FE8 Reverse Recruitment LTC Run

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha, I actually did chapter 8!

However I'm going on holidays where i probably won't have internet access (unless I pay for it which is unlikely) for nearly two weeks, so don't expect any updates!

This is so stupidly amazing, it's probably about as broken as FE13 is.

Like FE13, this is just meant to exploit LTC. And this is just revitalizing my desire to play other FE's again (namely the GBA series), given the strategies involved, especially that Ch.5 Rescue-Drop chain. I have so forgotten about the possible strategy involved. ;~;

Also, Duessel doesn't really look bad. He's grow into some kind of 7-Mov Knight...which is actually kind of cool. The only problem is his base Str.

• 3 months later...

partially laziness, partially starting the other run, and partially uh yeah

i've made a few mistakes on this run thus far, i might redo the first 7 chapters >.<

i do promise i will finish this though. It was origianlly a spur of the moment thing, but i really enjoy reverse recruitment, especially the fe8 variant.

Believe it or not, this post is not meant to be a humbebrag!

But it's pretty cool that this is what has become of my original idea from years ago. I remember making the first FE8RR and people suddenly taking a huge liking to it. Seeing this made me wanna play again...but the patch in the OP is down. Could anyone reupload it?

I updated the link in the OP, it should be there now.

It's a bit different than the old Reverse recruitment patch, from what I remember, Kyle? was Eirika for some reason, or Amelia, I just remember it was something weird because people didn't want Myrrh as Seth or something

But yeah the reverse recruitment patches are always a blast to play

Yeah, I do not mind these differences. It's a personal hack, after all!

I think the reason Kyle was the main lord was because I made a weird switcheroo to make sure that RR!Myrrh took FE8!Orson's spot. And also because I enjoyed an all greenhairPrologue, and because I like mounted lord.

• 5 months later...

While I lost my fe11 save, I also lost this save! So organized!

buuuut I redid the first 7 chapters, and fixed up a few things, like making sure Cormag had the levels so I could 1 turn chapter 6, and uh, yeah that's about it!

I rerecorded the videos too, although I probably won't be able to upload them until this evening, it feels weird uploading videos at 6am.

I'm still not sure if I should get the chapter 8 whip or not. I can 5 turn with the whip like vanilla fe8, or 4 turn without it, I think it might pay off having another 8 move (flying) unit in the midgame chapters like 11, 12 and 14, but I'm not totally sure yet. I think I'm gonna do it, Cormag will be I think level 7 with really good stats after chapter 8, and other than Amelia, there aren't any mounts that don't suck until Franz. (and Tana, but I won't be able to promote her)

actually i'm talking myself into it now, if someone thinks its uneeded say so

I guess there's Natasha and potentially something like Mageknight!Lute which wouldn't be bad, but idk.

Edited by General Horace

All the videos are reuploaded, and can be found on this playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHhXqU1iGb019X0N9ClBaLnbCwkSNrRXz

I've decided to just go for the whip and keep a save if necessary, but I doubt I'll go back for it.

Edited by General Horace

Oh my god, Ewan didn't get a point in magic in your chapter 8 clear! The stat is already pretty darn high, but you'll be clearing the next chapters sooner than normal (what with that whip and the 'Seth' being a flier), and you missed the river mage's energy ring, so that could get in the way...

The C8 5-turn looks pretty lax logistically - is it the case that even with a dancer you can neither 4-turn w/o the whip nor 3-turn with it, just matching minimal vanilla turn counts (though I recall the stat benchmarks being very unreasonable in that one, too)?

Promoted (pre-C14 secret shop, where you may or may not go - so that's another turn that can be saved) Cormag does seem like a very good idea because you'll be getting higher pierce% for midgame and endgame maps, and as good as Syrene is (Cormag is likely beating her in strength soon though) she won't be proccing Pierce anytime soon.

And I can tell Tana isn't being used for longterm lol.

Good to see this back!

Oh my god, Ewan didn't get a point in magic in your chapter 8 clear! The stat is already pretty darn high, but you'll be clearing the next chapters sooner than normal (what with that whip and the 'Seth' being a flier), and you missed the river mage's energy ring, so that could get in the way...

The C8 5-turn looks pretty lax logistically - is it the case that even with a dancer you can neither 4-turn w/o the whip nor 3-turn with it, just matching minimal vanilla turn counts (though I recall the stat benchmarks being very unreasonable in that one, too)?

Promoted (pre-C14 secret shop, where you may or may not go - so that's another turn that can be saved) Cormag does seem like a very good idea because you'll be getting higher pierce% for midgame and endgame maps, and as good as Syrene is (Cormag is likely beating her in strength soon though) she won't be proccing Pierce anytime soon.

And I can tell Tana isn't being used for longterm lol.

Good to see this back!

A 4 turn is possible but promoted Cormag will definately make that one turn up, three turn is impossible since Syrene can't orko Tirado and uh, I don't think there's enough movement anyway.

The five turn required a promoted Franz in vanilla, so you're working with one more movement, and your Lord could just be dropped in the throne room to kill Tirado on her own, and obviusly Knoll would have some issues doing so...

It's not possible to three turn at all, and the four turn would require Syrene having another level that'd be impossible for her to get, since even with 5 strength procs she doesn't ORKO Tirado.

I don't think Ewan's magic will be a problem, there are still two energy rings, so he effectively has 17 magic, so he needs 6 more magic levels before chapter 16, and other units like Lute/Artur will have ~15-16 magic pretty easily and should be able to warp lategame, and Natasha has 12 base and B Staves, so she'll be hitting warp on time as well. But the main thing is Ewan got Luck AND Res twice, so that's important.

Tana will probably be used still, its just she didn't need to hit any stat benchmarks, and other than Ewan's and other units magic stats, I don't really care what the level ups are anymore, Cormag is more or less already set for lategame, and other lategame guys like Ross and Franz don't really need levels anyway.

oh, I also didn't post chapter 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5_KtTXdFsM&list=UUcp11fr85Q1lEVSEHtv53pA

Edited by General Horace

When I first started chapter 9, I was like YEAH LETS 2 TURN THIS WITH A DANCER but turns out that's easier said then done...

In fact I didn't save any villages! Well I could have gotten an extra rapier, but is that really worth it?

Syrene faces a pretty high chance of death, and I actually had to break her silver sword on the enemy phase so she could counter some archers with the javelin, but all was good. Amelia almost hit level 10 (she should next chapter) and Cormag and Ewan can promote when needed. Lute joins next chapter too, with mageknight access, so that should be a fun time. I'm gonna try to stuff enough levels down Gerik's throat to promote him, its pretty easy to get him kills and his offensive bases are really good. Ephraim only needs a level and a half to promote into his mount, and Forde well, we'll see how he ends up doing. I should probably give him kills instead of Tana.

Finished in three turns. Would have liked whatever comes in the far village, but the booster isn't important, so w/e

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4oi8ls75i4&feature=youtu.be

After completing chapter 10, its come to my notice that Neimi was bumped up to level 10 for balance purposes, so she can instapromote into a ranger! Her stats are half decent too!

EDIT: Just noticed Tana also has less con than normal... 4 con pegasus ftw

Chapter 11 is gonna be hard to 3 turn, but with some help from GARCIA on the boss, I think it's possible. I just need to figure out how to get Ewan far enough ahead while having someone (Amelia/Syrene/Cormag) in range of the doogs so they get OHKO'd. If I could only find my video of it in vanilla...

Edited by General Horace

I forgot to post chapter 10, in 2 turns. We get three magic users that are either prepremoted or can promote immediately which is rad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qzeM3a0H0A&list=PLHhXqU1iGb019X0N9ClBaLnbCwkSNrRXz&feature=share&index=11

I actually finished chapter 11 earlier too in 3 turns, so expect that soon. NPC Garcia saves all the turns.

So is some other dude(-tte) going to perform the C16 1-turn warp while Ewan promotes later to hit A staves for the final two maps or so with Sage mag caps? But then again you might be bosskilling with Cormag, hmm lemme think

Honestly I expected to 4 turn chapter 11, which gave Ewan a lot more Staff exp since he wouldn't be needed for combat, but yeah, I don't see him hitting A Staves in time for chapter 16. Natasha and Artur will probably have to make do, although their magic stats are kind of lame. I probably won't be able to 1 turn, but 2 turns will happen at worst. Another thing I thought of earlier too was Knoll might promote to Eirika lord, which would be pretty funny since he'd still be able to use Dark Magic.

Anyway, here's chapter 11:

http://youtu.be/fj9cKkjQUNA

EDIT: I'd need either Natasha or Artur to get 24 magic which is uh, 12 levels or 8 magic levels and both energy rings, so I don't think that's gonna happen. Hopefully taking a turn extra allows me to get some of the other cool stuff like purge which will help in chapter 18, maybe even saving a turn there.

If everything goes according to plan, I think I can pull off a 58 turn clear.

Edited by General Horace

• 4 weeks later...

He does his best.

I've worked out a 4 turn of chapter 12, I just need to do it without units dying or missing, so maybe i'll have it uploaded sometime soon? Probably not.

I'm actually kind of worried for hitting warp on time for chapter 16 haha.

I'm actually kind of worried for hitting warp on time for chapter 16 haha.

I thought Natasha started with A staves?

EDIT: NVM, she starts with B staves. And her base MAG is kinda bad, but at least she has a 60% MAG growth to help her out. And you were talking about Ewan, too. >_>

Edited by UFO

I've already given up on Ewan getting warp by chapter 16, i'm going to try to get Artur there though. THere's just not a lot of time, with the short chapter 12 clear, and chapter 13 will be 1 turn, allowing for not very much stuff as well.

edit: holy crap you're ZM

Edited by General Horace