Vanguard Dawn Reward Recommendations?

SaMaster14

So... who have you used your goodies from the Vanguard Dawn DLC on?

Skills: Veteran's Intuition, Aether, Heavy Blade (tbh, idk what veteran's intuition and heavy blade actually do...)

Also, who did you use the Vanguard Brand on? Anyone benefit from it in particular?

[** I'm playing Revelations, so I have every character available minus the 3 you can't get, including all children]

I'd say the most obvious one would be give Veteran's Intuition to Arthur since it gives him +15 crit evade. Works for Kaze too since he has pretty low luck.

Heavy Blade gives you +3 strength and -1 speed so any particularly fast but weak characters like Kaze or Setsuna appreciate it a lot.

I'd say the most obvious one would be give Veteran's Intuition to Arthur since it gives him +15 crit evade. Works for Kaze too since he has pretty low luck.

Heavy Blade gives you +3 strength and -1 speed so any particularly fast but weak characters like Kaze or Setsuna appreciate it a lot.

Thanks for the advice!

I'm thinking of using the Vanguard Brand on Fuga, any other thoughts?

Edited by SaMaster14

Thanks for the advice!

Vanguard has better HP/Strength Growths, semi-average Luck/Defense Growths and below average Skill/Speed...while everything else is rather...bad. For just comedy and entertainment for my 1st Gen Males, I made Odin, Arthur and Niles all Vanguards.

For growths looking at Serenes Forest without applying individual character growths added in:

*HP and Strength (20%).

*Skill and Speed (5%)

*Luck (10%)

*Defense (15%)

*Magic and Resistance (0%)

**Yep, this fits Ike, pretty decent for a physical fighter but crappy use for anything magical.

The only thing I would say about Aether is to put it on someone with high skill since its activation rate is only half of a unit's skill. Off the top of my head, Arthur, Saizo, Beruka, Takumi, and Laslow have really high skill. It could also help Laslow's mediocre defense as well. Since Takumi shoots at range, the healing aspect isn't as useful for him.

Unless you can get multiples of great lord that I'm not aware of (and this is only for aether) I'd put the skill scrolls on female characters.

Males can always just go vanguard themselves.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Thanks for the advice!

The DLC class change items are best for early-game unpremoted units since they provide a stat boost equivalent to promotion without any drawbacks. They are less useful for units like Ryoma, Fuga and Camilla who already hoin in effective classes and will receive minimal boosts.

Fuga is also not a unit who's in it for the long term: he has incredibly low growths (his highest growth is 20, which most characters have as their lowest stat) and the Brand won't fix that.

Unless you have a lot of Skill-based character statues and are planning to use it on a unit with a high Skill stat, Aether isn't too good on its own due to its activation rate being half of the user's Skill stat. Aether can be really good to have in a procstack build (ie. stack Aether with any of the following: Luna, Ignis, Rend Heaven, and/or Dragon Fang or stuff it with your Nohrian Trust procbot if the lead unit has Nohrian Trust).

Edited by Roflolxp54