Roy > Roy

Randoman

Which Roy do you prefer?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Roy or Roy?

2. 2. Okay... which specific Roy do you prefer?

normal_Roy.jpg

Roy_Koopa_Super_Mario_Wii.jpg

So character-wise (eg: appearance, personality, etc.) which Roy do you like better between Roy the Koopaling and Roy from Fire Emblem?

I personally favour Roy Koopa, but that's mostly because of how much I like the 7 koopalings in general in the Mario series.

I'm not really a fan of either one, to be honest. I do like FE Roy's fiery sword and Roy Koopa's cool shades, but other than that, they're both meh. I think I have to give the edge to Roy Koopa though, because I like the games he's in, whereas I don't think I would like FE6. The game and Roy's personality just sound like a borefest.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not really a fan of either one, to be honest. I do like FE Roy's fiery sword and Roy Koopa's cool shades, but other than that, they're both meh. I think I have to give the edge to Roy Koopa though, because I like the games he's in, whereas I don't think I would like FE6. The game and Roy's personality, just sound like a borefest.

careful, glac is gonna have to shank you now

I say Roy because he's cool-ish.

Edited by Draco

I guess Roy Campbell does not count? Nobody says the line " He can fart to fly around, too." quite like him.

Otherwise we have a clone of Marth in more then one way and one of the Koopalings. Maybe it's because I haven't seen the TV series but I never got why anybody would care that much about them. Well, I guess the Koopa is still the winner.

Edited by BrightBow

I'm not really a fan of either one, to be honest. I do like FE Roy's fiery sword and Roy Koopa's cool shades, but other than that, they're both meh. I think I have to give the edge to Roy Koopa though, because I like the games he's in, whereas I don't think I would like FE6. The game and Roy's personality just sound like a borefest.

Pretty much exactly this for me, and I've played Roy's (FE) game so I know I don't like him much, lol.

And this is in the Smash section, and I think Roy Koopa (with the koopalings) is a better choice for the game than Roy of Pherae.

I'm not really a fan of either one, to be honest. I do like FE Roy's fiery sword and Roy Koopa's cool shades, but other than that, they're both meh. I think I have to give the edge to Roy Koopa though, because I like the games he's in, whereas I don't think I would like FE6. The game and Roy's personality, just sound like a borefest.

FE6 is one of the hardest games in the series without being retarded to the point of getting bored with losingecept screw Chapter 14.

The plot is basically a FE1 ripoff, but Roy actually has his interesting points (ie intrest in magic). Plus, it introduced supports to further separate it from FE1.

In other words, FE6 is not boring if you're looking for gameplay.

FE6 is one of the hardest games in the series without being retarded to the point of getting bored with losingecept screw Chapter 14.

The plot is basically a FE1 ripoff, but Roy actually has his interesting points (ie intrest in magic). Plus, it introduced supports to further separate it from FE1.

In other words, FE6 is not boring if you're looking for gameplay.

It has the same gameplay as FE7 from what I heard. Except with harder chapters and worse growth rates. And I didn't really find FE7's gameplay all that amazing. I also look for story in an FE game btw. And I gave up on Shadow Dragon pretty quickly because of the sacrificing units thing.

Edited by Anacybele

It has the same gameplay as FE7 from what I heard. Except with harder chapters and worse growth rates. And I didn't really find FE7's gameplay all that amazing. I also look for story in an FE game btw. And I gave up on Shadow Dragon pretty quickly because of the sacrificing units thing.

What do you mean? In the prologue you have to sacrifice one unit to advance. None of the units recruited in the Prologues are very worth mentioning. are really that good though, so it's really not that big a deal. In fact, Frey was introduced in FE11, so he could be an easy choice for that.

But then there's the gaiden chapters. Sure, you have to sacrifice units to get to them, but you only get one unit from any of them. And none of those units are even good at all. They're only there so if you suck so bad most of your army is ded, so at least have some advantage.

It's not hard to get to them though, especially when most of the units in FE11 kinda suck tbh.

Edited by Draco

You sacrifice one unit in easy mode; you don't sacrifice anyone in any other mode. As for killing units for Gaidens, like 80% of units have at most one line anyway so you have no attachment to them... and yes they all suck ass.

Anyway Roy is probably the most cardboard personality of any FE lord so I'm going to go with the Koopa.

Fair enough, but I still think that boring isn't a great word for it... simple is better.

And if you play FE for the story, get further into 7. By far the best plot in the series.

Yeah, but I don't like sacrificing units for any reason. I just don't. :(

And if you play FE for the story, get further into 7. By far the best plot in the series.

I got very far into FE7, actually. And I know a few things that happen a bit later (Ninian "dying," Elbert dying, etc.). I still yawned.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but I don't like sacrificing units for any reason. I just don't. :(

I got very far into FE7, actually. And I know a few things that happen a bit later (Ninian "dying," Elbert dying, etc.). I still yawned.

It's pulled off quite well.

Either way this is off topic, just don't knock before you try FE6.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

It's pulled off quite well.

Either way this is off topic, just don't knock before you try FE6.

Meh, I still have no desire to finish the game (or try FE6, so stop telling me to). The story doesn't make me want to. I love Sain to pieces though, so I give the game that much. I even have a fic about him and Kent.

But yeah, it's off topic, so I'm not saying anything more on the matter.

Ever since Mario Kart 8, I thought Funky Kong was going to be in, but he wasn't. So I replace him with Roy Koopa because of the glasses. However the Roy from FE is the one I like cause I know more about him than Roy from the Mario series