Matthewtheman's FE8 CC RR Draft

Katie

Here's the patch: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=63349

You might also want to look at the thread for the original version for more info. It's linked in the fan hack repository.

Also look at this google doc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1m2fj_tF9YE-WERBbEo_x4nYVxURQHjqQHIjktSo8qF4/edit#gid=0

That's the doc containing the calculations I did before making the patch. The stats for some characters will likely be a little off from what you see in-game, but who replaces whom is the same and an important thing to note.

First I'll explain what my patch is. In essence, it's a FE8RR patch that, unlike the other one, includes the creature campaign characters. I created it precisely for this reason. I originally made it back in November, and updated it today, something I've been meaning to do for a while but didn't get around to until now, due to laziness and my hard drive crashing back in late december. The version released today is far from final, but doing a draft of it will certainly help with determining ways it could be improved for a future version. Now on to the important stuff:

DRAFT RULES

Drafting

1. For 4 people, with 7 characters each

2. Like a regular FE8 draft, the lords (in this case Lyon and Cormag), Orson, Tethys, and Myrrh are free to use.

3. Rennac is also free to use because unlike Seth Fado doesn't break the game into tiny little pieces so I didn't ban him, but I needed to keep the draftable unit list divisible by four, so I decided to free up the thief utility character.

4. The game will be played on hard mode, because normal mode is too easy.

5. This is a standard draft, meaning everyone drafts their own units, and it goes in an order of 1,2,3,4,4,3,2,1,1,2,3,4,etc...

Rules
1. Undrafted units may recruit characters, rescue undrafted units and NPCs, trade, visit Shops and Armories and dig up items in the desert.
2. Undrafted units may not do anything not listed above, including but not limited to meatshielding, building Supports, and opening Doors or Chests.
3. Map shopping is allowed.

4. Skirmishes and they tower are allowed, but using them WILL count towards your turn count, so use them at your own discretion.

5. Defend chapters count the last played Player Phase for turns if the timer is waited out.

6. If you flee a skirmish, the turn you flee does not count towards your total turns provided you didn't take any actions before fleeing. This means if a skirmish is in your way, you can safely enter it and immediately flee without adding anything to your turn count.

Penalties:

1. Undrafted units have a 4 turn penalty, per unit per chapter.

Now, I'm gonna go ahead and draft mai waifu Marisa. And since I'm sure no one wants to be stuck with him, on my next turn I'll be nice and draft Knoll, unless one of you want him for some reason. But for now he's up for grabs.

Teams:

Matthewtheman: Marisa, Knoll, Amelia, Tana, Innes, Saleh, Riev *DONE*

Fateborn: Valter, Caellach, L'Arachel, Lute, Dozla, Joshua, Artur *DONE*

Golbez: Ephraim, Ismaire, Syrene, Gerik, Natasha, Forde, Fado *DONE*

Paradigm: Glen, Selena, Hayden, Duessel, Ewan, Kyle, Colm *DONE*

Units remaining:

Fado

Valter

Hayden

Glen

Selena

Ismaire

Riev

Caellach

Syrene

Knoll

Duessel

Ewan

Saleh

Dozla

L'Arachel

Marisa

Gerik

Innes

Amelia

Tana

Kyle

Forde

Ephraim

Joshua

Natasha

Lute

Artur

Colm

So is anyone up for this? Feel free to make your first pick upon volunteering, as it'll make the drafting process go faster. And while you're by no means required to draft him early, if you intend on drafting Knoll for whatever reason, please let me know ASAP.

Also, feel free to suggests changes to the rules. They aren't set in stone.

Edited by Matthewtheman

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've managed to convince my brother to make a SF account and join the draft. He hasn't made it yet, as he's going to bed rn, but he's drafted Ephraim.

Ephraim.

I refused to do this unless he put Lyon in a base class. (He wouldn't make the rapier you get at the beginning a tome though).

Nice to see you've made your joining official. Now we just need one more person. If we don't get another by like 8:00 PM EST, I'll probably change this to a three person draft. Hopefully someone else'll join though.

I just realized I forgot to remove the Lyon penalty, which is obviously not needed anymore because he's in a base class now with his normal growths. I fixed it though,