Nintendo Direct 22nd Feb [Europe release confirmed]

deuxhero

OK Here's a thing:

When they're showing that big blue portal with all the people coming out of it, the thing that you're all thinking is a Dragon's gate, the person at the center of the portal is very clearly My Unit. I believe we learned in a previous update that My Unit appeared out of nowhere with no memory of anything. Could it be that all the other people in the portal are other characters from other games, who are going to appear in this game as well? Hmmm. Maybe we'll find out where Ike and Soren ended up after their adventures.

EDIT: Ooh also when they're showing wasserface crying girl, in the background they show a castle. That castle is built on top of a dragon skull. You can see the teeth and eyeholes.

Edited by The Awesomest

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the Roman Numerals:

The main difference with Masked Marth's costume to regular Marth (besides the mask) are the Xs which are on his cuffs. Coincidence?

Also, the numerals going from I to X... maybe indicative of the number of installments in the series?

Edited by General Banzai

Never underestimate Nintendo's stupidity. It took a fucking campaign for Xenoblade and Last Story to come here, and the former is Gamestop preorder exclusive.
1) Project Rainfall didn't make Xenoblade or the Last Story to come here (the Last Story isn't even being localized by Nintendo, for fuck's sake)2) You can buy Xenoblade directly from Nintendo.

lol, vgchartz is not a reliable source.

Anyways, while I love the idea of a grand unifying FE and would love for this to be the one, I'd say you guys might not want to set your expectations so high. Maybe it'll just be a few cameos, maybe it'll tie in with the first few FE games, etc.

Edited by Refa

1) Project Rainfall didn't make Xenoblade or the Last Story to come here (the Last Story isn't even being localized by Nintendo, for fuck's sake)2) You can buy Xenoblade directly from Nintendo.

The last time Nintendo allowed a third party to localize one of their games was in like 2006. And you act like the latter makes them any less retarded.

The last time Nintendo allowed a third party to localize one of their games was in like 2006. And you act like the latter makes them any less retarded.

Shadow Dragon's localization was at least partly (if not completely. I don't know the details.) handled by a third party: 8-4. It was in 2009.

Edited by Marthur

I think we're just being hopeful (or I am at least) ^^

The lady who resembles Ira looks like she's also on the boxart and I doubt they'd have a returning character besides Marth on the box, but that's just my view.

Shadow Dragon's localization was at least partly (if not completely. I don't know the details.) handled by a third party: 8-4. It was in 2009.

Outsourcing the translation is not the same as giving control to another company like Atlus was given for Cubivore (and they refused to let Atlus do Mother 3 after that so...).

Also, TLS co-devloper AQ Interactive is one of X-Seed's parents, so that is likely the only reason they could do it.

Edited by deuxhero

I think the Mother 3 thing was less about Nintendo not trusting Atlus and more about them just not wanting to localize it for whatever reason you subscribe to.

I think it's pretty obvious NoA never intended to bring Xenoblade here until just recently. They're using all the british voices and it's having an extremely limited release. They're essentially taking the European version and slapping the ESRB logo on the cover.

The fact that it didn't have any merit for making sales was the reason. A cult fanbase doesn't support sales :/

I didn't know you worked at Nintendo.