Rate the Unit, Day 2: Titania

PKL

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean I haven't played this game but I've looked at it and she is one of the reasons this game is so easy.

10/10, would add bias (I know her from FE10 which I have played) but... y'know.

Ein, I'm assuming you're serious in your rating. Which is why I have to say this:

Why are we comparing FE9 characters to characters in other series?! You do not judge Titania against Seth in an FE9 rate the unit. Seth might be 10/10 in his own game. That's great. Titania can be 10/10 in her own game as well. "Not Seth" is not a valid reasoning for rating Titania. "Not Seth" was not accepted in FE8, THE GAME THAT SETH IS IN. It makes no sense for it to be valid in a game where Seth does not exist.

PKL ... the next time someone gives "not [insert non-FE character here]" as a part of their rating, you should just throw it out with no questions asked. Because this is a little ridiculous. No one brought up FE7 characters in the FE8 thread. Nor vice versa. FE4 was not brought up outside its own thread. So why do people get the idea that this is okay for FE9?

I feel like it's only okay to compare when you mention how, for example, Titania does what Seth or Sigurd does in their respective games, but in her game. But using that for the sole base of ranking should not be allowed. Hence why I added more to my ranking.

9.5/10, I've played FE9 Efficiency and Titania gets 1-up'd when your units begin to promote and Marcia takes over the game at some point. Granted, she is a very very good character, but I don't think 10/10 is right.

I feel like it's only okay to compare when you mention how, for example, Titania does what Seth or Sigurd does in their respective games, but in her game. But using that for the sole base of ranking should not be allowed. Hence why I added more to my ranking.

That is fine. But ranking Titania because she is "not Seth" when 1) Seth does not exist in her game and 2) "not X" votes are not allowed in the first place should be an obvious no-no. How many "rate the unit" threads have we had before this, exactly?

His reasoning was basically the same as mine, what's your point? Stop taking these "rate the units" thread so serious and these threads wouldn't be so dumb.

Edited by Mercenary Raven

I never said it was a bad thing. I merely said that coming off as an asshole in these threads all the time when someone is ~*wrong*~ makes you look uptight and makes threads really stupid.

Ein, I'm assuming you're serious in your rating. Which is why I have to say this: Why are we comparing FE9 characters to characters in other series?! You do not judge Titania against Seth in an FE9 rate the unit. Seth might be 10/10 in his own game. That's great. Titania can be 10/10 in her own game as well. Not Seth is not a valid reasoning for rating Titania. Not Seth was not accepted in FE8, THE GAME THAT SETH IS IN. It makes no sense for it to be valid in a game where Seth does not exist. PKL ... the next time someone gives not [insert non-FE character here]" as a part of their rating, you should just throw it out with no questions asked. Because this is a little ridiculous. No one brought up FE7 characters in the FE8 thread. Nor vice versa. FE4 was not brought up outside its own thread. So why do people get the idea that this is okay for FE9?
Im obviously not counting that vote. Im not THAT forgiving :p.

I never said it was a bad thing. I merely said that coming off as an asshole in these threads all the time when someone is ~*wrong*~ makes you look uptight and makes threads really stupid.

I'm trying NOT to come off as one. But the day we rated Ike, someone said "not Sigurd" for Ike. On the day we rate Titania, someone says, "not Seth" for Titania. And I'm so sorry if docking units points for not being a character that doesn't even exist in the game in question when "not X" arguments are forbidden anyway, is a pet peeve of mine.

10/10. She sets the benchmark for "excellent". She absolutely dominates up until around the time where Ike promotes, at which point she continues to be quite a powerful member of her team. Her usefulness will fade towards the very last chapters of the game, but that's not worth a deduction when she singlehandedly makes the earlygame a cakewalk and shaves unbelievable amounts of turns to boot.

I'm trying NOT to come off as one. But the day we rated Ike, someone said "not Sigurd" for Ike. On the day we rate Titania, someone says, "not Seth" for Titania. And I'm so sorry if docking units points for not being a character that doesn't even exist in the game in question when "not X" arguments are forbidden anyway, is a pet peeve of mine.

And people who trivialize others' opinions for whatever reason is a pet peeve of mine. People won't change their views and they won't respond well to people jumping on them over something like this- just let the fact that their vote's either being thrown out, will be drowned out by others', or just the fact that this is a thread about a video game and something we post in for fun bring you solace.

better question is why are people so uptight in these threads

~_~

ya rly.

Fucking hell, it was just one line people. Let's ignore the rest of Ein's argument and focus on ONE irrelevant thing... dry.gif

God I love these things.

You gotta admit she falls behind lategame but she still decimates a good chunk of the early game.

Basically I gave her an 8 because she's good but she's no Seth AND I'M NOT BEING A DICK THIS TIME so chill.

Considering that FE9 has several decent characters, the Christmas knights being two big ones, and BEXP to make said units better sooner Titania MIGHT fall behind a bit. If I recall correctly, probably not, her STR is okay and she might need forged Steel Axes/Hand Axes to aid her OHKOs but then again FE9 enemies are rather subpar. Unless we're talking about Maniac mode but some FE9 players may not have access to that mode and I haven't played said difficulty.

Or something. So go ahead. Tear my reasoning apart. I understand and know WHY you all think she's pretty damn godlike, because she is, but still.

For reference, this is 1 sentence out of 8, 23 words out of 151, 107 characters out of 844, etc.

Edited by Refa

Okay. What about the last line where he admits she's godlike? Apparently these days being godlike only gets you an 8?

I dunno, better wait till he gets on, lol. tongue.gif

No need to mention about her. She is the best unit in this game and there is almost no possible way to get her destroyed even if you send her to areas with lots of enemies.

So...

11/10 I would give her this rating if I could since I can't it's definitely 10/10