FEGame - Check first post!

In the Preparations Screen, when Viewing Map...  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Press B to return to the menu? (keeping in mind B is no longer the button that speeds up the cursor)

• Yes, pressing B in FE8 was convenient!
    • No, pressing B in FE8 made it annoying!

Everyone, thank you for all your submitted characters, skills, chapters, and everything! I have more than enough to fill the game now, so it seems--so I'll be closing the doors on submitted ideas for now. This will only last until I can get caught up with some more work done on the game, but I don't want preplanning to get in the way of development, so once I have some more chapters done, I'll start taking submissions again.

The exceptions are, of course, those with graphics. I won't take just anything, but I'm still quite lenient when a portrait is provided.

Otherwise, hopefully the next time I make a major post, it'll be after I've got some progress!

This is very early in development, but I wanted to put this up because of reasons addressed at the end of the post.

Normally my games are a long, single chapter with lots of custom code, but I wanted to go in a different direction and make a game with lots of small-to-medium chapters with as little coding as possible, basically something of a more "standard" FEXNA game. I'll probably still make some custom skills, but I'm going to try and focus on content. Speaking of content, here are a couple quick screenshots to show there's actually something going on:

726dbeab28ae9e6578dfc47823309b68.png

So, why did I want to make the thread so soon? Because I don't have enough "stuff" to produce a large-scale game, so that's where you come in! I'm looking for characters, playable, boss, and even NPC. Self-inserts, OCs, all fine. If you have a certain idea for how you want your recruitment/boss chapter to go, I'll hear that, too! Be sure to give your portrait, class, stats, favorite weapon, personal skill if you want one, and relevant text (hopefully including level up quotes for bad, average, and good levels, but I don't guarantee I'll use them). Be detailed, or don't. Also say about how early/late in the game you want to appear--note that if you say you're a Swordmaster that appears earlygame or have a powerful personal skill or whatever, or have a mug with FE7 colors, I'll probably make some alterations. (Also, I'm not going to, like, make sprites for custom/new classes, but if you have some, I can definitely consider giving pretty much anyone a special class!)

Anyway, yeah! Uhh, stuff?

Here's a doc with all the submitted characters and some quick info about them. I'll probably fill it in with some more details over time, but the portraits will be happy to be attended to anytime~

Don't feel the need to follow this exactly, but here's a general idea of the information I'd like to be provided when submitting a character:

Name

Portrait (I very much prefer that it's provided and in GBA or FEXP format, but at least an appearance description)

Affinity

Class(es) (base class and one promotion or promoted base class) (ideally something that uses existing sprites, be they from any of the GBA games, the Animation Resource thread, or your own creation)

Preferred inventory and equippable weapons per class (example: one character is a Knight that uses Bows and something else (I think lances) and because sprites for that exist, that's totally cool)

General join time (earlygame, midgame, lategame, or anywhere inbetween. Note that earlygame proper is filling up, but there are some spots left)

Personal Skill if desired (it's totally optional but hey they're cool)

Some description of stats

Some description of dialogue/information (R-button info, level-up quotes (planned on using 3 tiers but many people submit 4, in which case I'll just choose) recruitment and possibly some scenario/support talking, or boss quote (always death quote))

Some description of recruitment/encounter conditions (anywhere from just how they're recruited (from chapter start, red unit you talk to with hero) to a full chapter idea)

Immediate double post because this is a somewhat important post.

Everyone, thank you for all your submitted characters, skills, chapters, and everything! I have more than enough to fill the game now, so it seems--so I'll be closing the doors on submitted ideas for now. This will only last until I can get caught up with some more work done on the game, but I don't want preplanning to get in the way of development, so once I have some more chapters done, I'll start taking submissions again.

The exceptions are, of course, those with graphics. I won't take just anything, but I'm still quite lenient when a portrait is provided.

Otherwise, hopefully the next time I make a major post, it'll be after I've got some progress!

Edited by 47948201

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather than attempt some sort of grandiose character-building thingy, I'm gonna grab someone with an existing mug, and screw with their backstory.

Name: Ewan

Class: Dark Mage

Join time: Early (because playable early dark mages are funny, 'k?)

Bio: Once, he lived happily with his sister, Tethys. She danced for money, and he was the adorable little boy that melted the hearts (and purse strings) of middle-aged ladies. One day, a wealthy customer requested a private dance. Tethys gave her brother a kiss on the forehead, and left. Two days later, Ewan was reunited with his sister. . .or rather, his sister's twisted corpse. The customer was nowhere to be found. Enraged, Ewan buried what was left of her, and sought out the dark magics, in the hopes that he could resurrect her, and deliver justice to the monster who killed her.

If you have a certain idea for how you want your recruitment/boss chapter to go, I'll hear that, too!

Something that I was wanting to experiment with personally (and will almost certainly never get around to doing knowing my work ethic) was a really bizarre recruitment--

With significant text hints in previous chapters (relationship between this unit and previous unit-- siblings or lovers would make the most sense), a unit that appears to be a generic when hovered over in every way.

Except when they enter a battle with animations on-- they'd have a unique battle palette, distinct from the rest of the army.

The obvious problem with this is in order to make it work it has to be a map with green units that don't stand a chance against the group of enemies that has this recruitable.

Also I'd be more than willing to help with anything sprite- or story- or character-related.

(I really can't do maps, but it seems like that isn't an issue for you)

[and I will totally have a character writeup + custom work if warranted for you later: collabs are the best]

*jumps at chance to put Stephan in an FE-style game*

Pull the character marked "Stephan" from the spoiler in this topic.

Whether you add him in as and NPC or playable character, have him introduce himself and say he came from "a land you probably haven't heard of." Have him give the player a Silver Sword if he's an NPC.

If he is a playable character, he'd be a Mercenary. Have him appear mid-chapter wondering where he is, then realize there's a problem going on. He joins the fight as an NPC-unit and can be recruited when the main hero talks to him.

[spoiler=Dialogue!]

When entering chapter:

"Where in the world am I? This isn't Moneo..."

"Hm? Seems to be a fight going on. But who's fighting?"

"Well, I'm not going to get answers just standing here!"

When being recruited:

Stephan: "You there!"

Hero: "Me?"

Stephan: "Can you tell me where I am?"

Hero: "Um, what? You're not with the enemy team?"

Stephan: "I was brought here... somehow. I'm on my own for the time being."

Hero: "Oh, well, this is [insert land's name here]"

Stephan: "Uh-huh... Are you the leader of this team?"

Hero: "I am."

Stephan: "Then I shall stick with you for now."

Hero: "What?"

Stephan: "I'm not going to learn anything on my own. Will you help me return home?"

Hero: "...Of course."

Stephan joins! (Tweak the Hero's dialogue however you need to. It is your character after all and I don't know how he/she acts.)

0-1 Stats Level Up:

"Hm...."

Low Stats Level Up:

"Nice. Getting better."

Mid Stats Level Up:

"Yes!"

High Stats Level Up:

"I'm not going to go down easily."

Promote:

"Everyone... I'll be home soon."

Death:

"No, not here... Grandfather... Ugh.........."

Final Battle Quote:

"I've met a lot of new friends on this strange journey, but I'd like to return to my homeland now. And if beating you is the only way to do that, then so be it! We've come this far and I'm not about to let my new friends down now!"

Up to you if you have the final boss respond or not.

End (Alive):

"With the fighting in this world done, Stephan was magically transported home, never to be seen again."

End (Dead):

"With his fighting in the world done, Stephan was magically transported home..."

Character Description:

"A hero-in-training from a far off land. Brave and somewhat reckless."

[spoiler=Stats & Stuff]

Personal weapon:

"Friendship Blade" A weapon given to Stephan when he set out on his adventure. MT 8, HIT 90, WT 5, CRT 3, Uses 50, Worth -, Rank E

Stats:

Health: 34 (50%)

Attack: 10 (75%)

Defense: 5 (67%)

Magic Attack: 3 (10%)

Magic Defense: 5 (10%)

Speed: 17 (43%)

Luck: 8 (39%)

Personal Skill:

Armor Break (May lower the foe's DEF)

I'd help you with the game itself, but I have never used any FE editing program. But here's a character for you to do stuff with! Let me know if you put him in and when the game's done so I can play it! :)

EDIT: Added character description.

EDIT2: Included the Final Battle quote.

Edited by Power Master

@Eliwan: Sounds really cool, and I think it would fit nicely, definitely doing it!

@Leifinator: Any indoor maps? I'm not very creative, so those are tough to plan out.

@Power Master: Awesome, this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm going for. I forgot about promotion quotes, actually, cool. I'll go ahead and run the stats against existing units to decide what chapter to put him in, but I was looking for a male mercenary to add, so yeah.

@Power Master: Awesome, this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm going for. I forgot about promotion quotes, actually, cool. I'll go ahead and run the stats against existing units to decide what chapter to put him in, but I was looking for a male mercenary to add, so yeah.

Cool! You're welcome :)

I didn't edit a battle sprite for him, though, but simply give him a black and grey pallet (and brown hair) matching his portrait and you pretty much got him.

I may not be good at characters, but I have got weapon and class ideas by the dozen!

Classes: Tactitian (Swords and Anima Magic, promotes into Grandmaster to gain Staves)

Wyvern Mage (Mage, but on a wyvern! Maybe promotes to get Spears?)

Dark Knight (Axes and Dark Magic, mounted)

Weapons: Runeblade (Uses Wielder Strength vs. Enemy Resistance to deal damage)

Sword Rain (Anima Tome, uses Wielder Magic vs. Enemy Defence)

Graceful Sword (Ups Speed and Skill by 3, but lowers Defence and Resistance by 3 as well)

Wrath Sword (Might doubles when below half HP)

Axes on dark knight sound good, I would totally do that, except I don't have any sprites for any of those classes... Yet, that is~

Sword Rain sounds cool, perfect for a planned boss, Graceful/Wrath weapons are also the types of things I'll definitely look into implementing. I haven't decided how crazy I want to get with weapons, but we'll see~

Could probably use a bit more cleanup, but this dude should suffice for a late-game boss. Have him use some sort of axe. Class is General.

I'm assuming width isn't an issue for non-playable character sprites.

q6J6rif.png

Skills:

Slow/Quick Burn:

Allows the "Slow/Quick Burn" menu option.

When you activate Slow Burn, the character's turn ends. The next two turns are normal, but the 3rd and 4th have the character get all stats a 1.5x multiplier. The 5th and on have normal stats.

Quick burn is the same, but with the stats kicking in the turn immediately after activating at a 2.0x multiplier, but the turn after having stats halved.

More weapons:

Dancing Edge: If Wielder Speed is 3x greater than Enemy, you get 3 attacks instead of 2. (Meant for Thieves and Myrmidons)

Healer: Heal any character at Magic/2 range and any ally character in the four spaces surrounding them.

Guard Lance: +3 Defence and Resistance, -3 Speed and Skill (meant for Knights)

I'm not good with Fire Emblem style portraits, but I guess I'll make a character for you. I'll try to make a character portrait in the future if you don't have anything that you can use as a substitute.

Mondo

Class: Cleric / Bard (Whichever one works better for you).

Joins: Early Game

Bio: Originally a shaman, he practiced the dark arts on a daily basis on the pursuit of knowledge. As he continued to research, he became progressively more interested in the ability to summon. After countless methods of research, Mondo finally perfected his ability to summon. And what he summoned was a hellish demon that was capable of eradicating the entire town. No matter what he tried, his dark arts proved to be ineffective against the beast. Giving up on all of his academia, he turned towards faith and prayed. Eventually, a lone woman stood up against the beast. She cast a holy spell that slayed the beast. Upon seeing her amazing power, felt that his research of dark magic was pointless and instead turned his life to the religion of Arogna, and eventually started a church.

Growths:

Staff: E

Lv 1:

Hp: (18) 55%

Str: (4) 45%

Mag: (7) 35%

Skill: (3) 25%

Spd: (5) 45%

Lk: (1) 75%

Def: (4) 25%

Res: (4) 25%

Skill: Blessing - Grants an additional skill to make staff heals / effects AoE, but with reduced effectiveness. 75% effectiveness. (Does not work with Naturally AoE staves.)

Death: Dearest Arogna, forgive my insolence for I have fallen without spreading the good word...

In-Game Description: A cleric. Originally a practitioner of the dark arts, but now dedicates his life to others.

Recruitment: Either have him join at the start of the game as already in the party with the hero, or have him in a village. If he's with the hero at the start, have him agreed to help the hero on the terms that the hero gives him the time to preach after he has completed a battle and to bless the souls of the fallen-- whether they are enemy or ally. If he's not with the hero, have him in a village and offer to heal him, but not detail why he wants to join-- basically have him sort of shifty like this:

Mondo: My good man, you look like you could use some healing don't you?

Hero: Healers are nice I suppose--

Mondo: Then look no further than me! Mondo! I can heal you with no problems, yessiree!

Hero: I don't think I need a healer like you.

Mondo: Don't need a healer like me!? Are you serious? You clearly are in need of mad help if you think you can survive out there without a healer. Everyone has one.

Hero: I don't.

Mondo: And now you do!

Hero: ... This has bad idea written all over it.

Mondo: The only "bad idea" is the fact that you're just standing there yapping. Let's move!

Level up:

Good: "I know I'm supposed to be humble but... I'm amazing."

Average: "I'd like to bring some soul to our group."

Poor: "It's not great, but I think I can manage."

Awful: "I still cannot escape my dark shadow it seems."

As long as he doesn't become a class that uses dark magic, he's open to using any weapons at promotion. He's not above riding a mount.

@Ciraxis: Wow, menacing, I might even have to make him reappear once or twice. Does he have a name and such?

@Corrobin: Huuuuhhh, the burn skills are very interesting. Menu command skills are harder to implement, but I'll see what I can do. Likewise with dancing edge--I don't know if it'll work, but it definitely sounds worth a try. I don't particularly want to mess with staff code, but we'll see~

@Augestein: Still don't know much about the workings of staff code to say how feasible AoE will be, but that sounds like an interesting cleric, so uhh... I don't really have much in the way of portraits for another cleric...

More classes:

White Knight (mounted, Sword and Light Magic, gains Staves on promotion to Holy Knight)

Rune Knight (mounted, Spear and Anima Magic, Promotes to Spell Knight and gains Bows)

Weapons:

Bloodedge (Sword with Nosferatu's Life Drain ability)

Stop (Staff that has a range of Mag/2, cuts Enemy Speed in half and prevents movement)

Dull Weapon (Staff with range of Mag/2, cuts Attack in half)

New Character

Name:Aerune

Class: Shaman

Jointime: Midgame, possibly ready to promote.

Bio: Aerune is a scholarly Dark Mage, one particularly leaning towards learning of ways to sustain life. Originally, he had focused on necromancy, but after summoning a revenant that plundered 3 floors of his mage tower and nearly killed another student, he decided that learning how to sustain life was favorable to attempting to return it. This led him to study the art of the Druids, and although his combat capabilities with staves are, suffice to say, lacking, he at least is able to use them in a controlled environment as long as the recipient hadn't sustained life-threatening injury or illness. He also took up script in order to write his own Nosferatu tome. He began experiments with Anima magic, but his literacy did him no favors in this regard. Has a habit of referring to himself in the third person as "this one" and others as "that one."

Mods: +HP, -Str, +Mag, +Skl, -Spd, -Lck, +Def, +Res

Level 7-12(your choice)

Skill: Trample(double attack if Con is higher than opponent, even if AS is not)

Death Quote: As long as another lives, This one embraces death.

Mouse over descriptor: A chanter that seeks to prevent injury. Talks in the Third Person.

Recruitment: A Pent situation, in that he is competent enough to complete a chapter for you if you are in no rush to recruit him in this chapter. Could be a castle map and have him hold a Chest Key to open a chest. Is able to recruit himself on Neutral Phase if the main protagonist is in range. Otherwise, MP is able to recruit him. Promotes to FE8 Druid. His convo could go like this:

Aerune: Oh dear, it appears that one might be lost within the halls. Or is it this one? This one is unsure.

MP: Are you with these people?

Aerune: This one cares not to associate with the defilers. This one has dealt with some already.

MP: Will "this one" help us to continue to defeat them, then?

Aerune: This one is confused. That one is in charge of them, why would that one need convincing? This one is all too happy to oblige, however.

MP: You... that one is very clever.

Aerune: Indeed.

MP: This one is honored to accept that one.

Arulle

Class: Mercenary -> Hero (Or Custom if I finish my animation)

Mid-Game Join

Bio: A mystery woman who lost her memories from a bump on the head. Her attire are unlike any in the world, many speculates she is a foreigner from another Continent or most improbable theory, another world. The only thing she remembers is her unique combat style and a name, Arulle. Interestingly enough, the woman herself is uncertain if Arulle is her name, or someone else's name, but she took it as her name all the same just so she can have a name to be called on. Unsurprisingly, her personality is intact enough to deduce that she is not a bad person by any means. Her attitude toward wars is indifference. From time to time if strategies come up, she throw in her own opinions and contradict another if one would leads to overall failure, in war, tactic means difference to her, or so she feels.

Alternative Option-

As near final Boss with class of Hero. (Or custom if finished)

Bio: A mystery woman who lost her memories from a bump on the head. Her attire are unlike any in the world, many speculates she is a foreigner from another Continent or most improbable theory, another world. The only thing she remembers is her unique combat style and a name, Arulle. Interestingly enough, the woman herself is uncertain if Arulle is her name, or someone else's name, but she took it as her name all the same just so she can have a name to be called on. Unsurprisingly, her personality is intact enough to deduce that she is not a bad person by any means. Her attitude toward wars is indifference. Swayed by the player's opposing side's view, Arulle felt that her side would leads to a better future than the player's side and therefore oppose them regardless of opinions. Had she met the player's side first, perhaps she could had made a difference with them.

Portrait: zWGixTW.pngPlease be aware for anyone other than 47948201 that this is strictly request permission only, and even then I may refuse because this is meant to tease my hack. (Yes for the old veterans who remember my hack, I'm reviving it and working on it again. Look forward to it. :) )

Ally

Level assumed as 6-8, may increase and scale the stats along if necessary.

HP: 20 (47%)

Str: 11 (52%)

Mag: 5 (65%)

Skl: 10 (55%)

Spd: 8 (47%)

Lck: 10 (50%)

Def: 4 (40%)

Res: 6 (57%)

Wexp: Mercenary C Sword (Custom C Lance)

Weapon: Light Brand, Steel Sword

Boss

Lv: 17

Hp: 59

Str: 23

Mag: 27

Skl: 27

Spd: 25

Lck: 18

Def: 19

Res: 24

Wexp: Hero A Sword A Axe (Custom S Lance)

Weapon: Bolt Axe, Wind Sword (Gungnir)

Personal Skill: Tactical Lethality: Adds SKL to critical chance.

Personal Weapon acquired as Boss: Gungnir - S Rank Lance. Use: Inf | Mt: 13 | Hit: 70 | Crit: 10 | Rng: 1-2 | Type: 1- Str (Melee) 2- Mag (Range)

Description: An Evil Lance manifested by Arulle, it is only presentable once a virtuous person reach the limit of her conviction and desires an end.

Recruitment: Spawns in middle of an empty plain from nothing.

Add race to recruit maybe? (Enemy boss type unit reach her first = Leave for good and appears as enemy boss later in the game. Recruit by you = Rescued and join permanently)

If Enemy reach Arulle first-

Enemy Boss type unit: You... Who are you?! Identity yourself!

???: ...Who am I? I can't remember...

Enemy Boss type unit: Don't do anything funny, I'll take you to a nearby safe location and inspect you, please rest assured you will not be harmed if you do not anything funny. What's your name miss?

???: I... I only remember a word... Arulle.

Enemy Boss type unit: Unknown name, very well, your name will be Arulle, pleasure to meet you, now come this way. There is a war going on, it would be best if you were to leave quickly after we check you out.

Arulle: Understood.

Both leave for good.

You are welcome to take a more humanity interaction between these two, I'm not always good at making random conversation when I don't know about other side.

If Player reach Arulle first-

Hero ask who she is and why she's here.

Arulle: I... I don't remember... H-how did I get here?

Hero then ask her to head to a safer location than here.

Arulle: ...Why?

Hero explains the situation

Arulle: I can't say how, but I'm pretty good with my tool of trade, perhaps I could aid you? Presuming you have a need of one.

Hero welcomes her in.

After chapter if Arulle is recruited by player.

Hero ask if she remembers anything about herself.

Arulle:... Sorry but no. I only remember a word, Arulle.

Hero ask if it's her name.

Arulle: I don't know, but might as well use it as my calling name, feel free to call me Arulle.

Hero ask about herself

Arulle: I have no memory of myself, and you ask me that? You are amusing.

Hero apologize

Arulle: In due time, I'll recover some, rest assured no matter what happens to me, I'll stick by you until whatever it is you have to do is over.

Cease conversation.

If Enemy captures Arulle

Final big bad boss meets Arulle

BBEG: Who are you? Why did you approach my (wherever he is)?

Arulle: I have heard your side of the war is seeking (suitable end goal that doesn't involve anything bad relative to the world) I would like to lend a hand, at least, I can have something to do until my memory is recovered.

BBEG let her do as her please cuz BBEG need more minions amirite

Arulle: My thanks.

As a boss, battle conv

Arulle: I have heard of your plight, and I am unfortunate to say I wish I could had helped you instead, but once I've chosen a side, I intends to stick with it to the end. Bring your best!

Boss Death quote

Arulle: ...Oh... I remember... Yaot...i.... yo....u...

Player death quote

Arulle: ...Seems like I failed once more... Pyinaught... forgive your... foolish... general.

Player description

An enigmatic woman who lost her memories. All she remember is a word, her combat arts, and her tactics skill. A good individual at a fault and sticks to one path she believes in.

Boss description

An enigmatic woman who lost her memories. A good individual at a fault and refuse to budge once she have chosen a path. If only she met someone better...

Level quote

Great: (5+ or more) Seems like my skills are still intact.

Good: (4+) There's quite a room for improvement.

Average: (3+) I wonder if I could get my memories back?

Poor: (2+) This isn't good enough for me.

Awful: (1+) Pyinaught would despair if they lea... huh? What did I say?

Edited by Fateborn

@Ciraxis: Barbas it is! Maybe I'll even give him Constructs~

@HAF: lol these unpromoted units who can summon, but okay so he's not one for anima magic yet promotes to FE8 Druid? Overall though, I can picture that one existing. Got a sprite, though?

@Fateborn: Looks cool, though I do already have a female hero, so if your custom sprite is ready by the time I'm working on midgame I'll make her use that there (which female mercenary sprite should she use?) and if not I'll go the boss route; I can imagine that personal skill working on a boss.

More classes:

White Knight (mounted, Sword and Light Magic, gains Staves on promotion to Holy Knight)

Rune Knight (mounted, Spear and Anima Magic, Promotes to Spell Knight and gains Bows)

Weapons:

Bloodedge (Sword with Nosferatu's Life Drain ability)

Stop (Staff that has a range of Mag/2, cuts Enemy Speed in half and prevents movement)

Dull Weapon (Staff with range of Mag/2, cuts Attack in half)

Oh herp yeah sorry lol I saw your post but did something else and forgot to respond, the thing with classes is still the sprites, that's really kind of a major thing for everything here.

Debuff staves, though, yes! I definitely need to make some of those.

I don't mind doing some character quotes, if you want them. I'll leave stats/growths up to you - just don't make him worse than his Sacred Stones incarnation. . .that's all I ask.