Fire Emblem: Exalted Legacy

Arch

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding my voice of support for this project (Even though I think Gaiden needs a remake more).

Are you going to balance all of the useless units? Are you taking suggestions for unit balance?

Adding my voice of support for this project (Even though I think Gaiden needs a remake more).

Are you going to balance all of the useless units? Are you taking suggestions for unit balance?

Gaiden is perfectly fine and does not need a remake. If anything, more FE games need to learn from its example. Just imagine how great it would be if every FE had archers with 1-3 and 1-5 range bows exclusively!

Edit: Okay fine it could use more axe users. A lot more.

Edited by Hikarasuman

Never played FE1, but Shadow Dragon was fun. Either way this looks awesome.

What are you gonna do for Marth's battle animation? I could see it being similar to the Shadow Dragon one but if you made it like how they depicted him in Super Smash Bros it'd be cooler.

FE11 Hunter animation. Someone is making it.

Speaking of that, I wonder if all (or most) of the class sprites will eventually be updated for this instead of just using the standard GBA graphics.

Edited by Ryan7556

Can't really offer much in the way of technical help, but, as with everything, I'm more than happy to go over scripts and stuff, even help write, though I doubt you'll need it, if Elibian Nights is any indication. That's a really long sentence. Also, if you need play testers, I'm up. I need some new FE.

Anyway, best of luck. Really looking forward to it.

I'm on a train right now, and my only Internet is through mobile right now. As such I can't really go through quoting posts and responding to everything. I'll just tackle things in points.

1. I plan on following the NoA translations. Caeda it is.

2. No, I have no plans on getting an entirely new set of animations made. There's so much effort involved for that to happen, it's an insane prospect.

3. Of course I will be modifying stats and growths. That's not even like...a question.

4. Yes, there will be defense chapters. And they will be awesome (at least, I want them to be).

5. I don't want to reveal all of my secrets, obviously, in regards to the cast. Will Norne and Frey be there? We'll see. I'm not ruling them out. They have a better chance of being included than freakin' Boah or Tomas, though.

6. Some of the useless units are being cut; whoever remains I want to be balanced, yes. I strive towards a cast where every unit has a role that they can fill.

Dammit Arch, at this rate there won't be anything left to remake.

I support this project figuratively, along with the usual help I do on this forum either way. My PM box is always open to you, Arch. Do your best.

Where's Vergil?