New Serenes Forest banner

VincentASM

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Internet Explorer users may have to live with a slightly downgraded banner that only features FE13's My Units.

I use Internet Explorer and I have the Yune banner...

I can't even click my "personal box" (profile/settings/sign out/etc) at all.

Same here.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I apologize if much time was spent time on it, but I dislike it. It looks sloppy and less sophisticated. The previous one was perfect, I thought.

I'm enjoying the new banner, looks nice (and it's awesome to finally have one that fits my screen resolution!). I'm particularly enjoying the lords summoned from other worlds, but I wish Leaf would stop appearing so frequently with his non-FE13 art :P:.

I'm on Opera 11.62, and the following doesn't work:

- Serenes Forest

- Members

- Calendar

- the entire box with my profile thing. . .which means I can't sign out! :sob:

There's a bug with IE and Opera. They ignore the user select: none; property, which allows overlapping elements to be treated as if they don't exist. I've sent a fix to Vincent, so you'll soon get working access to that menu. Sorry about that folks. I did do testing in Opera, but since it visually looked acceptable and it's never treated me badly, wasn't aware there was a problem there. IE, well that has a history of miss treating me so I expected something to come up.

My motivation from day one was to have Krom in a chef hat tease you guys. Weeks of effort, correspondence, and tedious spiriting were all done explicitly to pull a joke.

I like the old one better, i get the feeling that there's too many random things, we need a simpler font and a simpler picture on the left, but i love the sparkling yune on the right :)

sorry for saying all of this, but since im studying graphic design i think it's too crowded XD

Believe me! I tried to get Vincent and co to give me the old banner to work off of. But the old PSD is lost to time, and there was nothing usable to harvest from the static image. And honestly the old banner bugged me, in the greater context of the header. All that unused green on the right side… it didn't even pretend to blend in. I always make sure my banners are variable width for that express reason.

Oh, thanks~! I don't mind missing out on the lord summoning; I just want the basic stuff to work~!

Something's up with the forum links at the top, too. That bit where it says "Serenes Forest Forums> Important Forums> Announcements"; only the bottom part of the words are clickable, whereas the top part isn't. helllppppp

Looks good, though I did have a certain fondness for the old banner. I'm sure I'll get used to it :P:. Sorry we weren't a whole lot of help!

Thats pretty cool! Random characters popping out of a magic circle. Neat!

Now back to Rajaion Red. The default hurts mein eyes!

You can tell which users sit in the dark while using the Internet up in here :O! Listenin' to metal and fangirling over Snape.

Edited by Tangerine

I like it. Looks pretty cool, seeing lords pop up out of the circle. It works fine on Safari. Just a question, though, are the lords supposed to pop out of the circle and disappear, or linger? Because on my browser they're summoned, then they disappear less than a second after they show up.

I did the most extensive testing on Safari. Should've had the least issues. What version are you running?

Version 5.0.5., I believe.

@eclipse

It's 1:00am where Vincent lives. I wouldn't expect the fixes to be put in until after breakfast at the earliest.

@Jihyun

Ahhhh. You must be running Leopard or Snow Leopard. The most up to date version of Safari is 5.1.5 for Lion. Lion's a really spiffy operating system. <3 The touch gestures. But, uh, more seriously. I think I know what's causing your bug. But if I fix that particular bug, it'll cause a lot of problems for Opera, IE, and Fire Fox. So unfortunately, I probably shouldn't solve that particular one for you. (It has to deal with what people should see if animations aren't supported. Falling back gracefully and all. Safari 5.0 apparently doesn't support -webkit-animation-direction.)

Sorry. :(:

Edited by Wooster

@Jihyun

Ahhhh. You must be running Leopard or Snow Leopard. The most up to date version of Safari is 5.1.5 for Lion. Lion's a really spiffy operating system. <3 The touch gestures. But, uh, more seriously. I think I know what's causing your bug. But if I fix that particular bug, it'll cause a lot of problems for Opera, IE, and Fire Fox. So unfortunately, I probably shouldn't solve that particular one for you. (It has to deal with what people should see if animations aren't supported. Falling back gracefully and all. Safari 5.0 apparently doesn't support -webkit-animation-direction.)

Sorry. :(:

No problem, I was just wondering if that was supposed to be happening or not. The new banner is nice as it is. But thanks for telling me what the "issue" is.

Some part of me wants to say that the link on the "serenes forest forums" text near the top is misplaced, but it could just be me. And I'm sure it doesn't happen on any of the other skins (ie i checked magical purple and that's about it)