Cam's Crapola

CT075

Tug4P.png

Pink: making seamless mountains is how you make the purty mountains. These pink circles show where the mountains look very tile-based, where the tiles don't mesh seamlessly together as well they could. (even though the GBA tilesets have the most options for mountain designs, I know there's not a lot of perfect fix tiles available, especially when you want your mountain to look a certain way. Sometimes seamless designs are just hard to get right [look at some of FE8's mountains for bad examples!])

Green: Personally I think you should connect that mountain range all the way through. There's a single tile that isn't a ridge, but a rising side, and it throws off the perspective to me. That's just a suggestion though.

Yeah, there are a ton of problems with that range. I'm tempted to scrap it and start over, since a bunch of the designs I had on a quick sketch (if you could call my mass of scribbles a 'sketch') didn't work because the tiles didn't mesh properly.

DwcLb.png

Pink - The top part of the ridge is shaded, but that clashes with the light of the tile above it. There should be a tile just like that with light shading (there's several "option" tiles which are the same exact design but with different shading around it)

Blue - I almost think you should make that a disconnected spot, where the mountain continues diagonally, and use a one-tile mountain piece. That, or make the bottom-left of the circle thicker so as to support the height of the ridge you're currently using.

(also right tot he left of this color, your mountain ends with the wrong kind of ridge cap. There's one that's much more vertical and which properly ends the ridge--right now it looks like you used one meant to have a completely-dark tile beneath it--to me)

Green - The shading on these tiles are much lighter and usually reserved to the upper-most ridge pieces. The height of that range should be darker as it hasn't gotten into the higher elevation of the larger ridge in the top-right.

Purple - this tile clashes with the shading of the bottom-parts of the mountain base. I would suggest using a tile that continues the shading.

Red - I actually thought if the ridge went this way and connected that it would look better. It also would give more credibility to the sudden jaggedness of the smaller ridges as the elevation lowers.

(all just opinions of course ^_^ )

Pink- PFFF how did i miss that

Blue- Eh, maybe. I'm kind of sick of using the diagonal light-shaded tiles, but you make a good point

Green- ...elevation, THAT's what i was forgetting

Purple- derp meant to take that out

Red- Huh, I see what you mean. I'll try that, thanks

For the slim weapons, could the Short Bow be considered a slim weapon? Slight increase of critical rate, higher accuracy, less damage. If so, that'd belong with the slim weapon icons.

A) I don't have a short bow

B) I already consider the short bow a slim weapon

C) I organize my weapons on a whim and their placement on the chart is more for my benefit than anyone else's.