Need some help !!!

Hidan66666

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Do you just want a character that looks like cloaked Hector or do you want the cloak on another character or do you want a mug to be formatted? Need some clarification here. :/

Also, here in the Hacking section probably isn't the best place for this topic, since it's just about a sprite

I think he's saying he doesn't get how it's formatted.

cUEC6.png

brown - nothing; unused; put nothing but the bg color there

black - the hack box; the mug must fit in there(the mouth used there will be the mouth viewed on the level up screen)

green - chibi(32x32)

red/orange - blinking frames(each 32x16)

yellow - base mouth frame on the stat screen(32x16)

light blue -> dark blue - smiling talking frames(each 32x16)

light purple -> purple - normal talking frames(each 32x16)

there's some more posted somewhere on the forum but this is a start

you might want to be somewhat specific in your title/first post because they're both vague(especially the title)

also I assume you have permission to use that DoG mug as your avatar

Edited by Skitty of Time

You would think so.

Hidan, if you have the frames and the chibi, all you need to do is arrange them like the example that Skitty gave. If you don't, you will need to make them yourself by editing the sprite.

And can I ask you to stop using my sprite as your avatar? You never asked me to use it, and I do not like other people using my things without asking.

What is your native language? Maybe I can use a translator to better get the questions that are being asked across. It seems you don't understand what is being asked and we can't clearly understand what you are asking.

We are looking for the original image you are trying to format. Once we know what you already have, it is easier to tell you what to do next. Right now, there is not enough information to effectively help you.

Skitty's first post explains this.

Basically, the top-left is the full completed mugshot. Below that are crops of the mouth area used for taking frames. It goes: opened, half-opened, closed. There are two rows to give the option of two different expressions.

Over on the right side, you have the mini at the top, which is the shrunken down image that shows when hovering over the character on the map. Below that are crops of the eye area used for blinking animations. It starts with half-closed and under that is fully closed. Under that is usually a repeat of the closed mouth.

If you just have the full face, you can paste that in the to left area and copy and paste the mouth area to the spots that hold the closed mouth frames. The rest, you would need to make yourself. As a beginner, I would really recommend finding bases that are already formatted and editing those until you get good enough at spiriting to make blinking eyes and talking mouths from scratch.

This is the best I can do for explaining from my phone. When I get home, I can try more.

Edit: Here's some visual help. See my avatar over at the left? I can take that and paste it into the spot you see selected below: (surrounded by the dashed border)

1_zpsc21e438a.png

Now let's zoom in a bit. If you grab a 32x16 area around the mouth, you can actually use this in 3 spots. The image below shows the area I selected and the red circled areas are where I pasted it:

2_zps706f4e36.png

The rest of the mouth frames have to be made yourself if you don't have an existing base for that. In this case, you can still paste over the same closed mouth so you have the rest of the face the same and then try to sprite the opened mouths.

The next selection shows the area that it takes from the eyes. But since the eyes are closing, the fully opened eyes can't be reused here. What I usually do is copy and paste it in the eye frame areas anyway and then edit the eyes to be partially closed and then fully closed as you see in the image:

3_zps560b206d.png

Finally, we have the mini. One technique you can try is to take the original image and shrink it down to 32x32 and touch it up. This is what I usually do for my heavier customs or edits of bases that don't have minis.
4_zpsb451e9ea.png

Hopefully that makes sense.

Edited by Crazy Li

Any image editor, really. Use whatever you're most comfortable/familiar with. Since GBA games have strict color limitations, a program that can restrict the palette is best. I like Graphics Gale for this, but it takes some work to learn how to use it properly.