O-sawa Mitsuki FE4 manga translation thread

Tomoyo

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this has been said before(if so my B) but is the team gonna have a separate board for the new translator?

As far as updates go, pretty sure I'm just gonna go with TravelingElder's suggestion and make a new thread where I can link all the chapter downloads as we get more stuff out so it's easy to update and keep everyone up to date with. I'll get around to that once we complete the next chapter so we have something to put up there when I make the thread.

This feels like quoting myself, not cool

Thank you sooo much for this translation, it is a great pleasure to discover Seisen no Keifu's complete story.

The manga allows so much character development and it explains well the relations between them, and the complex lore of Jugdral.

The only problem I have with the manga is that some characters have their own stories while others are non-existant like Ardan (poor guy...), Noish, Beowulf, ...

By the way,

Is the manga ending in Silesia or the translation is not complete?

Glory to Thracia

Glory to the translators

This is the longest FE4 manga of them all, going almost all the way to the end. It's far from done.

In fact, the previous few pages were precisely about the new team setting up to continue that translation.

Thank you sooo much for this translation, it is a great pleasure to discover Seisen no Keifu's complete story.

The manga allows so much character development and it explains well the relations between them, and the complex lore of Jugdral.

The only problem I have with the manga is that some characters have their own stories while others are non-existant like Ardan (poor guy...), Noish, Beowulf, ...

By the way,

Glory to Thracia

Glory to the translators

Ardan IS in the manga. He just didn't get much panel time. At all. Holyn and Beowulf were entirely cut because they're the author's least favorites, and it was probably going to be a pain in the ass if she had to add two more love triangles onto the already obvious one with Levin. Plus I wouldn't wanna write for characters I don't like either, so can't really blame her there. I like Holyn, but yeah... More love triangles would just get exhausting.

This is the longest FE4 manga of them all, going almost all the way to the end. It's far from done.

In fact, the previous few pages were precisely about the new team setting up to continue that translation.

I feel like this man is our spokesperson who unfortunately has to repeat himself. A lot.

whaat..... why was my reply deleted?

Unless a mod deleted your reply, which I highly doubt there would've been a reason for that, it probably just didn't go through. Your connection might've just flopped when you posted. Idk. I haven't been around to see if you had another post recently.

Tbh it's every time I look at this thread to see if there's a new post that there's nothing, and then I look away for a couple days and suddenly discussion. Luck stat -3.

By the way,

Glory to Thracia

Glory to the translators

See, this person I like.

Look at this JD, another person who agrees with me that Thracia is amazing. =w=

We're mostly waiting on those of us who have never done anything like this before figuring out how this shit works but once we get the first chapter out it should hopefully pick up a little bit. We hope. Also volume 14 seems to have a lot of shit for me to redraw which will be exciting. Cuan is currently the bane of my gods-damned existence in terms of panels I've had to redraw. Seriously. That was HIS fault and I'm not happy.

But yes we have team members who have not used anything but paint before and unfortunately we all have real lives as well so...

On the other hand, here's one of the rougher redraws of my waifu.

tumblr_nqbu8xgFJe1uvzcz4o1_1280.png

And JD you can fight me because she's mine :3c

Edited by ChildofDain

LOOK WOMAN.

I LIKE ARION JUST FINE, ISN'T THAT ENOUGH. DON'T BE PICKY.

But like Thracia Woman here said, it's been a lot of trial and error basically. I'd rather do all that first and get through it and take forever releasing the first chapter from this group rather than continue doing trial and error for like ten chapters and giving out snail releases until we're all good. At least we know once we get the first chapter from our team out (which should be rather soon, finally. Soon as in I'm really hoping for and aiming for next week at the latest), we'll be basically set to release normally without having to go "oh shit how do I do this on this program" in the middle of a chapter later on. That's just how we seem to be better handle things, so the long wait in the beginning imo is worth it in the long run. And this is gonna be... a long run, considering we have ten volumes to work on, and hell if we work on FE5's manga sometime afterward. Both myself and ChildofDain own the FE5 manga, so... it'll probably happen. Plus Arion's in that manga and Thracia Woman here is head over heels for, well, Thracia. Meanwhile there's so much Sety in part of that manga that why WOULDN'T I want to scan all that. Fun fun.

-

ChildofDain, if you ever happen to have to redraw any Sety panels... you better... make them look perfect... and make him beautiful... or just never sleep ever again lest I find you. OUO!

Stop blaming Cuan for your problems. It's obviously Trabant's fault for everything. Everything is his fault at all times unless it was Manfloy's fault.

DON'T CALL ETHLIN WAIFU AFTER COMPLAINING ABOUT CUAN YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED IN MY PRESENCE ANYMORE, I SAY AS I CLICK SKYPE BECAUSE I KNOW IT'S FLASHING YELLOW BECAUSE OF YOU.

Guys, these are the kind of people in the new team. That's it, this is us. I'm sorry. On one side you'll hear someone yelling for bloody Thracians and the other one will be screaming about cold Silesians. Those were intended puns. It took a lot of effort to write lest and not Lester anyway.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

Sometimes I swear the only thing we agree on is our Celice x Leaf shipping, fufufu~n.

I'll call the waifu my waifu if I want and I'm still laughing at you having to scan all the delicious undershirt wearing Trabant for this. You had all better love her, she has suffered so much for your sake (and to my delight). Seriously this man should not be allowed to be so hot. =w=

ChildofDain, if you ever happen to have to redraw any Sety panels... you better... make them look perfect... and make him beautiful... or just never sleep ever again lest I find you. OUO!

This sounds like a challenge to me. You might be a fan of Silessians but let's face it by the time we get that far it'll be well into winter and there's no way you'll make it this far up north without freezing~. I'll sleep very soundly at night.

Unless a mod deleted your reply, which I highly doubt there would've been a reason for that, it probably just didn't go through. Your connection might've just flopped when you posted. Idk. I haven't been around to see if you had another post recently.

That was me. It was a spam post asking for an update on status of the TL, and after your

I will say this again: We are not worrying about speed. We are choosing quality over speed. More along the idea of "let's do this the best we can the first time so we don't have to go back later after releasing chapters/volumes and fix tons of things". Please stop asking us to move quickly or implying it. This project isn't meant to get stressful and will not be rushed. I want to get this done just as quickly as everyone wants to see it, and all of us are looking forward to the results of each finished chapter. Still not gonna rush it. We're not trying to sound rude, but it does get frustrating when you're constantly and/or repeatedly asked to hurry.

I figured I'd hide it, confer with a fellow mod to see if it was warn worthy, but then I forgot, as I had hid it just before heading to work, and was exhausted after work.

Edit: As someone who's worked on TL projects before, I understand the frustration from the constant badgering, so I want to make sure you're well insulated from that if possible.

Edited by Balcerzak

That was me. It was a spam post asking for an update on status of the TL, and after your

I figured I'd hide it, confer with a fellow mod to see if it was warn worthy, but then I forgot, as I had hid it just before heading to work, and was exhausted after work.

Edit: As someone who's worked on TL projects before, I understand the frustration from the constant badgering, so I want to make sure you're well insulated from that if possible.

Oh, was that it? Well, thanks for the consideration then! I did actually give an update fairly recently as to our position, so... there's no other updates beyond that I can give except releasing the chapter, honestly.

Thanks a ton for that, though. It'd be less frustrating if people didn't constantly ask the same questions that have been answered multiple times within a few pages alone (and asking for updates so quickly after the last one... We've been giving updates for the past few topic pages, so... I genuinely don't know what more people are looking for). I understand it's nice actually knowing who is working on the project and being able to communicate with them, but there's really only so many updates I can give per chapter.

All of us to my knowledge do have at least minor experience in our respective parts of this team, so we all understand the kind of effort needed to manage a project like this (plus some of these chapters are like 40-ish pages). We don't want to seem, I don't know, uptight, I guess,(?) being a new team for this, but there's really only so much we can say before we just start having to ignore repetitive things.

At least we know once we get the first chapter from our team out (which should be rather soon, finally. Soon as in I'm really hoping for and aiming for next week at the latest), we'll be basically set to release normally without having to go "oh shit how do I do this on this program" in the middle of a chapter later on.

So excited to hear this!!! And don't feel hurried, we all know you're doing a tough job and we appreciate that. The first group did a great job and I'm sure you guys will do just as well or better. Best of luck, really looking forward to your guy's work.

Edited by Zasplach