Berwick Saga Menu & Other translation help!

lckhoa

Hi there,

English & Jap is not my native language so i need help from all of you :)

I would like to translate at least the menu (other could come later :) ) of this game into English.

Below picture will prove that i tell the truth, not lie

gsdx_20130818212720.jpg

gsdx_20130827095927.jpg

gsdx_20130827095947.jpg

Text related has been dump. I try google translate but i think it need more correction from all of you.

Am I allow to post this dump text here and ask for help?

Thanks,

Edited by lckhoa

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure, why not? I'm pretty sure myself and people like shadowofchaos or TheEnd are perfectly willing to help.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I don't know anything about hacking itself, but if there's anything else you need help with figuring out such as sorting through the game's mechanics or working out what translations to use, I will get that information to you without hesitation. I've been working with a friend for a while on menu and other core translations for this game; we never had an implementation method due to not knowing how to hack, but we should be able to offer you a lot to work with on the other stages of development.

Just consider me your loyal servant forever, alright?

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I don't know anything about hacking itself, but if there's anything else you need help with figuring out such as sorting through the game's mechanics or working out what translations to use, I will get that information to you without hesitation. I've been working with a friend for a while on menu and other core translations for this game; we never had an implementation method due to not knowing how to hack, but we should be able to offer you a lot to work with on the other stages of development.

Just consider me your loyal servant forever, alright?

Othin and I have translated much of the menu stuff for this game, it's just up until now we (and the rest of the world) had no idea how to hack the game.

Yeah, if you've managed to make a patch adjusting even a bit of ingame text like in the OP, would you be able to make a brief video, just to remove any shred of doubt?

or you could share the tools you use to rebuild the ISO with us, and any other tools such as ones to decompress the text... I'm guessing the text isn't compressed but it might be... eh, hacking PS2 in general is daunting just because of how big the files are

Sure, why not? I'm pretty sure myself and people like shadowofchaos or TheEnd are perfectly willing to help.

HOW DARE YOU VOLUNTEER OTHER WAPANESE TRANSLATORS WITHOUT THEIR CONSENT?

...yeah sure, I'll help out.

Yeah, if you've managed to make a patch adjusting even a bit of ingame text like in the OP, would you be able to make a brief video, just to remove any shred of doubt?

hahaha... believe me.

I'm "the man in the back" of TRS English project :)

You know that TRS patch 0.85 was released about month ago at ayashi gamesubs and i don't know why the old patch was still there.

Anyway this is a link for new patch http://ayashiigamesubs.blogspot.com/

All of you can try this patch again and any feedback are welcome.

Regards,

PS: Mod, Could you please update the correct link to the new TRS patch at the TRS homepage?

or you could share the tools you use to rebuild the ISO with us, and any other tools such as ones to decompress the text... I'm guessing the text isn't compressed but it might be... eh, hacking PS2 in general is daunting just because of how big the files are

You are right!

Almost things are compress but thanks for explanation of nick Pokeytax at romhacking.net, i found the work around solution for compression issue but sure that we will have less space for text but still better than nothing, right?

Thanks,

Hi Othin,

I see on BWS Wiki that you've done almost everything related to classes, item, weapon... awesome and a lot of work!

I need that information in two columns (1 jap and 1 Eng which easier for me for reference) for my insertion.

Is it possible?

Today, i dump all text related to char name, items, classes... (more than 4,000 lines) and try some with google but it make me crazy hahaha.

Thanks,

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmgAmMojnPkLdDJJbjNWRGRCbkFCNEsyQnNrVGVPTUE&usp=sharing

Working on it here. I decided to have two English columns, one with the most literal version, the other being one where I take a bit more liberties in making it match up with FE naming patterns. Up to you what to make of the two, although the non-literal versions are ultimately my personal recommendations.

I should mention that some of the non-literal versions come from collaboration with Banzai, and a couple of other people not active on this site, so this isn't all my work. It is, however, all for precisely this purpose.

Oh, I should ask: do you know the length limit for the names? Some of these get a bit lengthy, and if it's necessary to trim them down, I can figure out ways to do that.

Alright well if you find that any of the names have space issues, just let me know by how much and I can come up with an abbreviated version. I'm particularly worried about ones like "Royal Army Crossbow".

It seem that we have missing Spear/Lance & Axe translation.

Up to now below is a list of missing items and next to its is google translate.

ロードナイト Knight Lord
補給兵 Supply soldiers
修道士 Monk
ローグウォーリア Rogue Warrior
建造物 Building
アイテムバンク Item bank
一般市民男性 Civilian men
一般市民少年 General public boy
一般市民中年 Public middle-aged
一般市民老人男性 General public elderly male
一般市民女性 Civilian women
一般市民少女 General public girl
一般市民中年女性 Public middle-aged woman
一般市民老人女性 General public aged woman
貴族女性 Noble woman
村人年配女性 Villagers elderly woman
村人若い女性 Woman young villagers
秘書 Secretary
店主 (やせ) Shopkeeper (slender)
店主(太い) Shopkeeper to (thick)
おかみさん Your wife
おじいさん Grandfather
紳士(貴族系) Gentleman (nobleman system)
奥方 Lady
青年 Youth
お姉さん Older sister
錬金術士 The Alchemist
宮廷司祭 Court priest
短剣予備 Dagger preliminary
ナイトソード Knight Sword
ブロードソード Broadsword
メイスソード Mace
ハイメタルソード High metal Sword
レイピア Rapier
シミター Scimitar
シャムシール Shamshir
デヴァインソード Devine Sword
バスタードソード Bastard Sword
ツヴァイハンダー Zweihander
グレートソード Great Sword
剣予備 Sword preliminary
ブリムランガー Burimuranga
神剣ヴァジラ Votive sword Vu~ajira
神剣ヴリトラ Votive sword Vuritora
バルムンク Barumunku
サクシード Succeed
帝国正式剣 Empire officially sword
ポイズンメイス Poison Mace
ライトクラブ Light Club
旧式帝国剣 Old imperial sword
妖刀アルバトロス Demon Blade Albatross
馬殺刀 Sword killing horse
オーバシミター Over scimitar
ダークメイス Dark Mace
クリームヒルト Kriemhild
アドラスティア Adra Steer
壊れた大剣 Large Broken Sword
ピラム Piramu
ピランザー Piranza
ジャベリン Javelin
ライトスピア Light Spear
スピア Spear
ロングスピア Long Spear
ミスリルスピア Mithril Spear
ファランクス Phalanx
クレイブ Crave
ランス Lance
オクスタン Okusutan
ハロースランス Hello Lance database
フォラージュ Foraju
ニードルスピア Needle Spear
ドラゴンランス Dragon Lance
槍予備 Spear preliminary
ウインドスピア Wind Spear
力工ルムスピア Power Engineering Rumusupia
パイク Pike
工ウシュプロネ Engineering Ushupurone
王国正式槍 Kingdom formally spear
ハルバード Halberd
フォーク Fork
バトルフォーク Battle fork
ヒートフォーク Heat fork
ハープーン Harpoon
旧式帝国槍 Old empire spear
ガルフォーク Gull fork
ハンドスピア Hand Spear
工房試作槍 Workshop prototype spear
へヴィランス Vu~iransu to
ヴォータンの槍 Spear of Wotan

Anyone out there feel free to edit/comment.

Thanks,

Yeah, I've been doing this one step at a time. I'm likely to be busy for the next couple days, but I should be able to plug in the rest soon.

Of the ones on that list, I notice a few things that sound like classes at the beginning, then there's the weapons I haven't added yet, but do you know what the other things are? It seems somewhat miscellaneous; like there's things like "Lady" and "Secretary" which sound like NPC titles but then there's stuff like "Building" and "Item Bank".

Yeah, this game organize thing like this :) .

It have a lot of fonts and each font has their own item/pointer table so that's why when you dump text out it may include other text.

I think we'll translate that miscellaneous as well as it will be better in term of re-order space for text.

Thanks,

It seem that we have missing Spear/Lance & Axe translation.

Up to now below is a list of missing items and next to its is google translate.

デヴァインソード Devine Sword (Divine Sword)

剣予備 Sword preliminary (I suggest "Training Sword" or something to that effect.)

バルムンク Barumunku (Balmung)

へヴィランス Vu~iransu to (Heavy Lance)

Was just skimming.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Been working on cleaning up the other weapons on my lists first; it's easier for me since I have translations for them already and I actually know what they are ingame to have a basis for sorting through translations. For the others, anyone who generally has as good or better knowledge of Japanese should be able to do at least as well as I could, since it's really not dependent on Berwick Saga knowledge. I can give them a shot once I've finished sorting everything I know, though. In the meantime, to fit the classes with the patterns I've been sticking with otherwise, I'm inclined to say:

ロードナイト Knight Lord
補給兵 Transporter
修道士 Templar
ローグウォーリア Fighter
What it really boils down to, though, is that if it's not on one of my lists and it's not just because I haven't finished putting that list on the doc, it means I don't actually know what it is. The lists I've been using are typically different from and more expansive than the ones I have on the site, but I'll get them all on the doc in good time.