The Battle Test is BS

Anacybele

This can't just be bad luck. It seems that no matter what strategy I use, it's always countered right away or inaccurate moves always hit me or side effects always happen too.

For example, I like to use Sunny Day + Solarbeam on my Bellossom because Chlorophyll + one-turn Solarbeam can kick butt. But as soon as I use Sunny Day, the opponent uses Rain Dance literally on the same turn, like they predicted I would use Sunny Day.

I think this is just bad luck, but then when I want to try this strategy again, I find myself up against a team full of Fire type Pokemon. -_-

Also, Hypnosis ALWAYS hits me. Doesn't that move have like 50 accuracy?

Then Lava Plume burned ALL of my Pokemon. I don't remember this move having a 100% chance of burning the target.

Then all of a sudden, I'm put up against a guy that has all legendary Pokemon on his team. I never expected this.

I don't have all this crap happening elsewhere in the game, even in the Battle Maison. I'm not the best at Pokemon battling, but I do EV train and stuff these days since Super Training makes it easier now. I use my EV trained Pokemon in the Battle Test and Battle Maison too. And they have held items as well. My Bellossom holds a Heat Rock for maximum Sunny Day, my Kingdra holds a Life Orb, etc. Maybe, though, I'm caught totally by surprise too much too?

I'm trying to get more BP so I can get the trade evolution items I need. But at this rate, it'll take me forever to get them. Right now I just need a Protector, but eventually I'll need a couple others too, I bet. Maybe I should stick to the Battle Maison since I can actually get to the 20th battle. And now that I think about it, the Mega Lopunny I'm adding to my team would be useful there, because annoying Purugly.

Edited by Anacybele

IIRC, the battle test tries to learn your strategy after you battle a few times, and then builds teams to counter it. Try going in with a different team and see if they're still trying to best your Sunny Day strategy.
I found it helpful to make two teams and periodically switch between them.

IIRC, the battle test tries to learn your strategy after you battle a few times, and then builds teams to counter it. Try going in with a different team and see if they're still trying to best your Sunny Day strategy.

I found it helpful to make two teams and periodically switch between them.

Oh, that would explain it. I honestly had no idea about that. I feel kind of noobish now. >_<

Thanks!

Prankster Sableye with Taunt.

I don't really like Sableye... I find it creepy.

I don't really like Sableye... I find it creepy.

Does it look like the "child molester that loves shiny things" type?

...I think I need to leave now.

Anyway, seeing all legendaries in the Battle Test isn't really a new thing. They always tend to be the last or second-to-last match if they appear at all, but they're not all strong. Also,

Also, Hypnosis ALWAYS hits me. Doesn't that move have like 50 accuracy?

Then Lava Plume burned ALL of my Pokemon. I don't remember this move having a 100% chance of burning the target..

Hypnosis is actually 60%, but even so, RNG, just like in Fire Emblem, is a b****.

Does it look like the "child molester that loves shiny things" type?

...I think I need to leave now.

Anyway, seeing all legendaries in the Battle Test isn't really a new thing. They always tend to be the last or second-to-last match if they appear at all, but they're not all strong. Also,

Hypnosis is actually 60%, but even so, RNG, just like in Fire Emblem, is a b****.

Er...no, that's not what I meant. xP

Well, I've done the Battle Test several times now, and only once did I see a team with all legendaries. So I guess they're simply not that common in the Battle Test?

Yeah, I suppose RNG is that exactly...

There's also the existence of accuracy boosting items like the Wide Lens and Zoom Lens.

I remember getting BS'd once in Platinum or SoulSilver -- one time in the Battle Factory, my team got swept by a Dewgong that spammed Horn Drill and Sheer Cold -- both of which have only a mere base 30% accuracy and all Pokemon are at the same level (100).

Edited by Roflolxp54

Oh yeah... And damn, that's rough. :/

Also, here's another problem I had: Whenever I inflicted confusion, the target either NEVER hurt itself or snapped out of it the next turn. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

I see, but is there a Pokemon for each stat that can appear in a horde?

I think Super Training is rather fun too... :P And I've already finished maxing my Lopunny's EVs. I also reset my Kingdra's and it's halfway done. My Bellossom was EV trained awhile ago.

Edited by Anacybele

I see, but is there a Pokemon for each stat that can appear in a horde?

I think Super Training is rather fun too... :P And I've already finished maxing my Lopunny's EVs. I also reset my Kingdra's and it's halfway done. My Bellossom was EV trained awhile ago.

Yeah, just google Nugget Bridge ev training; they have a pretty comprehensive list.

Okay, the Battle Test is still bullshit. It's fixed so you're always at a disadvantage, which is really unfair. I'm not talking about the whole "figuring out your strategy thing" and it's not just bad luck with the RNG either.

I manage to freeze my opponent. They thaw out right away. My opponent confuses my Pokemon. They hurt themselves EVERY TURN. Confusion is not supposed to make a Pokemon hurt itself every turn.

So yeah, I'm officially done with this stupidity.

Okay, the Battle Test is still bullshit. It's fixed so you're always at a disadvantage, which is really unfair. I'm not talking about the whole "figuring out your strategy thing" and it's not just bad luck with the RNG either.

I manage to freeze my opponent. They thaw out right away. My opponent confuses my Pokemon. They hurt themselves EVERY TURN. Confusion is not supposed to make a Pokemon hurt itself every turn.

So yeah, I'm officially done with this stupidity.

The Battle Test isn't the real deal for competitive Pokemon anyway. If you want to not have to deal with the Battle Tests Bullshit, try Battle Spot. It's good for actual strategy.

Does Battle Spot offer BP though? And where is it? I've never heard of it. o.O

But yeah, I don't want to do the Battle Test anymore.

EDIT: I decided to see if I could look it up myself, and it doesn't appear that it gives BP. I've been trying to do well so I could get a lot of BP for some items I'll need.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 months later...

Real talk, Battle Towers of yore actually stacked the RNG against the player after a long enough streak. Quick Claw Sheer Cold/Horn Drill has been known to wipe out whole teams at ~100 wins, with no ifs ands or buts about it. Battle Spot might be the same way, though I sure can't be bothered to look up if anyone's done significant testing.