[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Menu Patch (v1.2)

DJPlayer

So just to be clear, once Ninjhax 2.0 which supports 9.8 comes out (?), I can use my 9.8.0-25U 3DS and a FEIF special edition cart JPN and my SD card to play this patch? Just want to plan ahead in case I end up want to play it and need to buy stuffses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just to be clear, once Ninjhax 2.0 which supports 9.8 comes out (?), I can use my 9.8.0-25U 3DS and a FEIF special edition cart JPN and my SD card to play this patch? Just want to plan ahead in case I end up want to play it and need to buy stuffses

The problem with that is Ninjhax 2.0 on 9.3-9.8 is more limited than Ninjhax on 9.2 and below. So it's unlikely that something like PastaCFW or ReiNAND will work. Then again, don't take my word for it. I mean, Ninjhax on 4.X-9.2 was originally suppose to be used only for homebrew, but then there were some who were able to find ways to get through that barrier and so things like PastaCFW and ReiNAND came to be. So who knows?

Edited by Linkmstr

Interesting... When I try to give Lilith some ingredients, they don't appear at all and it just looks like she's eating air. This is after I applied the patch. xD

Yeah we've had that problem for a while now....still can't figure out why though.

Yeah we've had that problem for a while now....still can't figure out why though.

Actually we do know why it happens. In the file that lists the food items the animation for lilith eating is tied to the name of the food, when we changed the names to english the animation broke so thats why lilith is eating air. We are planning on fixing it but for the menu patch we ignored it since it wasnt very important (it didnt break the game or cause any problems so we left it)

So, you said in the original post that you'll be releasing multiple patches in the future, but how do you plan to do so? I think a really cool way to do it is release a patch once every chapter or couple of chapters is finished - I'd love to play the game like that, it'd feel kinda like reading a comic or manga with each new issue coming out.

Actually we do know why it happens. In the file that lists the food items the animation for lilith eating is tied to the name of the food, when we changed the names to english the animation broke so thats why lilith is eating air. We are planning on fixing it but for the menu patch we ignored it since it wasnt very important (it didnt break the game or cause any problems so we left it)

Well, it's just a minor thing. After all, like you said, it didn't break the game or anything. :p

So, you said in the original post that you'll be releasing multiple patches in the future, but how do you plan to do so? I think a really cool way to do it is release a patch once every chapter or couple of chapters is finished - I'd love to play the game like that, it'd feel kinda like reading a comic or manga with each new issue coming out.

It's still kinda shaky, but the general plan will be something like this:

- The next patch will have the entire Nohr path translated.

- The patch after the Nohr path will be all of Hoshido.

- After Hoshido, we'll release the Touma / Invisible Kingdom / Third Route path.

- We may release the first 6 chapters as a patch. Either that or the Nohr path will include the updated menu fixes. Or maybe we'll just update the fixes as another patch in like a day.

Each path will include fully translated stories, supports, and random dialogues. And probably fixes from the previous patch.

Edited by luyairis

The problem with that is Ninjhax 2.0 on 9.3-9.8 is more limited than Ninjhax on 9.2 and below. So it's unlikely that something like PastaCFW or ReiNAND will work. Then again, don't take my word for it. I mean, Ninjhax on 4.X-9.2 was originally suppose to be used only for homebrew, but then there were some who were able to find ways to get through that barrier and so things like PastaCFW and ReiNAND came to be. So who knows?

Ah, ok. I'll keep my eyes on any Ninjhax 2.0 info then, thanks~

Another thing that I found strange. When I was using PastaCFW + NTR CFW + layeredfs for the English Menu patch, picking a feature (like online) freezes/crashes the game. At least, for me it happens. Well, I've already made a new .cia file from my copy of the game and everything else seems to work fine on that.

From 3ds---, their xorpad did not work for me

http://i.imgur.com/qonXicH.png

http://i.imgur.com/WL98TfJ.png

Forcing players to rip their xorpad will only cause people to upload prepatched ROMs for easier access.

Come someone show a step by step on how to do this cause I'm still pretty lost. Sorry that I'm dumb.

You're not dumb. The readme/tutorial is not very clear at all.

Edited by Celice

From 3ds---, their xorpad did not work for me

http://i.imgur.com/qonXicH.png

http://i.imgur.com/WL98TfJ.png

Forcing players to rip their xorpad will only cause people to upload prepatched ROMs for easier access.

You're not dumb. The readme/tutorial is not very clear at all.

Sure you have to rip your xorpads by your own. Why? Because sharing them in the public is illegal.

They're copyrighted by Nintendo.

and you CAN'T Patch the Game without decrypting it first.

Edited by DJPlayer

Sure you have to rip your xorpads by your own. Why? Because sharing them in the public is illegal.

They're copyrighted by Nintendo.

and you CAN'T Patch the Game without decrypting it first.

I have tried three different xorpad rippers, including the one mentioned in the readme. The first two did not work, the third never launches and hangs at a blank screen.

This is unfortunate.

Ok, here's how I did my conversion process for the Xorpad stuff.

1. Dump my retail game with GW Launcher, or just get a .3ds

2. Generate ncchinfo.bin with a program. Personally, I used 3DS Simple CIA converter which you can just google and click the first result. The program makes it painfully clear how to generate the ncchinfo.bin. (Hint, there's a button telling you to generate it.)

3. Once you've done that, you put the ncchinfo.bin on the root of your SD card, and start Decrypt9, either with the web browser exploit for O3DS or the Ninjhax version with the N3DS. Download that by searching decrypt9 or decrypt9 ninjhax version accordingly.

4. For the Ninjhax version, select NCCH padgen to generate the Xorpads. IDK bout browser version.

5. Then once you've gotten the Xorpads, you put the xorpads in a folder, select the .3ds file that you generated the ncchinfo.bin with, and select it with the program.

6. Select the Xorpad folder with the program.

7. Select the patch folder with the program.

8. If all went well, like it did for me, it should load up the program just fine. All you need to do if just click build .3ds or build .cia. Btw for N3DS owners, the patcher cryptofixes both the .3ds and .cia files, so you should be fine on Gateway. This is how I did my steps, if you have any questions, ask me tomorrow, since I'm gonna pass out. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS HOW I DID IT AND COULD NOT BE 100% ACCURATE FOR EVERYONE. Goodnight forest.

Ok, here's how I did my conversion process for the Xorpad stuff.

1. Dump my retail game with GW Launcher, or just get a .3ds

2. Generate ncchinfo.bin with a program. Personally, I used 3DS Simple CIA converter which you can just google and click the first result. The program makes it painfully clear how to generate the ncchinfo.bin. (Hint, there's a button telling you to generate it.)

3. Once you've done that, you put the ncchinfo.bin on the root of your SD card, and start Decrypt9, either with the web browser exploit for O3DS or the Ninjhax version with the N3DS. Download that by searching decrypt9 or decrypt9 ninjhax version accordingly.

At this point I get a gray blank screen and my system freezes.

Guys, I don't what I'm doing wrong but I got this error when I tried to choose the Xorpad folder on the patcher.

"You are missing a xorpad: Main.exefs_7x"

2vjbzur.png

Guys, I don't what I'm doing wrong but I got this error when I tried to choose the Xorpad folder on the patcher.

"You are missing a xorpad: Main.exefs_7x"

2vjbzur.png

For this Game, you need to have the slot0x25KeyX.bin on the root of your SD-Card.

it is needed to decrypt the 7.x-encrypted part of the Game.

We're not allowed to share this file (Copyright). You have to google for it :/

At this point I get a gray blank screen and my system freezes.

Which 3DS-Model are you using? Which Firmware do you have?

Hotfix-Patch 1.1 is out!

Includes:

- updated status-screen

- updated GameData

- updated Lilith

- updated Shop

- updated MyRoom

- updated CastleTutorial

Well, seeing every thing needed, I'll just wait for a cia with the patch. But good job by the way, because this involve a lot of work :)

Edit: oh, there's one already. :)

Edited by Metakirby

Which 3DS-Model are you using? Which Firmware do you have?

9.2, Old 3DS

Using the files linked in the readme, I get a blank gray screen

Using this file,

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55595&p=3870650

I can launch, however I am told the ncch file was wrong and nothing occurs. I did same exact process as Heractodactyl describes above these posts

edit: at the 3ds forum we all know about, thread '[MULTI] Fire Emblem If Special Edition - Menu Translation added (7/7/2015)[JPN]' there are already prepatched versions of the game with this translation, for anyone else having issues doing this ourselves.

Edited by Celice

9.2, Old 3DS

Using the files linked in the readme, I get a blank gray screen

Using this file,

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=55595&p=3870650

I can launch, however I am told the ncch file was wrong and nothing occurs. I did same exact process as Heractodactyl describes above these posts

have you tried to use Decrypt9?

normally it should work

https://github.com/archshift/Decrypt9

check the readme of archshift

I still really don't understand how to do any of this I'm just super lost cause the readme is unclear to me.

Ok, firstly what kind of 3ds do you own? Is it a New 3ds or the old 3ds? (doesnt matter if its an xl or not they are both internally the same)

Secondly do you have custom firmware installed? (NTR-CFW, rxTools, Gateway, PastaCFW are all custom firmware)

Lastly what SYSTEM FIRMWARE is your 3ds on? (When you go into system settings what is the number that shows up on the bottom corner of the top screen)

e.g

P1000477.jpg

Edited by Gamespage