Unit Practicality Thread

Wayward Alchemist

So this is the Unit Optimization Thread but less geared towards postgame PVP but for Lunatic playthroughs. I'm pretty sure a thread like this one existed at one point but I've been on a hiatus for a few months to avoid any more spoilers than I already have had. So to get the ball rolling the Felicia and Jakob, in my opinion, best serve as early-on Oifeys by means of reclassing (Felicia to Strategist and Jakob to Great Knight or maybe Paladin if you don't like GKs).

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool and practical Kamui builds:

+Str/-Res (aka the Lumi) Samurai.

+Mag Paladin w/Levin sword.

+Mag Spellcaster.

+Str Ninja.

9 times out of 10 the early servant is their best spouse because personal skill and availability.

Strategist!Felicia is basically a lot like Elise, though Elise has superior stats in general

It's mainly that she gets a "better" offensive option earlier

The effect of losing kunais is kind of hard to measure though

Tomebreaker isn't too ridiculously big of a loss if I must say so myself, though I don't really consider it much of a loss, though it might be a bit less optimal to reclass on Nohr

5/0 Felicia

18 HP, 1 STR, 13 MAG, 8 SKL, 11 SPD, 16 LUK, 2 DEF, 14 RES

5/0 Elise

19 HP, 2 STR, 11 MAG, 5 SKL, 10 SPD, 14 LUK, 4 DEF, 11 RES

20/20 Felicia

32 HP, 4 STR, 30 MAG, 20 SKL, 28 SPD, 33 LUK, 7 DEF, 31 RES

(Caps Luck at 20/8)

20/20 Elise

30 HP, 3 STR, 36 MAG, 16 SKL, 32 SPD, 34 LUK, 10 DEF, 32 RES

(Caps Mag at 20/14, Speed at 20/17, Luck at 20/11)

In the end aside from the whole combat thing, it's mostly a matter of magic vs kunai

I think, anyway

Edited by CocoaGalaxy

Maybe there is a miss understanding because you are using "5/0"&"20/20" on Felicia. They are actually "--/5" and "--/40".

Felicia can reclass at/after --/15 so she still has Tomebreaker as Strategist. It is easy to not to lose it.

Felicia reaches --/15 around Nohr 11 or Nohr 12. Kaze joins between these two chapters so it is good time to reclass Felicia.

Strategist has +2 base Mag, as well as +5% Mag growth which may result in +1~+2 extra Mag.

Explosive Shuriken has +6/+4 Mt than E/D rank tomes, +1/+2 extra Atk from weapon ranks.

Maid!Felicia also have +3 base Skl and +10% Skl growth, +1 base Spd, +5% Spd growth and +2 Spd from Explosive Shuriken.

It is obvious that Maid!Felicia has better offensive than Strategist!Felicia.

Edited by Tooru

However Strategist has an edge in Guard Stance with supplying Resistance to anyone who is paired up with her alongside +1 Move and being a great ferry.

But if you don't pair up Strategists, they can reduce more damage than supplying Res in Guard Stance.

Bow Knigh/Brave Hero/Maid supply +3~+5 Spd. They are better choices for pairing.

Edited by Tooru

How does Mozume, Hana, Azura!Midoriko, Elise, Charlotte, Sakura, Female Kanna (mother is Mozume with Luck+/Skill- from Avatar), and Effie fair as Maids in terms of growth rates and maximum stats? And assume that you level all of them up to level 20 at their starting class, use Buddy/Second/Marriage Seal, then use Master Seal and level them up to 20 (or in Midoriko's case, use the Child Seal after getting her around chapter 20ish or so, then use Eternal Seals and level her up to 30).

Edited by Dark Paladin X

How does Mozume, Hana, Azura!Midoriko, Elise, Charlotte, Sakura, Female Kanna (mother is Mozume with Luck+/Skill- from Avatar), and Effie fair as Maids in terms of growth rates and maximum stats? And assume that you level all of them up to level 20 at their starting class, use Buddy/Second/Marriage Seal, then use Master Seal and level them up to 20 (or in Midoriko's case, use the Child Seal after getting her around chapter 20ish or so, then use Eternal Seals and level her up to 30).

You're planning on using this team in Lunatic? I guess it will be a fun challenge run.

No, I'm planning on an all-Maid team on my Invisible Kingdom run for My Castle battles, but a Nohr Lunatic run using Maids will be...interesting.

Well I mean the unit optimization thread was more for PvP or My Castle and this was more for Lunatic iirc..

Well I mean the unit optimization thread was more for PvP or My Castle and this was more for Lunatic iirc..

True, I do consider Maids/Butler to be underpowered in comparison to Elite Ninjas statwise when it comes to offense power, but Maids can be useful in utility since they can use staves. Across from Felicia and Flora, are there any characters that makes it very practical to reclass into Maids/Butlers. I know Zero, Odin, Sakura, and Saizou can make great maid/butlers due to the hybrid nature of their growth rates and stats.

As far as things go, I think Camilla usually has first dibs on the Parallel Seal you get.

To a Wyvern Lord, I assume?

Also for Hoshido should Hinoka immediately go to Lance Fighter or should she risk screwing her strength and defense for extra Speed and Resistance (alongside a few skills)?

To a Wyvern Lord, I assume?

Also for Hoshido should Hinoka immediately go to Lance Fighter or should she risk screwing her strength and defense for extra Speed and Resistance (alongside a few skills)?

Wyvern Lord yes. It fits her growths more then Revenant Knight and fixes her terrible outfit imo.

Hinoka I believe does better for either, but I'd turn her into a Lance Fighter to at least get some skills.

Who would you say makes the best Revenant Knight?

Hm... I don't know, practically speaking, RK isn't a very desirable class to reclass anyone into during the main campaign. Physical oriented units should go WL instead. For magic, maybe Leon? Most other units will have weapon rank problems.

Yeah no one really makes a great Revenant Knight. Camilla can stay as one take all the spirit dusts and do really well, but she would rather have access to lances and the Horseslayer. Leon has to marry Belka to get Revenant Knight, and while he does get flight which is great, it doesn't help at all with his speed which is his biggest issue. The skills in the class are really great though so it may be worth to go Revenant and then reclass to Wyvern Lord. Depends on the how the player feels about it though.

Dark Knight has the same or higher base than Revenant Knight in all stats. IMO if someone cannot be a good Dark Knight, she/he cannot be a good Revenant Knight as well.

Elise can go Revenant Knight for some levels and get skills. The +6 base Def can help her to take 1 physical hit, like Golem in Nohr 21.

For post game, Revenant Knight can use Brave Axe+Lightning.

If a unit can neither be the best physical attacker nor best mage, Revenant Knight is worth trying.

Berka!Gurei and Saizou come to mind.

Edited by Tooru

Heres a good Kamui: Female +Str -Luck. S-rank Great Knight Jacob. Go Ninja to Elite Ninja. Maybe forge a +2 Iron Kunai. With Jacob pair up, Kamui gets +5 Str, +2 Skill, +1 Spd, +6! Def, (Personal) +3 Res (Personal) and +20 Avo (15 from Personal and 5 from class), and plus 1 move! Ninja are fast so Kamui should be able double fine. I believe Ninjas have a highish res growth, so Great Knight Jacob > Paladin Jacob. Elite Ninja gives Kamui access to Yato again, as well as reliable Hidden Weapons.

Edited by R O Y B O Y S

Why would you immediately change Camilla? She's more than good enough when you get her, no need to waste your limited parallel seals on her when she's going to kick ass just as hard as an RK. Besides, Deadly Breath is an amazing ability. I'd at least wait to snag that before changing her, and by that point you'll have much easier access to parallel seals, too.