Chapter 15, Feral Frontier....To kill or not to kill, that is the question

Hey all!

So as you might guess from the title, I'm on chapter 15. The last time I played through this game, the choice to kill or not to kill the laguz here was a fairly big debate. Is there a general agreed upon choice here now? Do you choose to kill or to spare the laguz?

Me, I choose to spare them. It's more challenging, which I like, and logical and the bonus exp is easier to abuse for a transfer run. Still, knowing what I know of the story to come, that they are escaped slaves... I feel bad going about killing them.

That said, I am going about not killing them, getting all items, and finishing in 7 turns for max bonus exp. Difficult, but not impossible. The 'not killing' part is not too bad as I have some good tanks without weapons to absorb hits, and healing items for when that luck runs out. Getting the items isn't too bad for me either, though getting the statue frag and white gem is very much hit or miss with my current strategy. The thing that keeps tripping me up? GETTING to the boss. Since I'm not killing the enemy laguz, they surround my units before I get into range, and stop the progress of my assault team. As I write this, I have a game on, at turn 7, all treasure obtained, no units killed, etc, and with my 3 attack units surrounded by nine different enemies, with my units literally one square away from killing the boss. And I can't move a one.

I know I will get this down eventually. I just love this kind of stuff. Does anyone else do this? I don't recall there being a 'guide' or anything the last time I did this, and I never think to write down my steps - opps? - so I was just wondering if anyone else had done this. And well, I never turn down a chance to chat ;)

I spare whatever does not get in my way, and kill the rest - I'm not about to wrack my brain working on a pacifist strategy when I'm no good with that crap.

Don't listen to NM, he's just a laguz hater.

Also, I find it amusing and impressive that you actually care about them and go with the story...I tend to keep the killing to a very minimum and finish it in 2/3-turns with Ilyana/Soren with a 255% Crit. Thunder forge (Only available in the Japanese version), or you can also choose to have Jill or Marcia just rush up to Muarim and kill him with a Laguz Slayer.

I recommend having the fliers go for the items and Rescue-Drop the Thieves for an easier time. They can also escape and fly up the mountain.

EDIT: Also, the BEXP is a huge bonus and it's hella worth it.

Edited by Destiny Faggot

I tend to not kill any of them, but that typically requires a good Soren for me so that he can burn Muarim to a crisp. Since I care little about the flyers in this game, I tend to not get much of the treasure however. Enough to get Stefan and maybe the White Gem, but not the Boots.

Edited by Doga Blockovich

Just postion your units so that they can't be surrounded.

xxo

xox

oxx

Setting units up like this is a good idea. Also try to draw other laguz attention to weaker units who you know they will attack.

I usually just kill them all because the EXP is good. I get all the items of course.

Edited by Hash Jar

If you can attack them and get them low on HP without killing them they will prioritize healing over attacking. This causes them to do stupid things like running all the way across the map to get one of their friends vulneraries.

If you manipulate it right you can keep them from swarming you.

I always go for Max Bexp.

1460=Max BExp on hard mode.

1100=Max Exp obtainable by strategizing and killing all enemies. This means hitting the laguz once and then killing with another unit.

400=BExp from a 7 turn clear with all enemies dead.

IMO, the BExp is not worth it, because BExp gives less Exp. Sure BExp can be manipulated, but I don't find it necessary (especially if you are doing it 1 BExp point at a time).

Edited by Hash Jar

• 2 weeks later...

Ha, only today was I playing this chapter. I needed only 1 more hit on Muarim to defeat him. Soren does enough damage to the Laguz to put them in the 'Retreat' mode. It's the enemy phase. A Laguz attacks Soren. Soren activates Adept. Yeah...