Masked Man = Marth!!!

Ursula

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course, the fact they call themselves Marth doesn't mean necessarily they're the Marth we know - their gender isn't even confirmed yet, after all.

(Screw the "it's obvious" gang; this Marth is too skinny and this isn't Clamp artwork.)

somebody fluent enough with that to translate it out for me?

"A swordmsman who introduces themselves as the legendary hero Marth. They wield a sword similar to the Falchion."

In other words, it's just as you can see.

Edited by TheEnd

I, who is not fluent, can do that for you.

k4sd.png

It's kind of hard to see, but look closely at the characters.

Marth's kana is マルス - Ma-ru-su or something (I don't speak moonspeak so I can't give you an exact).

I mean, I guess it could be a new character with the exact same name, but...

Edited by Camtech

"A swordmsman who introduces themselves as the legendary hero Marth. They wield a sword similar to the Falchion."

The fact that it says "Introduces themselves as" makes me think he might be an impostor, but eh. It's probably him. I don't like that he looks significantly different from his last design since that really threw me off.

Swordsman only in the english translation. There's no indication of gender in at least the kanji that I can understand, so swordfighter works there just as well, just sounds a bit weird in translation.

Swordsman only in the english translation. There's no indication of gender in at least the kanji that I can understand, so swordfighter works there just as well, just sounds a bit weird in translation.

Indeed, there are no gender clues whatsever. Okay, sure, they use "boku"... but tomboys and girls trying to pass as guys use that too.

(And hell, we could even translate kenshi as myrmidon, too.)

Edited by TheEnd

Indeed, there are no gender clues whatsever. Okay, sure, they use "boku"... but tomboys and girls trying to pass as guys use that too.

I apparently use the chinese version of "ore" when I talk in chinese. :P

Just because they're calling themselves that, doesn't necessarily mean it is so.

It's the same damn thing as Xillia

From Milla's bio:

自らを精霊の主マクスウェルだと名乗る謎の女性。

"A mysterious woman that claims to be the Master of the Spirits, Maxwell."

aka more or less "god" in that game.

AND GUESS WHAT? It turns out she's NOT. You find this out a fairly late in the game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Oh yeah, the text near the screenshots.

"Appearing from magic circles in mid-air, undead start attacking people all over the land! Krom and his friends are forced into a hard battle!"

"A mysterious sword-user saves Krom during his battle against the undead! They call themselves Marth, but who are they?!"

I apparently use the chinese version of "ore" when I talk in chinese. :P

Such a tomboy

He probably is named "Narth", has terrible base stats, growths that are only 5% and 50%, and have Bargain as a skill.

Hey, it's already happened before.

"Appearing from magic circles in mid-air, undead start attacking people all over the land! Krom and his friends are forced into a hard battle!"

"A mysterious sword-user saves Krom during his battle against the undead! They call themselves Marth, but who are they?!"

I guess it could be possible though.

Because "Zombies".

It could be a Zombie Marth.

I guess it could be possible though.

Because "Zombies".

It could be a Zombie Marth.

Of course. If somebody's raising the dead and the game is happening on Archanea, that's always a possibility.

Or it could actually be Roy with a dyed hair, who knows

So there's a guy who looks like Marth, wields a sword like Marth, and claims to be Marth, but has a mask?

He's not Marth, because then that's the biggest unreveal ever.

It's actually just Camus again.

Calls themselves. Is no one even remotely recognizing Roro here?

I was thinking the wording was more to Marth being an unidentified character. Since you'd use "They" and "They call Themselves" for a single person if you didn't know their gender.

Zombie Marth...Seriously?

He's way too skinny...that's what i can see, maybe he's a fan of marth or something, who wants to be like him "stupid guessing"

I hope he's not marth, they should give some space to Krom...i guess

and Marth have many games already :facepalm:

oh a group? more than one masked "marth"?

i'm lost :Wrys:

Edited by Sirius

Marth is long dead; a doppelganger wouldn't be able to just pass for him. More likely is that a descendant is taking on the name of a famous ancestor.