Rate the Unit, Day 4: Nolan

PKL

8/10

Basically what the rest said. Good durability compared to Eddie's, good bases, not so good str growth for a fighter but that's fixed with a couple of lv. ups and BEXP when skl and sp are capped (2nd tier and 3rd tier). Earth affinity is good for him as Light affinity is good for Eddie, Tarvos + def bonus is great against tigers. Awesome P4

I prefer to support Nolan with Edward. It's quite a bit faster and gives defense. Even with double earth Nolan's avoid isn't really reliable, but the defense can make the difference between dying in two hits and dying in three hits. Having more hit is also useful in Part 1.

also edward is just :3

7/10, I guess. He's good in Part 3 and clutch in early Part 1, but elsewhere he's nothing to write home about. I kind of I find it hard to like Nolan or be impressed by him...

This, but 9/10 which includes bias.

Good for the frontline, epicly handsome, makes Chuck Norris jealous. And gets good Spd growth. Collossal upon Master Class. Use him or weep.

9.5/10

Edited by リンダ

Volug is probably better in Part 3 since he's quite a bit faster and doesn't really need to be levelled.

To be fair, Volug's counterbalance is his weapon rank, but yeah Volug with S Strike is pretty sick.

I kind of find Nolan to be slightly overrated, but mostly for the 9/10 voters and above. I mean Nolan is fairly clutch Part 1 and stands out a lot in Part 3, but he is rocky and Part 4 shoves him with mediocre Movement. Well, at least by that point his combat should be decent.

I also want to point out that training Jill and Nolan shouldn't be a major issue, though I did wonder if I should've done more for Jill in 3-12. Granted, she still did some things and Nolan wasn't deadweight. I guess I definitely see validity in just training Jill after 3-6. I don't know, I like Nolan but even I feel I slightly overrated him in the past, and kind of overrate him meow.

I kind if think Nolan getting a 7/10 from Anouleth is a little low though. 8/10 seems a little more applicable. Maybe 7.5.