New Serenes Forest banner

VincentASM

If you click anywhere on the banner for magic purple, not just the text, it links you back to the front page of the forums.

If you click anywhere on this banner, aside from the user bar on the right, and lord-ness on the left, you're sent back to the front page of the forums.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The forest an the altar w/ statues looks great and blend in very well. The clouds look very out of place, however, and the armory quote seems really out of place. I realize its supposed to be sort of an easter egg, but it just looks horrible to me.

Snape.

<3

And I absolutely adore the new banner.:)

Edited by eCut

the moving images in the banner look juvenile

no seriously it gives off the impression that this site was made by a 5-year-old

also the magic circle doesn't mesh in well with the altar

Edited by dondon151

the moving images in the banner look juvenile

no seriously it gives off the impression that this site was made by a 5-year-old

also the magic circle doesn't mesh in well with the altar

I don't see anything moving in the banner? Or do you just mean the characters and magic circle?

@Dondon

I personally believe that if something can't get a smile on someone's face, then it's not something worth doing. That said, I also know it's not possible to please everyone. I made a lot of people happy with this banner so I feel it was a job well done. If ya feel it's too zany, then that's a perfectly valid opinion. I'm sorry I couldn't make your day with this fun project of mine. You're probably aware of this, but there's the drop down menu on the bottom to take you to less juvenile themes. That said if you've got some constructive criticism (IE this would work better if you did this...) I'd be willing to listen. Hearing along the terms of "this is bad" doesn't give me direction.

@crash

Yes. Yes it is.

I think the banner screws up my posting capabilities on a phone, which I use to get on Serenes 65% of the time these days...

But, it's still an awesome banner!

I've added the fixes now, thanks to Wooster again.

People experiencing problems should (force) refresh and give me a shout if there are still problems.

Well, I am using Opera 11.62 and I still can't select "Serenes Forest", "Members" and "Calander".

The others can be accessed, though.

Edit: Oh, and the dropout menu of the profile thingy in the upper right corner hides behind the search bar.

Edited by BrightBow

Out of curiosity, what is this in the upper left anyway?

I figured that container overlapped the menu, hence why it can't be selected.

I deactivated Java script but I still can't select that part of the menu.

Well I've been having some problems.

The "Serenes Forest Forums" text link only works if you click at the bottom and the drop-down user menu is blocked by the search box.

Upper left contains the character pop-out, if I've read right.

Will echo Brightbow's problems. . .but at least I can get to my PMs and log out! Thanks!

Okay. Found the bug. I had mistakenly put a _ where a - should be. Typos. They follow me! they want my blood! I've sent the fix off to Vincent.

Thanks for being patient folks!