FIre Emblem Kakusei - Background Site

Hardin

Today, Nintendo has updated the Fire Emblem World site, and added a background page for Kakusei.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/fe/kakusei_bk/index.html

There isn't much on it right now, but there are summaries for the first few chapters featuring art for Vake and Mariabel. There also seems to be an interview with Anna and Havetii from Path of Radiance. One final thing, is one wallpaper using the boxart for the game, more wallpapers will be available later.

There is another wallpaper already, and it's a Masked Marth spoiler, hence why it's covered by a question mark and presumably a warning.

Edited by Rambo M

Vake's been Anglicized as Wyck! D:

Also I did not expect Mariabel to be wearing pants. Her outfit is actually surprisingly practical.

Also... Sumia as Smia... um... yeah, that seems more like a typo than an actual name.

So we have:

-Chrom

-Fauder

-Liz

-Frederik

-Emerina

-Wyck

-Mariabell

-Smia

As the current official Anglicizations. Yeah, I prefer fan transliteration. I hope the localization team does its best with the names (PLEASE KEEP FREDERICk)

Also I did not expect Mariabel to be wearing pants. Her outfit is actually surprisingly practical.

Also... Sumia as Smia... um... yeah, that seems more like a typo than an actual name.

So we have:

-Chrom

-Fauder

-Liz

-Frederik

-Emerina

-Wyck

-Mariabell

-Smia

As the current official Anglicizations. Yeah, I prefer fan transliteration. I hope the localization team does its best with the names (PLEASE KEEP FREDERICk)

Smia sounds like what they were intending to me. I think back to when Chrom says her name and realize, yep. He tried to say "Smia" but failed.

Smia? That. . .doesn't look as pretty as Sumia. Ah, well. These are the same guys that thought Serlis looked cool, I think?

Whoo! I was getting scared that Nintendo/IS had been focusing their efforts in other areas and weren't going to update FEW again.

New artwork is a HUGE bonus as well.

Also, plenty of fun materials for me to use.

EDIT

Also, I noticed the wallpapers call this game FE14... Are they counting the BSFEs as FE5 or is there a secret FE in production?

They did call SD and NMOTE FE11 and FE12 in the internal code and the FE11 site did have Nagi's page listed as Naga like in the internal code.

Edited by VincentASM

So we have:

-Chrom

-Fauder

-Liz

-Frederik

-Emerina

-Wyck

-Mariabell

-Smia

Wait, where is all this?

Besides, this site calls the Falchion the Falcion. They leave out all sorts of letters.

Can those... 'runes' on the SoS be translated, or are they just decorative?

We won't know until we try. I'll see if I can bug a little cipher master.

Besides, this site calls the Falchion the Falcion. They leave out all sorts of letters.

IS is known for being inconsistent with their English, but they did use Falcion in the original FE1's title screen IIRC. It's been a looong time since I checked though.

Edited by VincentASM

Wtf is Havetti doing there

Edit: Also, as Falcion kinda implies, these aren't official translations, simply romanizations. Of course, nobody listens to me when I apply the same concept to names like Malliesia...

Edited by General Banzai

Even with the new spelling, I still cannot figure out how to pronounce Chrom/Krom's name. The whole "Krawm" vs. "Chrome" debate still rages on in my head...

Regardless, nice find. It's always nice to see some more full artwork, and those wallpapers are amazing.

Even with the new spelling, I still cannot figure out how to pronounce Chrom/Krom's name. The whole "Krawm" vs. "Chrome" debate still rages on in my head...

Regardless, nice find. It's always nice to see some more full artwork, and those wallpapers are amazing.

Ingame pronunciation is Chrome. Translating from katakana, "ro" gets pronounced more like "row" than like "raw".

The romaji for Falchion and Falcion are pronounce the same in Japanese. Same with Chrom and Smia.

Still doesn't explain Vake and Wyck, though..

Still doesn't explain Vake and Wyck, though..

I'm unfamiliar with Japanese, but it could be something to do with the fact that in a few languages (certain periods of Latin (was it classical, or not classical, been a long time), and German, come to mind) V and W are the same sound. Not that it helps much, as Latin (the certain style I studied), sounded the V as W, while German treats W as V, the entire opposite. I'm sure there's other languages with a similar W/V thing.

However, how it turned up in a Japanese romanization? I couldn't tell you. Also no idea if it's supposed to be V- or W-sound

V and B are actually the sounds that are constantly swapped in Japanese. The V sound is a new thing for names in Japanese, and the only W sounds are "wah" and "woh," and often the W in "woh" gets omitted. For other W sounds, they usually take the U (oo) sound and connect a vowel to it, for example if you connect the I sound to it, you'll get a strange sounding "Wih" sound.

That being said, Vake's name is spelled "Ve-ku" which is pronounce "Vayku" or "Vake".

V and B are actually the sounds that are constantly swapped in Japanese. The V sound is a new thing for names in Japanese, and the only W sounds are "wah" and "woh," and often the W in "woh" gets omitted. For other W sounds, they usually take the U (oo) sound and connect a vowel to it, for example if you connect the I sound to it, you'll get a strange sounding "Wih" sound.

That being said, Vake's name is spelled "Ve-ku" which is pronounce "Vayku" or "Vake".

From what I understand, the read that are "supposed" to be B can be read as V, and the sound Vake has that's "supposed" to be V can be read as W, even if the U sounds as W might be more typical.

Oh man oh man that Lucina wallpaper * u*

but the other one has Sairi and Flavia on it argh which one do I use

It's nice to see background info on the game, even though I can't read anything ; n;

Fullbody OAs, yessss

I love artwork when I can get it