Rate the Unit, Day 22: Wolf

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard 2 Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly. Also, if your vote is already a 10/10 or greater than 9 and you give a full point of bias, The score may not exceed 10!

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Each ranking phase ends from 2100 to 2200 EST. 13th May start the topic again but i am not sure. Do the math if you are in another timezone!

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- "Recruits X" or "takes you to X chapter" arguments are explicitly banned. C'mon, people, this shouldn't need to be a rule. That's not gameplay performance.

- Assume that the character in question is being recruited.

- Similar to the "Recruits X" rule, do not use "He Comes with a Free Ridersbane" as an argument.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

Averages:

Darros: 2.45

Gordin: 3.11

Bord: 4.37

Navarre: 4.66

Cord: 4.87

Castor: 5.54

Merric: 5.58

Wrys: 5.92

Marth: 6.33

Sedgar: 6.57

Julian: 6.60

Jagen: 6.98

Draug: 7.12

Ogma: 7.56

Hardin: 8.70

Abel: 8.76

Cain: 8.90

Lena: 9.26

Barst: 9.40

Sheeda: 9.89

Edited by *Narshen*

7.75, from the last thread, because of 120% str growth and superior to Sedgar base stats in general (well, -2 res, but who cares).

Still, poor bases in general mean he will struggle to catch up quickly.

So again 7.75

Similar reasons to the Sedgar thread but since he doesn't have that rockin' >100% DEF growth as a General and starts at a higher level (i.e. less room to grow) I'll give him 7/10 without bias.

He's cute, but a little psycho. He doesn't have to worry about random crits, and his Strength growth is better. He's not getting a bias, due to personality, so. . .

7.5/10

Iforgot to do a lot of these ratings, but Wolf has always been reliable. He'll make a great hero if you get him to level 20/20, and considering how many arenas are in this game, it shouldn't take too long.

Because he's a prepremote, he can get some kills off of the first few levels. (A few of them mercy-kills, but kills nonetheless)

7.5/10 because of his rocky start but otherwise completely pwning after arena-abuse.

Don't count this vote if Reclassing isn't aloud.

Just gonna copy/pasta Sedgars since I feel the same about both:

He's oh so much better than his FE3 self. It's hard to believe they are the same character. Now to him in FE11 H2: his growths are good (amazing when you compare it to his FE3 ones). But his bases aren't the best, so I don't really like to use him. Plus he's a bit of an unneeded exp drain IMO.

7/10

Wolf has slightly better bases, but they don't seem to make a substantial amount of a difference. I guess the extra Spd point helps (10 Spd as a Hero with Sedgar, 11 with Wolf), but at the end of the day he's merely a growth unit. My thoughts with Sedgar pretty much reflect with Wolf here, aside from the -1 Spd point.

6/10.

The only good non growth units in FE11 are the ones with unique utility and Jeigan. Maybe Colonel M means he needs to get a few levels before he becomes good, unlike say, Hardin, Barst, Caeda, etc.

Edited by Refa

I think I gave Sedgar a 6

So Wolf gets a 7.5 due to bias, higher bases, and doesn't face crit chances from enemies due to his higher luck

Sedgar's defence win is useless.

The only good non growth units in FE11 are the ones with unique utility and Jeigan. Maybe Colonel M means he needs to get a few levels before he becomes good, unlike say, Hardin, Barst, Caeda, etc.

hardin, barst, and caeda might not even qualify as growth units because all of them rock in 0% growths

abel and cain, however, are growth units.