretty broken skillset that involves ninjas (you basically become invincible to everything except magic), yes, but you only get all the required skills for it rather late in the game (if at all) unless you grind.

The whole strategy in Bravely Default is to time the correct use of brave and drfault. Default when the boss is invincible (or preparing a deciding attack), Brave when the boss is weak (normally after said attack).

Also bosses tend to have an attack pattern, so observe closely and use that pattern against them.

And finally, don't forget to exploit their weaknesses. Either use the "Examine" skill of Freeloader or just try it out with a mage class. Or to save you some effort:

[spoiler=Heinkel's weakness]is lightning attacks.

The game itself is a lot of trial and error, I got my team whiped out several times as well ;)