Your Top 5 Sega Genesis/Megadrive Games

Jedi

Easy enough to explain. I saw the others and felt like I needed to jump in

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles

2. Sonic The Hedgehog 2

3. The Adventures of Batman & Robin [i played this so much with my Mother when I was younger]

4. Streets of Rage II

5. Phantasy Star IV

I can't fit Castlevania: Bloodlines, Golden Axe, Gunstar Heroes and quite a few others. RAGE xD

Edited by Jedi

1. Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles

2. Shining force~

3. Streets of Rage 2

4. Castlevania Bloodlines

5. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - The Hyperstone Heist

:D

Edited by Ice Sage

Are you srs.

1. Sonic 3 & Knuckles

2. Shining Force 2

3. Streets of Rage

4. Vectorman

5. Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine... what?

Go do a Top 5 CD-I games now. :P

Dammit there's to many good games.

Honorable mention to GOLDEN AXE, SHINOBI, and CONTRA: HARD CORPS because I can.

Edited by Xinux Xinstar

1. Thunder Force III

2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2

3. Ghouls n Ghosts

4. Streets of Rage 2

5. Vectorman 2

I'm gonna be the only person who says Thunder Force III huh? Although I never played Thunder Force IV which is more sadface.

I'm not too good at arranging games I like into a numeric order so I'll just mention a few that I really liked a lot which some might not have played back in the day.

Toejam and Earl: This game is funky as fuck. It centers around the two titular characters, and is meant to be played multiplayer, with one person controlling each of the characters. It's a top down (sort of) action-adventure game, the object being to gradually head up elevators through randomly generated space worlds looking for parts to their spaceship. It's really a colorful game and there's a lot to explore and see. Whether you're getting your fortune told from a wise man in a carrot suit or running frantically away from a phantom Ice Cream truck, there's always something colorful happening.

toejam-and-earl-03.png

Shinobi III. This isn't your dad's platformer. It's responsive, gritty, and holy shit you're doing so much. One level you're jumping around some caves and then suddenly you're surfing across the ocean on a kickass hoverboard from Back to the Future. I liked the original Shinobi but it was hard as fuck. Shinobi III was pretty hard too later on, but it felt fair hard, and at least you could get farther. Also the attacks were just all around better and more fun to use. Check this game out, it's pretty badass and also just looks amazing.

shinobi-3-return-of-the-ninja-master-04.

Alisia Dragoon: Oh man this game just has an amazing soundtrack.

.The gameplay was a kind of tough sidescroller with anime influences. One pretty cool thing about it is that you could summon familiars from Alisia's arsenal at any time, and they'd over time level up and change in appearance, eventually getting stronger and looking a lot cooler. But you had to manage them well, because they could eventually get killed off if you weren't careful. Also, it was made by Gainax guys. Yeah, that Gainax. Go play it.

alisia-dragoon-megadrive-1305638443-020.

Edited by Esau of Isaac

Thank you good sir for reminding me of Shinobi and Alisia Dragoon.

Toejam and Earl on the other hand I never had a chance to play ^^;

In no particular order...

1) Streets of Rage

2) Golden Axe

3) Sonic the Hedgehog series (especially the second one)

4) Flicky (so addicting...)

5) Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (yes, I love puyo puyos)

Let's see. Sonic fan incoming.

1. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
2. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
3. Sonic the Hedgehog
4. Sonic 3D: Flickies' Island
5. Streets of Rage II

I also played Sonic Spinball a lot. I got to the final stage once, and lost. That game was fucking ROLID.

Other games include Dick Tracey, the detective in a yellow trenchcoat and hat, killing bad guys and winning the day.

My driving roots spawn from early childhood. I was probably 6 or 7 when I completed Turbo Outrun, but I can't remember whether or not I'd beaten Super Hang-On or not. When I beat Turbo Outrun, I remember calling my Grandmother to my room, "Nan I beat the game come and see :D" Then a CG popped up of the driver guy somewhat passionately embracing and kissing his female blonde passenger. I learned how to poker face at a young age.

I also remember having an American Football-style game, but being played by fucking ROBOTS. I was awful at it.