FE: Awakening Hacking Topic

VincentASM

I don't know it it was asked earlier, but is it possible to dump the mermory of Awakening with an app from the 3DS Homebrew Channel? I'm running system 10.0.6.-31E so the way in the first post isn't an option for me.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm trying to make a cheat plugin for NTR and so far have found enough data to make most of the codes work. However, I can't find for the life of me how to make a code STORE values from a pointer or add to the stored value. Anyone have any ideas? More specifically I'm talking about codes like this,

Class modifier

D9000000 03CF0AF8

D4000000 0000XXXX

B3CF1100 00000000

D6000000 00000068

D2000000 00000000

How would the D9 and D4 translate into the coding?

Well to convert a "gateway/arcode" to "ntr" code you need to understand what the GW/AR code does.

You can get an idea with the references at http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/293144-Gateway-ARCode-Cheat-Sheet

Once you understand what the code does, it's time to code some lines to simulate the behaviour the gw/ar code does.

It's going to be tough if you don't know how to code in C but if you know, it's going to be a lot easier.

You can also find more info about it in this thread I made in gbatemp: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-find-pointers-on-ntr-debugger-memory-dumps-ntr-cfw.415995/

Hope that helps

I've seen somewhere a hack that added two Morgans to the paralogue where you recruit him/her. I can't remember if it was a RAM hack or a ROM hack, but I'd definitely like to be able to use it alongside the Philia hack to have a larger endgame team, if possible.

^Care to elaborate about it? What code do you use? And how is the extra Morgan affected in terms of supports and plot?

You're better off with Save hacking, make a clone of your Morgan and just turn them into the opposite gender.

You're better off with Save hacking, make a clone of your Morgan and just turn them into the opposite gender.

Oh, I see.

Btw, is there a code to get all stats +1 om level up, like the one there's for Fates?

What they said.

There is no reliable way to load the opposite gendered one without making a live dump of memory and noting the pointer values.

They change every time you restart.

And no code will get those pointer values reliably without ASM execution or breakpoints.

...yeah I'm not putting that much effort into that.

I'm better off figuring out how to event hack the game.

Edited by shadowofchaos

What they said.

There is no reliable way to load the opposite gendered one without making a live dump of memory and noting the pointer values.

They change every time you restart.

And no code will get those pointer values reliably without ASM execution or breakpoints.

...yeah I'm not putting that much effort into that.

I'm better off figuring out how to event hack the game.

I can very easily have the game load both Morgans when you enter the paralogue with rom hacking the unit load pointers, I already did with Jakob/Felicia at the first 6 chapters of Fates and also did with Both Kanas, however this has a few problems.

Firstly, Morgans are parent pointed to the opposite Gender MU, meaning Male Morgan will always read FeMU as his mom, meaning if you play as MaMU and spawn male Morgan, he'll be parentless as opposed to being MaMU's child.

Screenshots for proof;

uaGEeav.pngbFNC2XY.png

As you can see, this also applies to the Kanas, so male Kana is Orphaned and has no parents.

OAS5mzy.pngusSw6Uc.png

Ignoring Selena/Lazlow, here are both servants irregardless of Gender.

Edited by DeathChaos25

Firstly, Morgans are parent pointed to the opposite Gender MU, meaning Male Morgan will always read FeMU as his mom, meaning if you play as MaMU and spawn male Morgan, he'll be parentless as opposed to being MaMU's child.

I wonder why RAM hacking works fine then...

I wonder why RAM hacking works fine then...

Didn't you have Both MUs married to each other?

If so everything would work fine, because the game detects FeMU in your party, sees the marriage pointer pointing to MaMU and correctly assigns them as parents, in the event that FeMU doesn't exist, Male Morgan would have no parents.

If I'm getting this right, I'd assume that what Death is asking is: if it's possible to have a Logbook Avatar and the main Avatar from the save generate both Morgans and have both respective Avatars support properly with the corresponding Morgans as if they were married to anyone else.

So for example, you get a Female Main file and a Male Logbook Avatar, get them married to each other and recruit them as if they're both supposed to be there normally.

Does anyone know how to edit additional weapons into classes? I'm curious if you can add swords to manaketes and if the animations would be correct.

I don't know how to edit actual weapon availability, but I do know that the male Mercenary/Hero sword attack motion data is what the game defaults to when a character is force-equipped with a weapon type they're not supposed to be able to use in their current class.

Even if that weapon is a Bow or a Tome.

• 2 weeks later...

There a way to play a randomised run for awaking (or fates I guess) without having to edit your save every time you recruit a character? Like perhaps a script to run in the character editor that makes all characters base and reclass options random? I can see how to manually do it with like rolling a die or whatever to decide the classes from a list but then its not really random as Id be seeing who gets what class. I could have like a friend do that I guess but then nobody else would be able to just randomize their game like how we can with the older games.

Shoot I just remembered that characters join with weapons so you'd just get like a Lord Ricken with a wind tomb he cant use. Unless inventories can be randomised to but would those be stored with the chapter map data? Wait how's Morgan work in that aspect? There like pre sets for morgan as all the base classes that just load up depending on what the game reads their class should be?

uh

why the fuck can Chrom S-support his freaking sisters

You know unlike in fates were Im mad Ryoma and Hinoka are siblings cus they'd make a pretty great Shiro, Owain and Lucina wouldn't really benefit much stat wise from this union. And they definitely wouldn't benefit from any possible disorders caused from lack of diversity with their parents chromosomes .

but srsly wth did you do to get that result? Trying to get Chrom to talk to more woman? XD

Every single other woman would make a better options than his sisters.

I think you're taking a hack that messes around way too freaking seriously.

Hmm, all avatar logbooks simply point to Avatar_N, we'll need to investigate them further, so unless we figure out how the game reads their data, we're really not going to get anywhere further with this.

Anyways, here's the files, go to your support log and view Frederick and FeMU's B support.
Hmm... since we're only doing this for the sake of coversations for show... what about a combo of RAM hacking and ROM hacking?

What if we were to implement your changes via the file... so the "Player label" would be callable.

And then replace an MU with the proper logbook pointer in RAM to have the ID of the placeholder (such as how the placeholder MU and Chrom do in the premonition chapter.).

I'd love to try that.

The only limitation is that... well...
If this works, you would only theoretically be able to see/record the edited conversation on that particular file and not the logbook.

This is only theory however.

Wait, this won't work.
Logbook pointers only overwrite the status screen portrait...

Which means, that's why it's a default MU that only inherits the hair and not body type. The player character's portrait is a plain Robin. Or at least I feel like it's not dynamically created. It never appears in cutscenes. Only in your premonition status screen. Which is taken care of by the logbook pointer.

(What happens if you wipe the logbook pointer from the premonition MU via ram hacking?)

You can see this properly if you put a logbook pointer on any other character. In battles and status screens, they show whoever that pointer is pointing to.

But on convos, they appear as normal. The only way to call their portrait is through the "this current unit" label like on an event tile.

But what I'm wondering is if we can call portraits and such via the logbook pointer... like in streetpass recruitment dialogue.

Like RAM dump it.

OR it could be easier just to make a portrait of an MU and replace an existing unit's portrait and name.

Edited by Balcerzak

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, anyway, is there a way to give all stats +1 on level up? Tried comparing the Fates code to see if I could somehow port ot to Awakening, no dice >.<

Oh hey, it's you again, except on serenes instead of gbatemp XD

Still attempting to work on that code... No luck so far.