Best build/final class for an offensive Corrin?

bunnynoah

Hello!

I was wondering what kind of build would make Corrin an offensive beast. I know Corrin is a *ahem* interesting unit that some would say is better as a supporting character, but I want him/her to be suited for the front lines. So what I asking for is this:

- What Gender should he/she be?

- What asset/flaw/talent should he/she have?

- What character should he/she marry/S support with?

- I'm on Revelations.

Thanks for any and all help.

Edit: I would prefer 1-2 range if it is possible.

Edited by bunnynoah

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!

I was wondering what kind of build would make Corrin an offensive beast. I know Corrin is a *ahem* interesting unit that some would say is better as a supporting character, but I want him/her to be suited for the front lines. So what I asking for is this:

- What Gender should he/she be?

- What asset/flaw/talent should he/she have?

- What character should he/she marry/S support with?

- I'm on Revelations.

Thanks for any and all help.

Edit: I would prefer 1-2 range if it is possible.

*The Asset/Flaw sometimes influences what Talent should be taken. An example that you don't need to use is: +Mag/-Str, this makes you a magical powerhouse so your Talent should be something that uses the Magic Stat more often. Outside of Nohr Noble...Strategist, Sorcerer, Malig Knight and Dark Knight are all magical attackers (with the latter two and Nohr Noble being melee attackers as well). With DLC, Dark Falcon, Dread Fighter and Grandmaster can use both physical and magical weapons. Serenes Forest shows all possible stat modifiers for Asset/Flaw which helps.

*S-Support should (but again you don't need to use it or listen to me) be someone who's primary (if non-unique and non-DLC) or secondary (if the primary class is unique) class is viable to help you gain some synergy with your main class. If your Asset/Flaw isn't Str/Mag, then you have more versatility as you can pair up with anyone without being stuck with partners who's classes help your Asset. Ex: You chose Ninja as your talent (you have great skill/speed but poor Lck/Def with average Res). You'll want someone who can learn defensive skills such as Pavise/Aegis and possibly A-Rank someone with Renewal/Vantage.

*Gender doesn't really matter. However it should be noted that Female Kamui can access all non-DLC and non-enemy only classes thanks to being able to A-Rank support all female characters who have just about every class in-game available as their primary classes. Male Kamui requires you to take one of Rinkah's primary classes to obtain one of the promoted classes then marrying her to get the other secondary class.

*Outside of Nohr Noble...every class can use weapons that can attack from 1-2 or 2-3 range, although some (Bolt/Flame weapons, E-Rank Bronze Weapons and E-Rank Tomes not named Brynhildr) can't critical-hit or activate offensive trigger skills.

In the end, the choice is up to you, we can help but there's a lot of options to pick from. Kamui overall can learn just about every skill in-game so there's no issue in Revelations on gathering skills from them as they can A-Support everyone.

If you don't mind DLC classes, I'm quite fond of +speed -luck dread fighter/master ninja F corrin (to get awakening from great lord), and abuse vantage + awakening, and hoshi unity+dragon fang + aether with a good shuriken. Probably barb shuriken (nerfs avo though)

Perhaps pair with jakob with his personal skill. Get dual guardsman from lodestar perhaps for extra insurance.

Boon: No clue on what you want, so Speed

Bane: Defense (the only Bane that doesn't reduce the caps for Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed)

Character to S-support with: You decide, though for best results, consider one of the children characters (not Rhajat if you're playing as female avatar)

I can't provide much help -- you're not very specific on what you're looking for aside of "offensive" build.

+Speed/-Defense allows you to have high Speed with no drop on other offensive stats

Stat cap mods from this combo:

0 STR

0 MAG

+2 SKL

+4 SPD

+1 LCK

-3 DEF

-1 RES

When I mean offensive, I mean someone who can ORKO while barely, if not at all being scratched in the prosses. Also, I have access to DLC.

Edited by bunnynoah

Boon: No clue on what you want, so Speed

Bane: Defense (the only Bane that doesn't reduce the caps for Strength, Magic, Skill, and Speed)

Character to S-support with: You decide, though for best results, consider one of the children characters (not Rhajat if you're playing as female avatar)

I can't provide much help -- you're not very specific on what you're looking for aside of "offensive" build.

+Speed/-Defense allows you to have high Speed with no drop on other offensive stats

Stat cap mods from this combo:

0 STR

0 MAG

+2 SKL

+4 SPD

+1 LCK

-3 DEF

-1 RES

Out of curiosity seeing how you're pulling the mods for boon/bane, what mods are there for +Spd/-Mag and +Spd/-Lck considering that both Robin and Kamui in their respective games had rather good Luck stats even with a negative flaw?

When I mean offensive, I mean someone who can ORKO while barely, if not at all being scratched in the prosses. Also, I have access to DLC.

Well you might want to build many statues to boost your stats up (takes time to do so since you need to Support a lot to get Level 2 Statues and story chapters also affect Statue Levels).

Additionally, RNG tends to both help and curse players. Breaker Skills + Dual Weapons force mindgames for both you and the opponent, however since 5 skills are at most available regardless, you'll want to consider that you'll still get hit a lot in PvP even with the 'right' skills but you can minimize being hit in PvE (with the exception to endgame bosses who tend to be able to hit you especially Revelations where the final boss still has a high chance of striking you).

*Offensive Trigger Skills that do lots of damage: Rend Heaven (very popular for damage scaling but situational), Ignis (Male only and DLC but is good on mixed attackers), Aether (DLC but versatile and very powerful), Dragon Fang (useful no matter what and very beginner friendly), Vengeance (PvE is best since Hexing Rod in PvP ruins it) and Luna (useful against any opponent).

*Defensive Skills: Vantage, Renewal, Pavise/Aegis, Awakening (Female Only), Breaker Skills, Dragonic Hex, .

*Support: Nohrian Trust, Hoshido Unity

**Feel free to add anymore skills to the list since I'm still thinking of more.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Well that does sound like the setup I suggested. Getting to 50% HP with vantage, awakening, a good shuriken (probably barb for extra chance at randomly killing something. Doesn't have to be), and two offensive triggers usually means whatever attacks you will die because of shuriken's 1-2 range retaliation that procs offensive triggers and +30 crit.

Even if it doesn't you have +45 avo from awakening and jakob, and guard.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

I've found +Speed, -Defense to be the best combo for the reasons listed above. Being able to double is probably the single best way to ORKO enemies and -Defense doesn't affect Strength, Magic, or Speed.

Out of curiosity seeing how you're pulling the mods for boon/bane, what mods are there for +Spd/-Mag and +Spd/-Lck considering that both Robin and Kamui in their respective games had rather good Luck stats even with a negative flaw?

+SPD/-MAG: 0 STR, -3 MAG, +2 SKL, +3 SPD, +2 LCK, 0 DEF, -1 RES

+SPD/-LCK: -1 STR, -1 MAG, +2 SKL, +4 SPD, -1 LCK, 0 DEF, 0 RES

In Awakening, the Luck cap hardly mattered as almost all promoted/special classes' max Luck is 55 before mods. The only time the cap does matter is not getting a 100% activation rate for Armsthrift (namely if you somehow made a Noire!Morgan with max 48 Luck cap as a promoted/special unit).

That doesn't really help much in deciding what avatar to build for the main game since almost any build can do that.

For PvP though, you're basically asking for the impossible since you can only equip up to 5 non-personal skills at a time.

Edited by Roflolxp54

The former is what I tend to use in Fates as I rarely have Kamui use Tomes/Scrolls or even Dragonstone+ (when I can use +2+ Dual Weapons to screw up my opponent's weapon advantages and my own for fun). My issue (as Fates becomes even worse) with reducing Defense/Resistance is that online battles become harder when enemies stack statues for common stats (Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed). Doubling the enemy is more common so seeing many +Speed Statues isn't rare and seeing how many Strength/Magic users there are who capitalize in those stats, compromising defensive stats means that defensive alignments (skills) are quite needed to survive. It's ok to lose some offensive power to balance out your stats, but that's just me because I use supporting or common defense skills such as Pavise/Aegis and Renewal to compensate for any damage I take.

+3~+5 Speed when having Speed as a Boon is enough to double every enemy in Fates that's an NPC (unless they are endgame bosses and/or have Wary Fighter as regular enemies). PvP, Speed is more of a requisite since you don't want to be doubled at all.

In Awakening, the Luck cap hardly mattered as almost all promoted/special classes' max Luck is 55 before mods. The only time the cap does matter is not getting a 100% activation rate for Armsthrift (namely if you somehow made a Noire!Morgan with max 48 Luck cap as a promoted/special unit).

That doesn't really help much in deciding what avatar to build for the main game since almost any build can do that.

For PvP though, you're basically asking for the impossible since you can only equip up to 5 non-personal skills at a time.

Then what would you recommend for a +spd/-def PvP build?

The former is what I tend to use in Fates as I rarely have Kamui use Tomes/Scrolls or even Dragonstone+ (when I can use +2+ Dual Weapons to screw up my opponent's weapon advantages and my own for fun). My issue (as Fates becomes even worse) with reducing Defense/Resistance is that online battles become harder when enemies stack statues for common stats (Strength/Magic/Skill/Speed). Doubling the enemy is more common so seeing many +Speed Statues isn't rare and seeing how many Strength/Magic users there are who capitalize in those stats, compromising defensive stats means that defensive alignments (skills) are quite needed to survive. It's ok to lose some offensive power to balance out your stats, but that's just me because I use supporting or common defense skills such as Pavise/Aegis and Renewal to compensate for any damage I take.

+3~+5 Speed when having Speed as a Boon is enough to double every enemy in Fates that's an NPC (unless they are endgame bosses and/or have Wary Fighter as regular enemies). PvP, Speed is more of a requisite since you don't want to be doubled at all.

+4 is the max stat cap modifier for any stat and is only possible if the stat in question is the Boon (and can be lowered to +3 because of certain Banes).

To put some perspective, Awakening's Apotheosis: some players running dedicated builds for easy and strategic clears usually don't give a crap about Defense and Resistance as long as they meet certain thresholds (no getting ORKO'd or no OHKO'd by an enemy unit), even in runs in which no other DLC is used in execution and even without the need of Rally skills!

Defensive/Healing skills? Aside of Vantage, who needs them when you can use staffbots?

What's often the case here is who gets the first strike as that can potentially decide the whole battle and/or who gets the momentum.

Depends on what you're looking to do. Want to do as much physical damage as possible? Be a berserker. Want lots of doubling shenanigans while being something of an dodgetank? Be a swordsmaster. Want to make lots of bloody magic? Play as a girl and be a Witch.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Could you name a few classes that you would like to use? That would help thin down the possible skills that would help each of those classes that Kamui will have.

+4 is the max stat cap modifier for any stat and is only possible if the stat in question is the Boon (and can be lowered to +3 because of certain Banes).

To put some perspective, Awakening's Apotheosis: some players running dedicated builds for easy and strategic clears usually don't give a crap about Defense and Resistance as long as they meet certain thresholds (no getting ORKO'd or no OHKO'd by an enemy unit), even in runs in which no other DLC is used in execution and even without the need of Rally skills!

Defensive/Healing skills? Aside of Vantage, who needs them when you can use staffbots?

What's often the case here is who gets the first strike as that can potentially decide the whole battle and/or who gets the momentum.

Depends on what you're looking to do. Want to do as much physical damage as possible? Be a berserker. Want lots of doubling shenanigans while being something of an dodgetank? Be a swordsmaster. Want to make lots of bloody magic? Play as a girl and be a Witch.

Staffbots would be wonderful for PvE (especially during some annoying chapters in Conquest and Revelations or even during some Paralogues in every path) if staves had infinite use. Sadly, there's no Galeforce effect for an additional act after healing another unit outside of Azura's Singing which costs her her own act.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Question of my own; where can I find the Avo values of each class?

Base Avoid is calculated using the unit's Speed and Luck. And you can check the unit's stat screen.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Could you name a few classes that you would like to use? That would help thin down the possible skills that would help each of those classes that Kamui will have.

Staffbots would be wonderful for PvE (especially during some annoying chapters in Conquest and Revelations or even during some Paralogues in every path) if staves had infinite use. Sadly, there's no Galeforce effect for an additional act after healing another unit outside of Azura's Singing which costs her her own act.

I always liked the idea of a magical unit, is Omnyoji any good?

It's a good magical class, has access to staves/rods for support if you feel 'threatened' to where attacking won't help your Avatar. +Mag is a choice for additional magical power at the cost of -Str modifier which isn't a big deal if you stick to using magic alone. +Spd is recommended if you do any PvP unless you can get Lvl 2 Statues that increase your Speed stat after it caps. If you stick to magical strength, -Def wouldn't hurt, even if you become more prone to melee class enemies. Omnyoji/Sorcerer is a good class but Lancebreaker/Shurikenbreaker would be nice to somewhat 'remove' your weapon disadvantage, the latter is a bit better for PvP since Shuriken/Dagger debuffs can ruin anyone's day if you get debuff-stacked. Nohr Noble (one of Kamui's two main promotional classes) is also a magical class while being physical as well so you don't get walled by anything that can tank magical blasts.

Roflolxp54, do you have anything to add? I'm trying to create some builds that would complement a Omnyoji/Sorcerer/Witch atm.

Edited by Emblem Blade

Staves don't have infinite use either in Awakening, let alone Galeforce activating outside of combat being a thing. It's a common tactic to have multiple staffbots (Rescue staves are considered overpowered for this reason) as they not only can pull Rescuebots to safety, but they can also completely neutralize the Enemy Phase.

It's not bad but Witch has more Magic and Speed as well as S-rank max tome/scoll rank on top of hidden class bonuses. Staves aren't going to be too useful as Onmyoji doesn't have the same mobility as a Falcon Knight (the class most frequently used as a staffbot/Rallybot).

Edited by Roflolxp54

If you're looking for a juggernaut spellcaster, sorc/tome user with shadowgift to use nosferatu is what you'd want.

edit: sorc and witch can S rank tomes for the game's one and only anti-flier tome.

I like tomefare + replicate + vantage. As long as you don't get one-shot from >50% HP/miss, you can stand next to your clone while nosferatu is equipped and win PvE really. Other two skills would likely be warp and shadowgift.

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

Staves don't have infinite use either in Awakening, let alone Galeforce activating outside of combat being a thing. It's a common tactic to have multiple staffbots (Rescue staves are considered overpowered for this reason) as they not only can pull Rescuebots to safety, but they can also completely neutralize the Enemy Phase.

It's not bad but Witch has more Magic and Speed as well as S-rank max tome/scoll rank on top of hidden class bonuses. Staves aren't going to be too useful as Onmyoji doesn't have the same mobility as a Falcon Knight (the class most frequently used as a staffbot/Rallybot).

I was trying to refer to that if Staves had infinite use if such a player-skill exists (never will seeing how the only skill for it is Enemy-Only) then Staffbots would be effective for very hard challenging maps that tend to drain your resources in battle faster than normal. This statement only applies for Staves/Rods that recover another unit's HP.

Witch if he plans to go for a Female Kamui. Once Warp is released, Warping Replicate users will become too common for PvP, RIP player-base.

If you're looking for a juggernaut spellcaster, sorc/tome user with shadowgift to use nosferatu is what you'd want.

edit: sorc and witch can S rank tomes for the game's one and only anti-flier tome.

I like tomefare + replicate + vantage. As long as you don't get one-shot from >50% HP/miss, you can stand next to your clone while nosferatu is equipped and win PvE really. Other two skills would likely be warp and shadowgift.

Shadowgift isn't out yet in regions outside of JP unless you powersave. Sorcerer is still a magical juggernaut, Witch can do the same once it is released.

Replicate + Aether, if the latter procs enough, you shouldn't need to bother using another unit to heal you (even though Replicate users share HP with their clones... :/). Vantage is a go for Replicate users since it mocks fun of enemies. Replicate + 2-3 Breaker Skills + 1-2 Offensive Trigger Skills + Vantage is something I'm wondering about for a non-paired up unit.

Oh I thought each class actually had it's own base avo values/speed -> avo scaling, like how berserkers and snipers just have higher inherent crit than most.

The scaling is the same, but the s rank classes tend to have bonuses to hit, avoid, crit, and/or dodge (crit avoid). These tend to be around +5% or +10% for any given stat, and can be found on the main site on the class base stats page

Witch isn't available yet... I've also decided on male.....

If you chose Male and don't want to Witch...go Sorcerer if you want full magical power, if you like some supporting potential while using full magic, Omnyoji is a decent unit who can both Tome/Scroll with Staves/Rods. Nohr Noble also works as does Malig Knight, Dark Knight and Grandmaster (DLC) since they also provide ways to muscle past magical tanks.

Edited by Emblem Blade