C. Lopey vs. greenminid
D. zerosabers vs. Darrman
E. Refa vs. General Horace
F. Carmine Sword vs. Quintessence
G. Nintales vs. Jedi
H. Baldrick vs. Espinosa

italics - team submitted

Hey folks!

It's been quite a while since we hosted the very first Serenes Arena Cup, which was dedicated to Path of Radiance custom averages metagame, and which was a really memorable event in the community, hence the motivation to host another tournament-format event.

The metagame we're playing this time around is Fire Emblem Awakening max stats, generation 1 units-only. It's a metagame we started playing rather recently, revealing a wealth of potential and room for creativity where every unit is to some extent quite playable. It's still fresh enough to lead to a lot of excitement and unpredictable situations and familiar enough for us to be confident the matches won't be excessively volatile and unstable.

Long-time SF Link Arena player? Rusty veteran who hasn't played for a while? Maybe a newcomer to LA with an interest in joining in? Everyone is welcome to join and share good times had in the event.

The ruleset for the tourney is as follows:

• RobinM/RobinF freely customisable for asset/flaw and skillset; can be given a name (can't have both Robins on the same team)
  • Limit Breaker, All Stats +2, Aggressor, Counter and Lethality are banned
  • No equipment restrictions, but brave-type weapons (Waste/Celice's Gale included) and Aversa's Night cannot be forged
  • Galeforce lets its user act again upon KOing an enemy (cannot be cancelled)
  • Supports and Pair-Up are out
  • Posted teams will not reflect augmented stats via weaponry or skills (i.e. Swordfaire will not be visible on a unit's stat sheet, nor will Speed+2 or Balmung's boost to the same stat)

Should the participants of the tourney come to an agreement that rules need to be modified with an additional ban or restriction, I reserve the right to make an amendment to the above, which will be in effect with the subsequent gameweek (this is based very much on the little Nasir controversy we had in the first tournament).

Be sure to check out the Link Arena resources thread, second post, and our on-site resources for assistance with assembling your team.

Some general guidelines as to what some players consider to be effective and other interesting ideas about the present metagame can be found in the FE13 tier list I started.

Below is a sample of a unit so that you know what your submitted team should look like:

[spoiler=Sample Build]

Espinosa (RobinF)

Dark Knight

+mag -def

Speed+2 / Vengeance / Galeforce / Pavise / Vantage

Balmung

Forseti

Celica's Gale

Brave Sword

Alm's Blade +5 mt +15 hit*

*forgeable weapons are marked with an asterisk in the corresponding FE13 resources post. You can apply a maximum of 8 boosts to each of your forges, one boost being +1 mt, +5 hit, +3 crit, capped at +5 mt, +25 hit and +15 crit respectively

Participants:

1. Espinosa

2. Carmine Sword

3. Nintales

4. ZM

5. Jedi

6. General Horace

7. zerosabers

8. Elieson

9. AnonymousSpeed

10. Dandragon

11. Quintessence

12. Refa

13. Lopey

14. Darrman

15. Baldrick

16. greenminid

Upon signing up, you are encouraged to start working on your team. A bracket of the tournament will be made (double elimination, cup format) as soon as we have finalised the line-up of the users taking part. You send your team to me in PM as soon as you discover who your partner is (and that it isn't me). I'll likely PM some of the teams to other co-hosts to ensure a speedy infrastructure in the most action-packed early days of the event.

Hosts:

1. Espinosa

2. Horace

3. Baldrick

4. Quint

5. Elieson?

I am going to need a couple extra hosts, who are reliable (as in, can generate rounds of combat with apt accuracy), familiar with the games and what builds are legal, and who have the time to host. We should generally be flexible with any changes pertaining to hosting as things unfold, but I believe a small team of 3 or so hosts would be preferred.

Simply post to state you would like to participate in the event. Ask any questions you deem necessary, too.

Edited by Espinosa

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this kinda like the 1v1 battle threads we've been seeing recently?

If so, I think I'll join.

It's a double elimination bracket/cup-type tourney such as the one you can find in this old thread, with every individual game of the cup getting its own thread.

You're welcome to join, and I do recommend you have a closer look around so that there's no confusion when the games start. Ask any questions you need here or in the LA discussion thread.

Mark me as a host (of course)

And why didn't you auto-include me, Espibrosa!~!

Make sure to note that Robin!M and Robin!F are mutually exclusive units, not just that they're customizable.

Edited by Elieson

jesus im gonna get my ass kicked

but who knows maybe my roy luck will shine again

im in

also are we sticking with the same team throughout the tournament

Edited by Dandragon

Added everybody who's signed up so far, including potential hosts.

Hmm.

I think it's better that I sit this out and look on from the side, actually.

Sorry for any inconvenience, and thanks.

Sure, as you wish.

Mark me as a host (of course)

And why didn't you auto-include me, Espibrosa!~!

Make sure to note that Robin!M and Robin!F are mutually exclusive units, not just that they're customizable.

I didn't auto-include anyone besides Carmine who said he wouldn't be able to sign up due to business otherwise. He actually sent me a PM minutes before I posted the thread.

And done. Just said you can't use multiple Robins, which achieves essentially the same thing. It's not until generation 2 games that the choice of Robin starts to really matter.

also are we sticking with the same team throughout the tournament

Was just reading the first pages of the first arena cup and you asked the same thing back then lol.

Yeah, you can change teams between battles and it's a really good idea to do it.

I got peer pressured to join. =(

/in

Jedi I'm guessing? Based on what he said in his last post here. I guess that makes you the first (only?) prize-winner of the first tourney to sign up for the second cup.

Anyhow, 4 free spots remaining.

Jedi I'm guessing? Based on what he said in his last post here. I guess that makes you the first (only?) prize-winner of the first tourney to sign up for the second cup.

Anyhow, 4 free spots remaining.

Yeah, it was him. Just don't expect any similar levels of quality here haha, especially considering I know nothing about the FE13 metagame.

Baldrick signs up despite never having played a game in this meta?! What is he thinking, he'll just get thrashed... unless... could he have a secret weapon up his sleeve?????