Crobat or Talonflame?

AssassinSevera

I've been deciding on if i should use either Crobat or Talonflame because my team is basically weak to ground. Crobat has to be by far my favorite flying type, but then again, I like Talonflame too. Which flying type should i pick? The movesets i was going for were:

Crobat

Jolly 252 attack/252 speed/4 hp

Life Orb/Black Sludge

Taunt/Roost, U-Turn, Cross Poison, Brave Bird

TalonFlame

Adamant 252 attack, 252 hp, 4 sp def

Leftovers

Bulk Up, Brave Bird, Roost, Flare Blitz

Edited by AssassinSevera

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely Talonflame with Gale Wings. Maybe put some EVs in Def as well if you're using Bulk Up, and consider using Sitrus Berry or something like that with Acrobatics over Brave Bird.

Maybe instead of the evs in Def, i could put them into SP Def? Also I'd rather use Leftovers with Brave Bird, but who knows, i might like Sitrus Berry + Acrobatics. Thanks for the suggestions!

Talonflame with Galewings is answer to everything.

Seriously though, if Crobat is your favorite, you could just as well use it for that reason alone.

Also, just pointing this out, but if it's immunity to Ground you're looking for, you could also use simething with Levitate.

Talonflame with Galewings is answer to everything.

Seriously though, if Crobat is your favorite, you could just as well use it for that reason alone.

Also, just pointing this out, but if it's immunity to Ground you're looking for, you could also use simething with Levitate.

Yeah i know, was also thinking about Rotom-W, but idk where to get Rotom

Cool, thx for the info. I have another question. Is Luxray without Superpower still good?

From what I understand, Luxray is bad period. But if you are going to use one, I'd use superpower. It needs as much super effective coverage as possible

Cool, thx for the info. I have another question. Is Luxray without Superpower still good?

Well, Superpower really is important for coverage...

I guess you could work around it, though...

My main question being "Why are you even using Luxray in the first place?"

EDIT: NINJA'D!

Edited by Fruity Insanity

From what I understand, Luxray is bad period. But if you are going to use one, I'd use superpower. It needs as much super effective coverage as possible

Luxray isn't bad. I was using him last gen, and i made him bulky with intimidate holding Expert Belt. He took hits like a tank and attacked like a monster.

Luxray isn't bad. I was using him last gen, and i made him bulky with intimidate holding Expert Belt. He took hits like a tank and attacked like a monster.

If you can make it work then sure, use it. I'm just saying that compared to other physical tanks it isn't brilliant. But who knows, Luxray might fill the niche you need

Edited by DodgeDusk

If you can make it work then sure, use it. I'm just saying that compared to other physical tanks it isn't brilliant. But who knows, Luxray might fill the niche you need

Nah, id rather use rotom, lol. Speaking of Rotom, i got one from GTS and it has Modest nature with 31 ivs in Def, Sp attack, and Sp def. Should i use that or keep breeding to get better ones?

EDIT: it is japanese

Edited by AssassinSevera

yeah, i was using him on PS in OU

Also, what should i do with that Rotom. Scarf Set or Defensive set? if Scarf, i will breed more to get perfect ivs in Speed.

It's just the way you describe your Luxray seems so uncharacteristic of Luxrays...

I thought Scarf was for Tricking away...

It's just the way you describe your Luxray seems so uncharacteristic of Luxrays...

I thought Scarf was for Tricking away...

Lol i make original sets with most pokemon. And yeah, i was thinking scarf set for rotom too. Well, off to breeding! And maybe try to get a shiny rotom using the Masuda Method

Air Balloon on a pokemon with levitate?

Don't forget about the flying type as well. It's immune to ground 3 times!

You can also put magnet pull on its moveset, just to be sure.

Edited by Nobody

Original sets are the answer for the future my friend! Don't be tricked by those boring smogon sets~

Anyway Luxray also has Guts to take in account. It's such a great ability.

Intimidate pokémon work pretty well this gen.

I'd say Luxray is a great counter for Talonflame. It can resist all its attacks pretty well and most likely 1HKO it in return.