[FE7] Weapon as a lockpick

Sephie-chan

Starting from Lockpick:

Change Weapon Ability 1 to Weapon.

Add in weapon stats.

You would have to, however, point a new animation for the use of item-weapons by the classes you want to be able to use this weapon. You would also need to find a way to restrict it (the current method outlined above only restricts the 'key' functionality). However, changing the Item Type to Sword, from Item, removes that issue, without otherwise altering the functionality as a thief-key.

Edit: by this I mean that the weapon would be able to be wielded by anybody. I suppose you could change the weapon type into dragonstone and then give theives the manakete lock? But that disguises the weapon stats if you have any applied. :/

Changing a normal weapon's "Staff/Use Effect" to 0x20, Lockpick, however, does not properly set something: It will always return "this cannot be used".

If one also changes the Item Number to 0x61 (Lockpick)... no, it stays the same.

:/ I have no idea. That's really puzzling.

Edited by Eliwan

I solved it myself. I expanded the item use & item condition table and changed the effect and condition of the knive to the lockpicks pointers. Its know a weapon with build in lockpick functionallity.