Nintendo Direct 22nd Feb [Europe release confirmed]

deuxhero

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My initial reaction. No, really:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzdG-BWtuho

It would be funny if this game carried on from the bad ending of Mystery of the Emblem, where Medeus destroys Marth's world. Then Marth travels through a Dragon's Gate to Krom's world.

This makes perfect sense. It's in the trailer, Marth running towards what is probably a Dragon's Gate. I hope this means all Fire Emblem worlds can be connected this way (If they're going to bother linking two worlds, why not them all? This means remakes and cast returns galore.).

Edited by lancerusso

Could this be our Dragon's Gate?

Also, it'd be funny if the game took place in an alternate version of Archanea...

EDIT

Actually, somebody on ChinaFE noticed the world map is displayed for a brief moment.

Compare with Archanea (you need to rotate the map a bit) : o

Edited by VincentASM

It's more or less guaranteed to come to NA now. European FE sales are the worst of the three big markets; if they're releasing it there they're almost assuredly planning a worldwide release. Then again, there is some form of independence within the company, so I guess we'll see.

Definitely good news!

Edited by Tangerine

It's more or less guaranteed to come to NA now. European FE sales are the worst of the three big markets; if they're releasing it there they're almost assuredly planning a worldwide release. Then again, there is some form of independence within the company, so I guess we'll see.

Definitely good news!

Never underestimate Nintendo's stupidity. It took a fucking campaign for Xenoblade and Last Story to come here, and the former is Gamestop preorder exclusive.

If I may be the fellow who comes in with a secondary thought on all this?

First off, I can hardly contan my excitement that even if it doesn't come to the US, it's European release will still mean an English translation so I can at least still read up on it. I still hope it comes to the US of course, since I'm also a fan of the series.

However, a couple thoughts. I saw in the Sword reflection part of the movie a hooded figure past Marth with no real discernable traits. However, it doesn't look like anything Ike would wear (and Ike is like 10 times this guy's size), so if I were to guess, that could possibly be Marth's MU as he also served as an important figure to Marth in FE12. Pick sides perhaps? Is the world of all Fire Emblem at war? If so, what does that make of the Dragon's Gate? Will we see Elibians again? In a strange way, this does actually seem like the Fire Emblem world game where all the Fire Emblems come together to kick ass, but the idea behind it sounds so awesome that I actually can't believe they pulled it off. I'm actually intrigued. Bravo, IS.

Downloadable characters hm? That's...Odd. Intriguing for sure, but very odd to me. It's awesome that we could revisit some FE history that way, but I can only imagine it being awkward.

Artist was the guy behind No More Heroes? Slick.

However, a couple thoughts. I saw in the Sword reflection part of the movie a hooded figure past Marth with no real discernable traits. However, it doesn't look like anything Ike would wear (and Ike is like 10 times this guy's size), so if I were to guess, that could possibly be Marth's MU as he also served as an important figure to Marth in FE12.

It's actually this game's MU. (They have the same clothes.)

the artstyle hasn't grown on me at all. having marth would be great, but i'm really hopeful from the trailer that any reappearances of characters are integrated into the story and canonical instead of just random one-off DLC maps.

Edited by geozeldadude

Masked Marth... color me intrigued.

Well, I would be if I could ever witness the story, thanks a lot NoAholes.

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/img/0222/002.png

i wonder if those roman numerals mean anything because they do stop at nine but i cant see if there is a ten or not

If it is an X covered. That's the current number of games baring remakes.

I submit that she is the dimension master thing that brings Marth into play.

Edited by deuxhero

I am actually thinking the same thing. Maybe she can bend time and space and open portals for characters to travel between worlds (and pass through time therefore allowing FE 6/7 or FE 1-5 characters to fight alongside one another). This could explain why Ayra and Zihark seem to be fighting together.

Masked Marth... color me intrigued.

Well, I would be if I could ever witness the story, thanks a lot NoAholes.

If it is an X covered. That's the current number of games baring remakes.

yeah i figured there would be an X and i agree its either something symbolic or she is the time/dimension master that will probably help integrate the whole "characters from previous installments" deal in the game

Edited by Velth

Also from the Nintendo Direct footage, we see some spear+shield users (solder). I'd say it's fair indication they are in the game as NPCs at least.

edit: Oh! One detail I noticed during a rewatch, at the final end of the "Falchion's reflection" scene, there is the back of a man with pointy ears and a claok. I'd say Medeus except he has black hair and a full head. Garnef?

Edited by deuxhero

Also from the Nintendo Direct footage, we see some spear+shield users (solder). I'd say it's fair indication they are in the game as NPCs at least.

edit: Oh! One detail I noticed during a rewatch, at the final end of the "Falchion's reflection" scene, there is the back of a man with pointy ears and a claok. I'd say Medeus except he has black hair and a full head. Garnef?

I thought it was the black knight that appeared near the beginning of the trailer.