Viewing zoomed sprites online

deranger

Zooming lets us see which pixels the artist used, and allows me to see what the sprite would look like at 3x zoom, the size I usually play hacks/fe7x at. But most browsers, I believe, smooth images when you zoom in on them. This is a problem when trying to view sprites, as we want the edges of the pixels to stay crisp. Anyone have an easy solution to this other than downloading every single sprite I want to zoom in on?

One of Firefox's extensions, ImageZoom, used to upscale without anti-aliasing before Firefox upgraded to like, version 3. Since then, the only solution I've been able to find is to just use Print Screen to screencap the whole screen (or just right-click and copy the individual image if you only want to look at one) and then Paste it into Paint / Photoshop / etc. and use the zooming in the image program.

It's not as much work as Save As... -> Open in program, but it's still a pain, unfortunately. :/

Gyazo should be able to do what you want just fine as long as you past the desired cap region into paint and then zoom in. For actual in-browser extensions, I have no idea, but gyazo is really fast so you wouldn't be really wasting any time.