Marriage, confessions & children

VincentASM

As much as I like this system, something has been bugging me lately the more that I think about it.

It's been confirmed that My Unit's kid is Mark, regardless of gender. And all the female units, aside from the children, Anna, Tiki, and Sairi have kids. So, for example, if My Unit married Liz, would you still get both Mark and Wood, or only one of them?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like this system, something has been bugging me lately the more that I think about it.

It's been confirmed that My Unit's kid is Mark, regardless of gender. And all the female units, aside from the children, Anna, Tiki, and Sairi have kids. So, for example, if My Unit married Liz, would you still get both Mark and Wood, or only one of them?

Both. Having an exclusive only nets you one.

Both. Having an exclusive only nets you one.

The same goes for Krom. Krom and male MU add an additional kid to whatever one the female would have, if any: they don't override it.

So no matter what pairings you make, it's possible to get all 13 kids.

Ok, that's good. Thanks, guys.

EDIT: One other thing. Are all the kids hair colors determined by the father?

Edited by Karaszure

Ok, that's good. Thanks, guys.

EDIT: One other thing. Are all the kids hair colors determined by the father?

If MU is male, then female Mark's hair color is determined by her mother. Otherwise, yes.

Lucina's appearance seems to be fixed in all cases, which shouldn't be a surprise.

.....I HAVE FOUND MY FUTURE WIFE! I mean eh MU's wife! Hehehehe......

On a serious note though, I'm surprised no one has "claimed" her as a wife or anything. Guess it's up to me XD

I guess we have something in common. I was peeved when I found out she doesn't have any children, but seeing her confession image makes me rage less.

so, you lose out on about 13 units by avoiding romance options

interesting

Minor spoilers, but marking it anyway.

Only 12. Pairing Krom isn't optional, and unless you kill off several characters, he'll wind up marrying a playable female, who will have her own kid as well.

However, for the other 11, as long as the relevant units stay alive, you can make the pairings and trigger and complete the Gaidens to recruit them anytime you want, past the halfway point in the story when that becomes available.

Edited by Othin

I wonder if I'm the only person who's kind of bothered that children are determined solely by the mother. :/: It would have been cool if there were one or more male characters (besides Krom and male MU) who had "confirmed" children. I mean, if you don't marry anyone then you don't get the kids. And regardless of who the mother marries she always has the same child (just with changed hair color). So why couldn't we have a few not-Krom-or-MU male characters who had children solely determined by them?

I'd have liked that myself, but it's probably an attempt at keeping things simple. All females being able to have children as opposed to picking and choosing which females and males get children. I wish the males had children though, mostly since I really like the concept so far.

Minor spoilers, but marking it anyway.

Only 12. Pairing Krom isn't optional, and unless you kill off several characters, he'll wind up marrying a playable female, who will have her own kid as well.

However, for the other 11, as long as the relevant units stay alive, you can make the pairings and trigger and complete the Gaidens to recruit them anytime you want, past the halfway point in the story when that becomes available.

I kind of want to avoid having any kids. . . seems oddly restrictive lol

I can understand Krom's situation with Lucina, but do we know if Mark is required? If so, I might as well just avoid playing a female MU this time around. . .

Seriously anti yuri lol

I wonder if I'm the only person who's kind of bothered that children are determined solely by the mother. :/: It would have been cool if there were one or more male characters (besides Krom and male MU) who had "confirmed" children. I mean, if you don't marry anyone then you don't get the kids. And regardless of who the mother marries she always has the same child (just with changed hair color). So why couldn't we have a few not-Krom-or-MU male characters who had children solely determined by them?

technically; the gender of a child is determined by the father, not the mother.

funny how they chose to make it the opposite for some reason. . .

Welp, Sigurd's generation set the tradition, and with this being Fire Emblem, it's followed for at least another game (aka this one).

I kind of want to avoid having any kids. . . seems oddly restrictive lol

I can understand Krom's situation with Lucina, but do we know if Mark is required? If so, I might as well just avoid playing a female MU this time around. . .

Seriously anti yuri lol

Mark is not required. If you don't pair MU, he/she will not do anything, and even if you do, the Gaiden where you recruit him/her is optional. Similarly, you don't have to actually recruit Krom's other kid; you can ignore their Gaiden entirely.

I don't see what this has to do with yuri or playing a female MU, but whatever.

I'd have liked that myself, but it's probably an attempt at keeping things simple. All females being able to have children as opposed to picking and choosing which females and males get children. I wish the males had children though, mostly since I really like the concept so far.

Well, I was more thinking something along the lines of: since each female (with the exception of three so far) get has one child, then the males should each have one child attached to them ... or something like that.

technically; the gender of a child is determined by the father, not the mother.

I KNOW that. -_- I'm well aware of my basic biology, thankyouverymuch. But the children are attached to the mother, is what I mean. For example ... Liz's son exists depending on whether Liz is married or not. The father can be anyone, but Liz's son is always Liz's son.

Edited by Jihyun

Mark is not required. If you don't pair MU, he/she will not do anything, and even if you do, the Gaiden where you recruit him/her is optional. Similarly, you don't have to actually recruit Krom's other kid; you can ignore their Gaiden entirely.

I don't see what this has to do with yuri or playing a female MU, but whatever.

well that's a relief; call it yuri OCD.

just would seem weird to play as a character and have the game tell you "NO, YOU'RE HAVING A KID" lol

I may wind up just settling for the main team, unless one of the kids is interesting enough to get

Edited by StrategistPockystix

Well, I was more thinking something along the lines of: since each female (with the exception of three so far) get has one child, then the males should each have one child attached to them ... or something like that.

It'd be cool, but it might be more children than the developers want. They could've given half the guys kids and half the girls kids, but then there'd be pairings that doesn't produce kids and the devs don't want to screw players out of children because they like a certain pair, either. So it's really just for simplicity's sake and continuity. It's nothing more.

Edited by Luminescent Blade

... I just wonder how the hell they'll justify/explain in the storyline how some children look older than their parents. But I like the idea, anyway.

If online play is is confirmed (well, this works even if it isn't) I have the most horrible plan in FE continuity. Wait 'tillall FE4 units are out. Enemy team must include Sigurd. Include tome-user in party. Kill off enemy team systematically and close in on Sigurd. Apply buffs to tome-user. Spam Meteor. Revel in your cruelty.

I totally want to put a Celice team vs Sigurd team, if that's the case. Sounds fun!

It'd be cool, but it might be more children than the developers want. They could've given half the guys kids and half the girls kids, but then there'd be pairings that doesn't produce kids and the devs don't want to screw players out of children because they like a certain pair, either. So it's really just for simplicity's sake and continuity. It's nothing more.

I do agree with that. But in FE4, they gave each mother two children instead of one. And the character roster for FE13 currently doesn't look at big either ...

I do agree with that. But in FE4, they gave each mother two children instead of one. And the character roster for FE13 currently doesn't look at big either ...

In FE4 it's also a generation system while FE13, the children are playable alongside the parents. Plus FE13 also lets you get DLCs and spotpasses so the actual playable cast is pretty big. I've counted 30something parent+children so far so it's not/that/ small.

In FE4 it's also a generation system while FE13, the children are playable alongside the parents. Plus FE13 also lets you get DLCs and spotpasses so the actual playable cast is pretty big. I've counted 30something parent+children so far so it's not/that/ small.

Well, if you say so. I haven't been that actively keeping up with FE13 info, so I'm sure there's a lot I still don't know. ._.

I count 30 "regular" characters, 13 children characters, at least 5 bonus characters, 3 DLC characters and counting, and a fuckload of SpotPass characters. Sounds solid enough to me, especially with all the flexibility many of those characters can have.